Should I buy another California? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Should I buy another California?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by jgetz, Sep 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #26 isuk, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think you'll find that the yellow car at the launch had shields ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I think you should order another one and title it in my name and then send it to me.

3. scuba_kristen

scuba_kristen Karting

Aug 4, 2009
    Cayman Is./Singapore
    Full Name:
    Kristen
    Definitely feel the same way about the Scuderia shields. While they do look nice on some models, I think they can just clutter up the entire front fenders. I think when I put my order for the 458 in, it will be sans shields. I just don't like the way how they crowd up the fender. Just my personal impression.

I remember seeing pics of your Cali (OP), and it does look phenominal without the shields.

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    It is encouraging that you liked the car so much you would do it again. I agree with the others that there will be a hold cost just like on my cars. All my last cars have shields. I like the look too. The prices on the cs's really came down and look attractive.

5. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I wouldn't buy another one. I think you were fortunate to get all your money back on the first one. Of course if you love the car and depreciation is not a problem then buy another one. I can tell you that interest and demand in the car is slowing. Although dealers are selling all their allocation, I know some dealers have to call two or three customers on the wait list to get the car sold.

6. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    From my understanding this applies to ALL F-Cars, not just the California.

7. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I pretty sure this only applies to the California. Dealers are not getting any allocations on the 612 & 599. These cars are being built as special orders only. I could be wrong.

8. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    When I was finalizing the options on my California in March there was a brand new 430 sitting in the showroom looking for a buyer. Until the economy turns around I think all exotics will feel the pain. If things don't improve by next year even the 458 may be impacted.

9. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    That's an extreme measure to take, to sell a car just because of missing shields. You could have had them replace the fenders with factory-shielded ones, yes? I think that was discussed in the original thread which I do recall quite well, your dilemma.

Yet, it's your personal decision. It's your car, your money, your sense of style. If you now really want the 458, and are asking should you just wait for it instead, then I would just hold out (that is if you're not in a position to have both the Cali and the 458).

However the 458 I'd imagine is another planet apart from the California, two entirely different animals. You must have deep down not really wanted a GT car?