The Eastern European Thread | Page 48 | FerrariChat

The Eastern European Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by noviyecco, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jaga

Jaga Rookie

Aug 5, 2006
    Europe Highway
    If you go to dealer locater on Ferraris website, Warsaw comes up!

2. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
  3. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
  4. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    It is a DB9. Car hit a tree so hard that it collapsed on the road. Consequently the traffic was difficult.

On a perhaps more lighter note, that's what could have been made in Poland if projects were not cancelled by the all mighty state. Instead we had been running a early 70s small car for 30 years and an outdated 5 door saloon for 20:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIKLEH201Fs

5. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    #1180 menoy, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  6. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Stay away from the Hyatt. The SLR crash was 20 minutes after they left from in front of the Hyatt and this one was right opposite the hotel too.

7. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    #1182 1445111, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    Will keep that in mind :)

BTW, can you guys help me and give me an overview were there are good roads in Poland were I can "open up" a bit with the 599?. Grateful for your assistance on this one...

//Hape

8. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    read the next issue of V12 for an epic 6-pages exploration of great road set near Olsztyn :D there are many great roads in different parts of the country, unfortunately for you most of them are on the south of country :D nevertheless i'll describe some once i have some time (like the road featuring exciting name "the road of one hundred-something corners" :D

9. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz

No, no, no, bad advice ;) Take as many trips up and down Belwederska as you can!

10. Jaga

Jaga Rookie

Aug 5, 2006
    Europe Highway

We need to get FSO back on track.

11. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    Mat - Will do. Thanks for the heads up. When is the next issue coming out?

//Hape

12. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    yeah all looks too easy to be good eh? truth even these projects that were lucky enough to become reality were handling badly and wouldn't make any commercial success anyway

not sure, it'll be printed on wednesday

13. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi guys!
    I was a bit busy lately, but as I had a couple of not-so-busy days... I wrote samotehing about the 458Italia ancestors.

Here's the "article" http://v8blender.pl/2009/11/10/od-dino-do-458-poprzednicy-nowego-ferrari-video/
    I tried to make it right, but there may be some mistakes so forgive me in advance ;)

PoleApart, I think it's you and your car on the 328 video? I hope you won't be angry?
    Your 328 sounds ...just awesome.
    Anyway, I found the video on Youtube and I don't know if it was approved by you, so if you want me to delete that vid from the website, that won't be a problem. (right click -> watch on youtube - and you'll be on YT channel of the guy who put it there)

14. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Hey, cool site, no problem whatsoever with the video - it's me and my son leaving Italian Car Day in old Norblin factory. I have some vids in HD of drive bys that my son took but he has a jittery hand...

Hape - you have some ecellent roads in your part of Poland. Here's a random selection off the top of my head. Have a look on www.targeo.pl

Road no.218 between Chwaszczyno and Wejherowo - the part through the forest is like a mountain road - twisty and well surfaced. 218 from Wejherowo to Krokowa is also good plus you can have a good coffee or lunch in the palace in Krokowa.

Road 20 from Żukowo to Kościerzyna - nicely resurfaced and twisty but quite a lot of traffic. Nice hotel (Bazuny) on 20 after you pass the last roundabout in Kościerzyna on the left with good food and coffee.

Road from Kościerzyna to Wdzydze Kiszewskie - also twisty fun and empty outside of summer.

Just off road 20 there is a turn off for Brodnica Górna which initially is also like a mountain road and then runs along the side of the lake and up with some very nice views. From Brodnica head to Chmielno - another nice side road, running along the lake. Basically Kaszuby have some great driving roads in the square Kartuzy, Sierakowice, Kościerzyna, Żukowo. There are also regular "track day" kind of events on the old military airfield in Borsk which is off the south east corner of Wdzydze lake.

Tricity ringroad and A1 - obviously a no brainer. On an early Sunday morning outside of summer holidays or long weekends that is an easy 300 km/h road

An excellent road is the S22 from Elbląg to the Russian border - brand new surface and totally empty with fencing to stop animals wandering over. Easy 250 km/h road on many stretches...

The road from Elbląg to Frombork along the coast is also nice with a "mountain" type stretch just before Kadyny.

Is your wife/girl friend from the area and knows some of these places or are you both pretty new to Sopot? I was born in Gdynia and know Kaszuby quite well.

15. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
  16. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David

Hape - I don't know any good roads up north, but if you're gonna be in Krakow area, there's a great road from Wieliczka to Nowy Sacz through Limanowa.

17. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Looks like wielka pętla bieszczadzka between Wetlina and Berehy Górne. Some great roads there but 700 km. from Sopot is probably a bit much. I raped them in my Miata, never took the F-car there. If you ever go to Bieszczady, and they are well worth it, there is only one totally awesome place worth staying at: http://lesnydwor.bieszczady.pl/

18. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #1193 PoleApart, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    +1. Only done it in the beemer but great fun.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    Many Many thanks guys!

I am most grateful for your road tips. I have just market them all on a map and will for sure drive them all as soon as the weather permits.

I have a question, the road from Elblag to Frombork - is that the 503 and then onto 504 or?

My wife is from Gdansk but not really into cars and driving so She wouldn't know of any inspiring driving roads beside the Tricity ring road which I have about 50 times already :)

If you have any other suggestions (not to far away) from Sopot please keep them coming.

I will definitely visit Krakow in the Springtime and will for sure take my 599 so any roads in that are worth driving will be of interest.

Again, thanks guys!

//Hape

20. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    Just got word from my F dealer that my new 599 HGTE is ready for delivery on the 19 November. I'll be there hanging on the door on the 19, collect it and drive it back to PL :) :).

Hope the weather will be good...

//Hape

21. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
  22. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
  23. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
  24. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    i confirm that road from limanowa to nowy sącz is great. did it in the middle of the night on audi A4 allroad quattro 3.0 TDI and it was huge amount of fun. the next day i was a passenger as Piotr R. Frankowski drove it to the summit of Jaworzyna Krynicka :D coming back the same road (in another car - mitsu lancer) a truck emerged in front of me on the very beginning of the road. i wanted to overtake it but i couldn't... the driver obviously knew that car very well and hit it hard :D

as to the "ojców road" - from skała to olkusz - aaahh yes :) i did it so many times i think i know it by heart by now, as my girlfriend lives in olkusz and when i visit her 9 out of 10 times i choose the road via kielce just because of the very last stretch :D thankfully i explored many great roads around olkusz, like the one to chrzanów or around one monastery i don't remember the name of right now. either way - come to olkusz, my girlfriend has a very big house so there's place for everybody :D

25. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Oh yes!! The better ones I found don't have too good a surface though :(

Hmm... when are you due in Sopot? I'm visiting tricity last weekend of Nov...