Ferrari 400 Registry | FerrariChat

Ferrari 400 Registry

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by FerrariKingV12, Oct 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    I have posted a few times and have owned a Ferrari 400i for a while. I just built a registry site at www.ferrari400.com to track down the cars. My motto is bringing the value of the 400 back one car at a time. There are a few bugs I still need to work out but if you can register your cars and if you have any good info I could put out on the site it would be appreciated.

2. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I know a guy who has the serial number, picture, and history of every one in the US

3. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    That would be great. Could you get me his phone number or contact information. As a fellow Texan living in California. Thank you

4. oldcoin

oldcoin Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Reno NV
    Full Name:
    Tony Mitchell
    You were just talking to him

5. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    JR,

You sould be able to get a bunch of the cars off of this site. Also, Brett has worked on quite a few recently - ask him for serial numbers.

By the way, www.330gt.com is a pretty good model to use while building your site.

Regards,

Art S.

6. pks41805

pks41805 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2007
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Full Name:
    Paul Sloan
    I would be interested to know how certain cars (i.e mine) found their
    way into the states.

7. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    :D

8. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    Art S, I checked out the 330 site and will use some of the ideas. I am meeting with Viranya who I paid to build the site and will go over some updates. By the end of this week I should have a lot more stuff on it. I am excited to track down all the cars and improve the site. I have noticed there is a good group of 400 owners on Ferrari Chat so any suggestions and information y'all can share would be much appreciated.

Dave if you get a chance lets talk about the list and see what you think about putting it up on the registry.

9. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    It would be nice if I added a button on the registry, "I know this car" and hopefully a prior owner could put some background on an individual car. I would think that prior owners of cars from time to time might google and get the registry and give it a look over.

The site was just launched on Friday so there is a lot of improvement to come this week.

10. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    JR
    I went to the site and I was unable to post any new data. Is there a registration procedure or does everything get sent you the email address which I assume is you?
    Ken

11. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    There was a problem yesterday but I got a hold of the programmer Viranya and it should be fixed. Reopen the website fresh and you should be able to post it. I just had the site put up on Friday and am meeting with Viranya on Monday to make a list of changes.

Please try again and let me know.

12. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    JR
    The only thing I was able to do this morning was register. Everything else on the forum is a struggle. I could not edit my profile or start a new post. You need to have a talk with your web master!
    Ken

13. pks41805

pks41805 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2007
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Full Name:
    Paul Sloan
    Yes, the form changed the color of my car from tan to silver.
    No editing?

14. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    I am going to talk to Viranya about an ability to edit or confirm before listing actually post. As far as posting in the forum it should not be an issue. Go back to the forum and click on the model car you want to put a post up for and either click on an existing subject (there is only 1 for oil, I am about to put another one up) or at the bottom click on New Topic and make your own subject

15. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
  16. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    I am trying to get all of the colors the Ferrari 400 and 365 were produced in and will update this week. I will have Viranya updaten your listing Monday morning

17. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh, you want all the colors? Well considering a 400 could be ordered in any color Ferrari had in on their color pallette the list is a bit long. If you want it I'll post it for you

18. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #18 dstacy, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    You are the man. Thank you

20. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Since the 400s were not officially ever imported to the US, it is key to their value to keep the ones that are here all complete and running and seen at various events. So this way if there's a smashed one, word can spread among the association owners and the parts bought to keep the ones that are out there going. When cars are "orphaned" the values plummet, I know I was in the Iso/Bizzarrini club at its founding and though the values are back (particularly among Bizzarrinis) it was many years in the wilderness because the owners did not drive their cars to events, and keep them running. I can see the day when, say , ten 400s shoiw up at an event that it will be a car that will create "buzz."

21. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Ah yes, having a good registry does wonders for car prices, just look what it did for the 330GT... ;) - they are still among the cheapest '60s Ferraris even though Kerry has set up a fantastic registry with a strong group of owners supporting the model on Tom Yang's site. 2+2's great cars, not a great investment!

Guys, when 70s and 80s stuff gets trendy again, the Testarossas are going to jump, the 288 GTOs and F-40s will go to the moon and the 400s are going to come up a bit but not enough to cover ownership costs incurred in the mean time.

The registry is a great idea as a second support structure (behind this forum) for owners to help each other out and as a social outlet for like minded (similarly insane :D ) individuals. I think if these are the goals, the registry will be a success; if the goal is raising values, you may be disappointed.

Regards,

Art S.

22. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    The goal is not to neccesarily increase values but hopefully the organization and creating a better history and buzz hopefully increased value will of our cars. I to would love to see a group of 400s at a Ferrari show. I plan on putting press releases and prideful information about our cars out on the internet.

Wem can only go up from here. I am excited to put together a complete listing with standards. A lot more is to come in the next few days so I will keep everyone posted.

For fund raising I think I will challenge Richard Porter, the author of Crap Cars, to a boxing match. I want when you research a 400 or 365 there are great things said about our cars because they are great cars. My 400i runs as smooth if not smoother than my 2008 vehicle.

23. alastairhouston

alastairhouston Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2009
    Largs Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Alastair Houston
    Has to be a brilliant idea, best of both worlds as this site is great we can also have a pure register of cars on your site, make it world wide.

There is another site called the 400 register with only a few cars on it those guys would be really pleased if you did it as theres hasnt been much furthered since the chap Britt did a magnificant rebuild of a 400i on that site.
    Regards
    Alastair

24. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    That is the goal. Hopefully in a few months word will spread and we will see more cars registered. More to come.

25. FerrariKingV12

FerrariKingV12 Karting

Nov 21, 2008
    Laguna Beach CA
    Full Name:
    JR
    Does anyone have an idea of the original sticker prices for our cars?