The Eastern European Thread | Page 45 | FerrariChat

The Eastern European Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by noviyecco, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Nevermind me likes a lot then the GTS A :p

2. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
    GT, GTS, GTS Automatico... Who cares? :D I can take any of them :)
    GranTurismo is a great looking car...

3. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    Mlody - Well, good question on the red calipers, I speced it with them and it shows on the order confirmation but upon delivery... no red brake calipers :( I got black ones instead but hey, IMO it doesnt look bad so I am OK with it :)

The GT S is manual (F1-type gbox) only and I can not tell say if its possible to hit the rev limited w/o the gbox changing automatically since I have not tried this.

Yes, the GTS (A) have the regular lights and quad pipes.

There are a lot of differences but I need to go through the catalogue to list all of them but beside the gearbox and the lights the rims are different, the weight distribution is better on the GTS (A) than the GTS etc etc.

hape

4. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Damn... and I was in Gdansk the whole weekend...

5. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    Even in pink that car would still look great. Nonetheless, red calipers are a bit like a drop of tabasco in Bloody Mary - they add a bit more spice to the looks of a car. ;-)

Have you driven it all the way from Switzerland(or wherever you've picked it)? How does it ride? I mean... just thinking of driving a car, especially a car like that, makes me feel happy. So it's no wonder that I'm curious about your thoughts on that car.

-David

6. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    #1106 1445111, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    I agree with you on the red calipers, the dealer offered to change the black ones to red but I dont know if I'll go ahead with that. I like the back ones on this car...

Yes, I drove the car ALL THE WAY :) ... I had mixed feelings initially since I obviously compared with the 599 (not fair, I know...) but the car grow on me during the trip back to Poland, it is simply a great combination of a comfortable high speed autobahn "cruise missile" while with a simple push on the sport button your have a very sporty car for inspiring driving, just begging you to push it harder :) and it got 4 seats!!!

//Hape

7. Ptak

Ptak Rookie

Apr 14, 2007
    Poland/Monaco
    Witam wszystkich ponownie,

Chciałem się spytać czy ma ktoś informacje o jakiś otwartych pozycji lub praktyki w branży luksusowych samochodów? Szukam pozycję w Polsce ale chętnie też za granicą. Po kilku praktykach w Monaco i pół roku prowadzenia swojego interesu niestety sytuacja ekonomiczna mnie zmusza szukać nowego zatrudnienia. Będę wdzięczny za info i dziękuje z góry.

Pozdrawiam serdecznie,

Krzysztof

8. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.

W jakiej roli? Handel? Naprawy? Doradztwo dla kolekcjonerów? Jakie masz doświadczenie, co dokładnie przez te 1,5 roku na własnym robiłeś? Możesz PM'a wysłać jak chcesz.

9. Beco

Beco Rookie

Feb 12, 2009
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I think it's more of an everyday car. Probably a good choice over Porsche and cheaper than 612. And well it looks great :)

10. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    Yup, comparing the GranTurismo to the 599 isn't fair ;) but, anyway, how does it fare in that comparison?
    Are those rear seats real ones?, or are they just like those in the Porsche 911 - I'm 178cm, and I'm about 170cm too tall to fit in there ;)

btw. weather in Poland wasn't anywhere near being "supercar-friendly" lately. Is it snowing in Sopot too?

11. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    The rear seats are real ones and 2 adult persons can sit comfortable in them w/o any problems.

The weather has been very stormy here in Sopot/Gdansk area but luckily no snow. I was planning to go to Warsaw with the GTS last Thursday/Friday but cancelled that after watching the news :). Will try to go on Monday morning. Hopefully it will be better.

//Hape

12. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    It's just wet and windy now. I was in Silesia last 3 days and at times it was snowing very heavily. The roads were black/wet but no ice. It was worse in the mountains.

Let us know if you're in Warsaw - would be great to check out the Maser, have a coffee, etc.

13. Jaga

Jaga Rookie

Aug 5, 2006
    Europe Highway
    I been depressed about Poland making the WC in 2010 lol.

14. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    Forecast says that it's gonna be warmer.... still cold though.

