Save the Date: 10/23-25, FCA Colors of the Parkway Mountain Getaway! | FerrariChat

Save the Date: 10/23-25, FCA Colors of the Parkway Mountain Getaway!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by marcmc8867, Aug 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marcmc8867

marcmc8867 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    #1 marcmc8867, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As those of you who were at the Beaufort event this past weekend are already well aware, the NC chapter of FCA will be hosting an all new event in the NC Mountains!
    We'll travel to the upscale town of Blowing Rock for the weekend of October 23-25...which will play host to one of the most spouse-friendly FCA events you can possibly imagine...

This will be a great opportunity to be in the most beautiful part of the state to see the incredible foliage on natural display...all from your Ferraris! We'll be staying at the wonderful Chetola Resort and have a great weekend planned for you including a scenic rally that'll mix vistas with apexes, a party at one of the most exclusive homes in the NC mountains, a concours event, fine dining at every turn, and all around great company. You won't want to miss it!

Details are being ironed out as we speak but expect to have detailed info around 8/22--so mark your calendars!

Email us at [email protected] with questions.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. chrmer3

chrmer3 Formula 3

May 19, 2006
    USSA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hi Marc,

Thanks for great hospitality to us "southerners" at the Beaufort event-

Phyllis & I will be attending we have booked already at the Chetola resort. Looking forward to a great blue ridge weekend!

Chris

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

4. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey, no problem. We're glad you could make it to Beaufort.

We're going to try our best to outdo ourselves in October! I know a lot of your fellow SC people are going to other events other weekends around that time but encourage some of them to join us in the mountain :)

5. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Wow, I just posted this a few hours ago and already have positive indication from 13 couples/26 people/12 Fcars! Hope we get a big turnout like the one in Beaufort!

6. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I'll probably attend the concours. If you need some great roadway ideas let me know. Since I live in Boone I have found a couple nice runs that are fun.

7. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Made reservations last night at the Lodge for my wife and myself- looks great - also, only 2 hrs from my house - I know it is a long way for you east coasters

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Just made my reservations too. All set in the Lodge. :)

9. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey, sounds good. I've already put together a route with the help of another guy up there but I'll run it by you for input closer to the event.

Thanks!
    Marc

10. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey John, sounds great! Glad you'll be joining us.

It actually won't be too bad for most of our people in the Triangle/Triad/CLT. We chose Blowing Rock because it is so much closer to the rest of the state than Asheville, Highlands, etc. We thought we'd get better attendance this way...

It is less than 3 hours from Raleigh, 2 from Greensboro, 1:30 from Charlotte, 1:30 from Asheville, etc. so it won't be bad for most of our people. Will also be within range for upstate SC people, Eastern TN people, NW Georgia people, VA people.

It'll be closer than the Beach Trip for a lot of people and look at how many people came to that!

11. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Marc -

If you want to have a lunch stop in Winston-Salem, I can arrange that for folks coming through I-40.

12. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Sounds good. Will be in touch to arrange.

13. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    My gosh, we've already got 40 people/17 Ferraris saying they plan to come. Over half of room block is taken already....rooms are pretty coveted that time of year (especially at Chetola) so we'll have to make early commitments. I'll try to increase room block when it fills but I encourage everyone to go ahead and reserve! Call 800-243-8652.

Can't wait!

14. f355red

f355red Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2005
    K-town NC
    Full Name:
    todd tanner
    done! cant wait to unveil the new baby

15. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    When does she "get delivered"?

I'll be unveiling a real baby at Blowing Rock.

16. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Yep, looking forward to this. I'll be up there within walking distance of Bistro Roca and looking forward to seeing everyone! Can't wait to put some miles on the t Coupe.

17. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Hey guys, I just talked to Chetola. Our block of lodge rooms was all taken so I added a few rooms to the room block. Also added a few more condos since all the 2 bed rooms condos were taken and only a few 1 BR left.

If you think you'll be coming, I urge you to call and reserve while it is still early enough to add to our room block :)

18. FLY YELLOW

FLY YELLOW Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2008
    Boca Raton,FL
    Full Name:
    John Vag....
    Not 100% sure I can make it, but I took your advise and booked a two bedroom condo. I'll justify the trip by visiting family in Mooresville, on Lake Norman, the night before. It'll be so much fun driving the 246 on those twisty/hilly roads again!!! Last time was the Ferrari Cup Challenge in '07.

19. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Sounds great, John!

Will you be trailering the Dino up or driving it?

20. FLY YELLOW

FLY YELLOW Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2008
    Boca Raton,FL
    Full Name:
    John Vag....
    Trailering....I do drive it often, but 800+ miles...way too much!!!

21. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    FYI. Theres an ASU game on that saturday so traffic in Blowing Rock and Boone will be a mess.

22. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Thanks for the heads up! What time is the game? We can work around it.

23. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Its at 3pm so that means it will be a mess in Boone from the morning on due to tailgating.

24. marcmc8867

Jul 27, 2004
    NC
    Full Name:
    Marc M.
    Fortunately our rally goes the opposite direction of Boone before going north to Banner Elk, all from 10a-noon. We will however be going from BE to BR around 2p so we'll go the twisty shortcut route that skips Boone.

Thanks for info.

25. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    You can either take the parkway, 221, or Shulls Mill road. Parkway is easiest but speed limit is 35.