Exotic Car Storage in New Orleans Area? | FerrariChat

Exotic Car Storage in New Orleans Area?

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by quiksilver55, May 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Hey guys and gals,

I'm an avid F-Chat member moving to New Orleans from Southern California an am in town house-hunting right now. I'll be in town for 4 years starting this summer and am not sure my fiance and I are going to buy. With that in mind, I'm having difficulty finding a home with enough garage space for our 3 cars, so I'm researching other options. Not many 3-car garages here. Anybody keep their car stored (climate control)? We're looking at homes in Old Metairie, Lakeside and Lake Vista. Unfortunately, I'll be working in Belle Chase and my fiance will be working in Covington, so we're trying to find something in-between.

Drop me a line if you're in the New Orleans area. I'll miss my many F-Chat friends in L.A., but am looking forward to making new ones in LA.

Any advice is welcome.

-Jorge

2. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I've got a 4.5 car garage and my wife has always loved the NSX! ;)

:D:D

3. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Where do you live? I can hardly find a house with a 2 car garage, let alone 4.5!

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    That was my problem. SO I built my own house. ;) I live on the westbank of the mississippi, in Gretna, in a subdivision called Timberlane Estates. One drawback to 4.5 is I only have 3 in it plus a bike. My poor truck still sleeps outside due to the overload of crap in the garage. ;) More than a 2 car will be difficult at best in Lakeview/Old Metairie. 3+ are out there but they are the exception, not the norm I'm afraid. There are a few houses for sale in my neighborhood with 2+. You'd be super close to Belle Chase (JRB/NAS New Orleans?), but a little farther to Covington. Feel free to PM me if you need any help/ideas,etc.

Dave

5. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I had the same problem with finding more than a 2 car garage so I built a house with a 3+ garage although it still isn't large enough. You would probably find more 3 car garages on the Northshore (Mandeville, Covington, etc.).

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ain't that the truth!! :D I could have gone another 200-300 sf and I'd probably still think it could have been bigger! ;)

7. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    We were visiting friends on the north shore last night and yeah, there's definitely greater bang for your buck up there. Lots of new construction, too. Unfortunately, the north shore's not going to be an option for us. Still concentrating on Old Metairie and Lake Vista areas.

8. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

My parents have a 3-car garage (which is full of junk mostly) in uptown New Orleans, but they built the garage when they bought the house. I'm sure you could find somewhere to store your cars though, but I'm not sure where.

9. PittsS2APilot

PittsS2APilot Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey Dave, You can store your NSX at my house in Gulfport MS (about 45min from N.O.). Just leave the keys and I'll make sure to start it up every week (grin). Good luck on the house. YOu best bet would be to talk to some of the CG folks in the N.O. area about storage. Joe

10. ea500guy

ea500guy Rookie

Mar 14, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Full Name:
    EP Pierce
    #10 ea500guy, May 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Very nice...both your facility and your offer.

12. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Very nice offer indeed. I may take you up on it if all else fails. For now, keep your fingers crossed for us. If we can find a 2 car garage, I'll be happy enough.

I look forward to meeting many of you guys soon. Where do you go driving around here? I know there's not much for canyon roads, but I would hope there's a place to use the cars the way they're meant to be used. (again, southern california has spoiled me rotten)

-Jorge

13. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Well guys, after an exhaustive search, we decided on a place in Metairie and will be moving in July. Luckily, the place has a 2 car garage, which will have to do, but it's better than many alternatives we looked at.

I look forward to meeting you guys soon. I'll need some car enthusiasts to hang out with so I don't go into complete withdrawl from the SoCal car scene.

Cheers!

-Jorge

14. Old World Motorcars

Jun 15, 2009
    We have a sister company that does exotic car storage in the Atlanta area. Don't know if this would interest you at all. You can check it out at www.europeanautovault.com

All the best,

Michael
    Old World Motorcars, Ltd.
    www.owmga.com
    770-938-0908

15. 7speeds4me

7speeds4me Rookie

Mar 3, 2008
    Quick, what brings you to Louisiana? I made the Trip from Cali a few years back.... Shall I say TURN AROUND! As much as Louisiana has its charm for those of us not born here, its really just BLAH! Living on the Northshore relieves a little of that!