It stopped snowing here today (I'm in Sosnowiec). Roads were slippery only for the first few hours when it began snowing.
    Winter is nice (driving Mitsu Evo in the snow is so much fun) but not in October, for crying out loud!

15. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    Let us know if you're in Warsaw - would be great to check out the Maser, have a coffee, etc.[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys!, hope you are all having a great weekend. i will be in Warsaw i Tuesday. Having a couple of meetings in the morning but free from lunchtime and the rest of the day. Let me know if you have time and we'll get together for coffe etc.

//Hape

16. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.

Hi Guys!, hope you are all having a great weekend. i will be in Warsaw i Tuesday. Having a couple of meetings in the morning but free from lunchtime and the rest of the day. Let me know if you have time and we'll get together for coffe etc.

//Hape[/QUOTE]

Hi Hape

I can do no later than 2.30 p.m. I'm right in the centre near to the railway station and Złote Tarasy. If you and anybody else wants to do lunch I'll be happy to oblige. There's a good new sushi place on corner of Emilii Plater and Świętokrzyska or if you want something else I'll be happy to accomodate.

17. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    i'm in, if you don't have anything against it :)

18. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Sure, no problem, let's see what suits Hape.

19. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    PoleApart /MAT - lets meet at 12:30 for lunch. (but not Sushi, pleeaaasee), I am not that familiar with Warsaw so just give me an address and I will run it in the Navigation and be there on time.

See you guys!

//Hape

20. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    #1120 PoleApart, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    OK 12.30 it is. How about Spanish: http://www.zlotetarasy.pl/en/najemca/Tapa_y_Toro

It's a tapas bar / restaurant on the bottom floor of the Złote Tarasy shopping mall which is right next to the Central railway station. You've got secure underground parking that you can enter from Emilii Plater or Złota right opposite the Holiday Inn hotel.

Mat - any chance you would be in the X1? I'm considering this as a daily driver as I have to replace the 5 series soon and I'm thinking of something compact and fun. X3 looks and drives crap but from what I've seen of the X1 it's quite nice. If it handles like a 3 series it might be interesting.

Hape - the fog is lifting here and bright sun and blue skies are showing. Looks like it should be great weather for a drive down from Sopot. The navi address would be Złota 59

21. 1445111

1445111 Karting

Jan 10, 2008
    Switzerland /Poland
    Full Name:
    Hape
    Spanish is good... I will be there at 12:30

//Hape

22. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    Przemek - i'm not driving it any more. but there's a chance i can get it for you for one day, you want it?

as this is an italian-related forums, i feel obliged to mention i know a place where undoubtly the best pizza in warsaw is made. a small pizzerria is led by my fellow Italian on grójecka street, not far away from zlote tarasy. i don't want to change your plans guys, just tell me what you think :)

23. Bartek

Bartek Karting

May 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Bartek Lichocki
    The best pizza in Warsaw is in Il Caminetto ;)

24. Mlody

Mlody Karting

Oct 5, 2009
    Poland
    Full Name:
    David
    Ohh.... that's just one of these few days when I wish I'd live in Warsaw ;)
    Anyway, If anyone would be in Katowice region and would fancy a coffee... let me know :)

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/19/video-things-to-do-in-your-ferrari-f430-challenge-racer-when-yo/ :D:D
    As far as I know, F1 tranny in 599 (in "race") and 612 ("sport") just hits the rev limiter and won't change the gear itself. Anyone knows if F1 in F430 does the same? I'm just being curious.

btw.
    Forbes Lifestyle/moto column is great... I've just read there, that Aston Martin Rapide is going to have top speed of 480km/h (sic!). I wonder which journalist is distracted so much, that he mixed up the KM (Kon Mechaniczny -> horsepower) with km... :rolleyes:
    (Forbes 10/2009 page 190)

Have a great day!
    And, have a great drive! (especialy you, Hape - considering your trip)

25. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    Mlody - I spend at least 2-3 days a week in Katowice. I even rent a flat there.

Mat - let's stick to the tapas place today, Hape might not even be logging on. On the X1 - let's talk today :)