412 for sale | FerrariChat

412 for sale

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by slewman, Dec 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    looks good and a great price!

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #3 Ashman, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    Just reduced from $34,950. Interesting that it spent 8 years in Hawaii.

Looks beautiful but it is a shame that it has covered only 7,000 miles in the last 20 years.

Although the July 2008 service to reset the throttle stops because they weren't going to wide open indicates that someone wanted to drive it "briskly"!

3. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    #4 blkprlz, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    Is it ever!
    Edit: I wonder if it's to increase its saleability?

Yeah, what's that about?? It's not difficult to get anywheres near top end w/o getting too close to the floor, & 400iS2s are 25 ponies short of a 412. Is it an automatic kind of thing?

4. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Nice lookin' car. Saw some sort of emissions tag, but no verbiage about EPA/DOT paperwork.

49 state legal?
    50 state legal?
    zero legal?

5. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    This car is taunting me.

I joined F-chat about a year and a half ago, and have been fairly consistently lurking in this section, because I think the 400-series cars are the way I want to "ease" (if you can call it that) myself into the ranks of Ferrari owners. My wishlist of F-cars is really mostly the front-engined V12s... my halo car is a 250GTE or 330 America. Damn you, Tom Yang!

So I've looked and researched and wanted this 400i and that 400i that have been up for sale in that time, but just couldn't pull the trigger, partly because with some of them I couldn't pull it off and with others my "responsibility gene" kicked in...

So I decided to just get very specific in what I wanted - don't just want what's available, decide exactly what you want and work toward it, so you can pull it off when it comes along was the basic plan.

But because of the motion shots in the Daft Punk video and just my preference for the rear end shape of the 412 in profile, I decided that what I wanted was a black 412 with tan interior. I could dream and save and work toward it when one to my specific preferences and standards finally came up.

And then this one shows up. About a year too early, by my calculations. Ugh.

God do I want that car. Where's the "drooling" smiley?

6. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Ryan:

Just to tempt you further, Seth Rosner, a real enthusiast in upstate NY is selling his 5 speed 412 (s/n 74099) in a very nice combination of Blue Sera and Tan, advertised in the current Ferrari Market Letter.

He describes it as near "flawless", winner of a Cavallino Classic Platinum award in 2005 and it received a full service and detailing from Wide World of Cars this past summer. 20K miles and asking $53K.

7. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I'm not sure if you're a nice guy, or just plain cruel =]

Thanks for the heads-up.

8. 92677

92677 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What are the primary differences between the 400 and 412?

9. Trachsel

Trachsel Karting

Aug 8, 2008
    Muri BE
    New rear suspension with new hydraulic self leveling system, new interior.

10. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    There are many differences but the main ones are more horsepower (340 vs. 310), ABS (the first road Ferrari with ABS), standard dual a/c, orange numbers on instruments, rear deck lid higher by about 1 inch, rear fog lights set below the bumper instead of in it, additional stereo speakers.

11. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Body colored trim

12. RMSI

RMSI Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks like this one sold. And not to me... sniff, sniff... I told myself I'd wait it out through the holidays and see where things were on the other side. Apparently, the answer to that question is "sold".

I can't wait to finally get my hands on one! Hopefully soon!

13. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    you snooze you lose!@!@ don't worry they seem to be coming around more these days, seems like the prices on the 412 are hitting rock bottom. don't wait too long..

14. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

Firstly, I have no affiliation with the seller or owner and know nothing on this car...but I have seen this one for sale for awhile now in Calgary AB Canada. When I first saw it the price was around $40K and now it is $33.5K CAN (cold Canadian Winters I guess :) )... and apparently it was imported from the US. However, one would need to investigate whether one could import it back into the US.

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/CALGARY_Alberta_1987_FERRARI_412C+AUTO+-+1+of+576_2233700.html?srcid=3347415&source=27&pgno=1&srt=70&CompanyID=20070221112858031&r=ontario&ad-attributes=photos,,

Cheers,

Sam

15. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I also have no affiliation with current or previous owners, but understand the car was in Vancouver prior to it's sale to the current owner in AB. I think the BC owner subsequently acquired a 456 auto. I speculate that the 412's color is an issue for some potential buyers.

Jon

16. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Rosso Corsa? I guess for a touring car it isn't first pick, but that is a fine looking example (coming from a 348/308 guy mind you).

MB

17. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I love red on most Ferraris and I like the lines of the 365-412 series. I've seen the 412, if not this one than its clone, on the street a few times. IMHO the rosso corsa makes the car look huge even though it isn't really a large car. Yes, the ad photos certainly suggest this is a nice car irrespective of the color and, assuming the previous owner is who I believe it to be, the car would have been well looked after during it's time here.

Jon

18. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    #19 judge4re, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  20. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Good point and illustration of it!
    Jon

21. Ken West

Ken West Rookie

Jan 5, 2019
    Fairfield, CT
    Full Name:
    Kenneth P West
    John - I am not a FML subscriber, but do you have any contact info for this upstate NY seller? - Ken

22. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Ken,

You realize that your response is to a thread/message/post from 10.5 years ago, correct?

Welcome to the board! Let us know how we can help!

23. Ken West

Ken West Rookie

Jan 5, 2019
    Fairfield, CT
    Full Name:
    Kenneth P West
    Thank you OttoB. I think I posted my question in the wrong thread. Stay safe.