Super Cars Exposed Blows! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Super Cars Exposed Blows!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 308 milano, Dec 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darthnefas

darthnefas Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2007
    Taunton MA
    Full Name:
    Allen...
    This may be digging up an old thread, but here's my pitch. Watch the episode with the GT1 Porsche.

If this car was on Top Gear (and yes, I'm a Top Gear fanboy) you can rest assured that the Paris Hilton wanna-be in the Gallardo would not be interrupting.

Clarkson would give it quite the thrashing while point out both its positives and negatives and he certainly wouldn't settle for 162 mph and he wouldn't be doing it in a race outfit.

Next, it would be visibly exciting. Top Gear is known for making cars that they insult look stellar on film.

Here is SuperCars Exposed covering the Porsche GT1. Should be very exciting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMX6tn9bAME

This is Tiff Needle covering the GT1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXCRCfjL0ME

This is just an example of the cool things you'll see on Top Gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCrmjWw88ZM

You won't see that on SuperCars Exposed!

2. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004

Thats b/c they don't sit there and play music and make it all dramatic they just cut right to the chase. :D.

3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I find it interesting people are comparing SPEED channel to MTV. Seeing as MTV puts out not some of, but actually the worst, most disgusting and unintelligent drivel to come out for television ever- it’s safe to say that SPEED really truly has gone downhill. And I agree. At the moment, I can’t think of any remotely decent show on SPEED, except the Baja 1000 and that’s on once a year.

4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    i can't stand tanner foust or however you spell his name. i can't take him seriously... maybe its his hollow voice and commentary. I feel like he is announcing or reporting the whole time... where as top gear is kind of a narrative. I dunno food for thought

5. TexFerrari

TexFerrari Formula 3

Sep 11, 2004
    Texas of course!
    They have a new co-host this season, a female brit, a former 5th gear host, so they are trying :)

6. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    I can't stand SpeedTV... when it was Speedvision it was incredible, a true gearhead's heaven of a TV channel. Now I refuse to watch it. I download BBC and Eurosport coverage of motorsport. I don't get to watch the races live anymore, but that is a small price to pay to get vastly improved coverage.

7. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    People seriously need to quit comparing this show to Top Gear or even suggesting that its more like Top Gear.

If you want Top Gear then go watch it.

I think all Supercars exposed needs is a real Supercar enthusist. Someone like VRAlexander or Jay Leno, Titus, Jesse James should host that show, Tanner I couldn't agree more he's more of a TV reporter than a host. To me it sounds like he's trying to interview the car than anything, they just need a true supercar owner who's got skills and that show will be rocking.