Best of luck and we all should def get together!

16. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Work brings me here. I'll be flying the friendly (and sometimes not so friendly) skies in the New Orleans area in a big orange Coast Guard helicopter. Saving people from themselves, mostly.

I'll be here for 4 years, so let's make them interesting.

On a side note, where does everyone go for car washes around here? I went to a place the other day that did hand washes for my daily driver, and they charged way too much (compared to Los Angeles). I think they saw the BMW badge and knocked up the price. I'm not likely to take my NSX there.

If there's no good places, I'll just do it myself, but it's always nice to have somebody else go through the hassle.

So.... i don't go into work until monday, who wants to meet up? I'm in the Bucktown area in Metairie.

17. NOLA911

NOLA911 Karting

Jun 9, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Bucktown eh? Where you staying out there? That was my stomping ground when I was a kid. I dont know of anywhere on the southshore that does a decent job washing cars for a decent price.

We are trying to get a meet up together in mandeville early august if you still have the itch to scratch.

18. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    I'm just down the street from Deanie's, R&O's, Live Bait and the rest of the restaurants in Bucktown. New construction place, so it's comfy and big (for what I'll need).

I washed the car yesterday, so if the weather holds, I'm going for a drive.

19. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG
    Quick,

Welcome to the neighborhood! I just bought a place in the Marina...my new neighbor has a GORGEOUS white/black NSX...

I had the same problem you did when I bought a place, maybe we can meet up and btch about it over a beer sometime. I have been trying to get a few guys together and rent a storage facility for some time now without much luck. Unfortunately my toys are parked at my friend's warehouse in central Louisiana because I don't have enough space for them at the new place...

Anyhow, WELCOME! :)

20. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Quick and Cajun

I am currently living on Robert E. Lee, so I too am right there!

21. Clayton Kresge

Feb 10, 2004
    Guys,

I own some property in Metairie just off the Causeway by the Lakeway towers. It was a warehouse building that was damaged during Katrina. I had planned on redeveloping it into an office building with some additional space for cars but since the real estate market has gone south I have temporarily shelved those plans. I had always considered creating a storage facility to be used for just this purpose but I never did much research to determine whether or not the market would support it. The building itself is approximately 11,000 square feet, so it can accommodate quite a few cars. Additionally, I sold the building right next door to a good friend who has a service and paint shop. He has been a friend for years and has quite a bit of experience with exotics and classics (mostly through me). Having him right next door would be a nice plus. The building needs to be renovated and repaired, as it was extensively damaged during Katrina but that also presents the opportunity to develop it with amenities specifically suited for car storage with car lifts and tools and maybe a lounge. Anyway, if anyone has any interest in this, please reply with your thoughts and suggestions and we may be able to put something together.

22. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Clayton

Glad you found this site! I'd like to be the first to welcome you and to ask that you please fill out your user profile. If you have any questions about the site feel free to message me since I am the Louisiana section moderator as well as a moderator in the subscribed forums.

Enjoy :)

23. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Sounds like there's quite a few of us within shouting distance from one another. How many of you are planning to go to the meet on Sunday?

For those that are, how about we meet up beforehand at Chateau Cafe in the shopping center on Robert E. Lee and Lakeshore Dr.? We can caravan from there if you're interested.

Any takers?

24. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Might have a Sunday brunch that I can't miss but don't have confirmation as of yet!

25. quiksilver55

quiksilver55 Karting

Sep 17, 2006
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Reviving an old thread here, sorry for that, but wanted to see if there was still some group interest in storage. I have an opportunity for a few new toys (boat, maybe another car too) and am once again on the hunt for more (secure) space to park.

So, Clayton, do you still have the building? Cajun, are you still living at the marina and looking to link up with others to rent a place?