Timate Exhaust | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Timate Exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by cookdesk, Jul 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. INGO u-a

INGO u-a Karting

Jan 1, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ingo
    #26 INGO u-a, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love it. It's looooud and "backs fire" slightly when I down shift.
    I have a short video.

http://vimeo.com/6079739

I bought my exhaust from ehagen here at the forum and every thing went smooth and the shipment was superfast cross the atlantic to Europe.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hotcello

hotcello Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Glad you got it, this is the most unique exhuast out there and I am glad not many people have it:) it's truly a hidden treasure, enjoy it!

3. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Nice job with the video. I liked the way you mixed the music with exhaust sounds. So often people leave the music too loud and it steps on the exhaust.

Car sounds great.

Frank

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    funky, is it legal ??

5. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Any idea if Timate has a website?

6. K.D.K

K.D.K F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2007
    Destiny
    Full Name:
    Fruit Cake
  7. HHogan

HHogan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2008
    Mississauga
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Great video!!

8. h22gordo

h22gordo Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Gordan
    #33 h22gordo, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You guys should watch what you post.
    These (2) pictures I see showed me:
    A. Tailpipes with a broken tab (Timate's logo stamp)
    B. The tailpipes have already shifted, and look uneven.

As some may know, titanium exhausts may lead to cracking with prolonged use. The type of titanium used plays a huge roll in the longevity.

I doubt Timate is using military grade titanium, because the price reflects otherwise. There are better alternatives out there than this Taiwanese offering.....especially for a $200,000 Ferrari. I never thought I would see the day where a titanium exhaust was cheaper than every other stainless exhaust out there!

9. INGO u-a

INGO u-a Karting

Jan 1, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ingo
    Mine work fine, had it for two years now. No cracks or other issus. Not reayl legal, I have to sweet talk the guys every year at the inspection :)

10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    You actually have an old version of the tailpipes.

Timate have actually revised the design since then, they now have a much stronger re-enforced bracket. I sent mine back and the upgraded them for free (I just paid the shipping costs). You should get in touch with them about the upgrade if your worried.

The Timate system is absolutely fantastic. I drove around the whole of Europe with my system. A few small teething issues where being corrected in the early design (that you have) but other than that I have nothing but praise for them. A system thats less than 10kg's weight is nothing but good news and they should be praised for having the balls to actually make it for such a niche market in the first place.

11. Argento6spd360modena

Argento6spd360modena Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2009
    #36 Argento6spd360modena, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
    I just ordered a Timate Titanium exhaust, I can't wait to have it installed. I went with Timate mainly because of positive review from Trev and weight saving. I actually have access to used Tubi and Capristo exhaust locally for less than what TImate Titanium exhaust. Even if Timate cost $4k, I still would had gone with Timate Titanium exhaust. Janet is really easy to work with, they shipped the exhaust and e-mailed me the Fedex tracking number immediately after I paid via paypal. The exhaust should arrive two days after I paid. They got one left in stock, normally it would be made to order and take 10 days.

Taiwan actually make really high quality products now days, this is not 1980s any more.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bloody thing sure sounds awesome. Five valves make for a unique sound.

Sure you want to swap for a Scud engine, Trev? They sound pretty good, too, I have to admit.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    indeed it does

14. Argento6spd360modena

Nov 20, 2009
    Fedex delivered the exhaust today. I paid on this Wednesday night, package arrived less than 48 hours later from across Pacific ocean. The service is definitely top rated, and the built quality of the item far exceeded my expectation. It is a work of art and so amazingly lightweight, one will have to see it in person to appreciate the beauty of this exhaust. Stay tuned for videos next week after I have it installed.

15. Argento6spd360modena

Nov 20, 2009
    Getting the exhaust installed tomorrow morning. Too bad it is likely going to rain. I just found another video of the 360 Modena with Timate Titanium exhaust (Lowwell Motorsports)

The red 360 Modena in this video is equipped with the Titanium exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQihhwb0t7A

16. Argento6spd360modena

Nov 20, 2009
    #41 Argento6spd360modena, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
    I had the exhaust installed yesterday. The car revs up so much faster and sounds like Carrera GT. My friends said it sounded like god, I even got a thumbs up from a CHP. Does this exhaust get quieter after break in?

However, I am not the loud exhaust type. The exhaust is mad loud, if it were a car I drive once a week I don't mind, but I love driving the car as much as I can. Therefore, I am putting the stock exhaust back on tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in the Titanium exhaust, I am in Orange County, it is available for sale, I paid $2400 shipped. I am willing to sell it at $2k, if anyone is interested, please let me know. The exhaust in mint and whopping 50+ lbs lighter than stock.

17. Argento6spd360modena

Nov 20, 2009
    Just an update.

The low rev bass resonance was killing me so I had Michael and Alex at Ferrari Service of Costa Mesa installed my stock tips back on. It works perfectly with Timate Titanium exhaust. It eliminated the cabin drone completely. A happy ending afterall.

The exhaust saved approximately 55lbs over stock, with stock tips back on I still saved ~40lbs and it sounds so good when I step on it. Just wish the stock exhaust tips was nicer looking.