The "I can't wait till I can afford a 458" thread | FerrariChat

The "I can't wait till I can afford a 458" thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 355dreamer, Jul 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Seriously though. This is the most beautiful Ferrari since the 355. I would love to have one. I hope they make a ton of them so that the value of these things will drop like rocks and I can buy one in 2 years for 150k.

Let the speculation begin... We all debate what a CS, Strad, LP-560 etc. will be worth this winter, next year and beyond.

Who wants to take a stab at 458 values in a few years?

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I'm aiming at 2021. Figure if they start at 250-280, they'll be around 80-100 then when the 478 is nearing the end of it's life and we're all looking at the "500/508 Speculation and Spy Photo Megathread"

3. XP1LM

XP1LM Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Truong
    I am so in!

I absolutely love this car. I never had this feeling after just seeing Ferrari's rendering of their new car. I just cant wait to see it in real life.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Demand for this car will be high. That should be obvious from the comments and also that it's the first clean sheet design in maybe 10 years.

The only thing that could slow it will be a lousy economy or greatly increased taxation on those who can afford to buy one. I also expect that many will pay over MSRP for at least a year, making resale values higher.

Combine the two and it's unlikely to drop much in the first 2 or 3 years of production.

Of course, you're looking at the future so anything in the world could effect that from a broken economy to fuel prices to government intervention in the car market (such as what happened to the yacht market when a luxury tax was added).

I only hope that the dealers weed out the speculators and stick with their loyal customers for a while. It's so sad to see these machines sold on ebay after a year with only deliver miles still on the clock. There otta be a law!

5. vaqas0

vaqas0 Karting

Jan 4, 2009
    not sure about the 458 but u could afford a california one in 1 year :p lol

6. Easyrider7467

Easyrider7467 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2005
    Northen N.J.
    Full Name:
    John
    The 458 IS certainly a Georgeous Ferrari. Since the 355? Not for me.

Since the 328 (especially), the Testarossa, the Dino.

Oh yes, Very Sexyyy. Great Lines, Beautiful Curves... Just like a Women lying on her side - Beautiful !!

7. Fastpants

Fastpants Karting

Jan 24, 2006
    South Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    On July 28th, Ferrari released theses first official photos of the 458 Italia. I was (and still am) simply in AWE. It's difficult to describe. I just feel so compelled that I MUST to something to start events into motion that will end with me purchasing a 458.

It's downright strange how damn vividly I could picture myself winding down after a day of tearing through the twisties and then sitting in my garage, releaxing in an easy chair and reading through all the manuals as that beautiful machine ticks, cooling itself down in the background.

Therefore, I spent all of July 29th (yesterday) preparing a formal business plan / expansion proposal for my boss to open a new R&D division of the company for me to head. Well actually, it's more of a matter of opening a brand new company within an existing one. Presented as autonomous, but with a hidden tether anchoring us to the parent company kind of thing. And I must say I made one hell of a convincing case for it. We'll see at my formal presentation tomorrow afternoon!

But I won't stop there, I am also investigating several other ancillary opportunities that I plan on pursuing. Some with close friends, others with my brothers and Father. Failure is simply not an option. I can TASTE the day those keys are placed in my hands. I'm not F-ing around here.

To the other fine folks in the "I can't wait til I can afford" contingent, keep chasing the dream. I'm right there with ya. Not just for the perks of things likes 458 ownership, but for the future security and peace of mind for your family. If the dream slips away from you for whatever reason, be resilient and chase it harder! Just NEVER give up and lose sight!

Got that sounds corny. It sounds like a infomercial for a seminar or a set of audio tapes! It should be followed by "Here's how to order!" Sorry, but the day I take myself TOO seriously will be the day that my spirit dies! That said, best of luck to all those go-getters like me who saw the 458 and didn't think "there's another gorgeous Ferrari I'll only dream about", but instead decided "It's time to get my ass in gear!"

Cheers to all,
    Nick

8. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    I like your fire!...:D

9. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    i actually figured out this will be my 1st FERRARI...cant wait,,im speechless.

10. ferrarilover86

ferrarilover86 Karting

Aug 21, 2008
    CHICAGO, IL
    Shoot I can't wait till it comes out so Scuderia prices drop to within reason. I'm still in love with the Scuderia the 458 can wait.

11. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    If they make a 'lightweight' 458 version ala CS/Scud .......... I would not have any problem selling a few extra toys to get one ............. though I would wait until the 'lightweight' model came down in value ...... :eek:

12. ferrariluk

ferrariluk Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2006
    458 Italia will be my 1st Ferrari!

Thanks GOD I didn't buy the Scuderia.

13. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    ...... fantastic :)!!! .......... I would agree you dodged a 'scud missle/bullet' ......... ;)

14. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Hopefully we go into a full economic depression so the values fall if not then I'm shooting for mine at around 2030 or so.

15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I've postponed my 430 purchase to allow for 1) fall to begin, 2) hype of the Italia in September to initiate more 430 sell off. I'm likely to wait for a Spider at what would have been coupe-only prices.
    The Italia is far better looking than the 430 IMO, but having not even owned the 360, I have to start somewhere!
    430 Spider at $140k with all the goodies and low miles...it's coming, and I'm happy!

16. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    I am trying to set up a time frame with my investing and trying to figure out other ways to save up for one. I am calling the sperm banks tomorrow and see how much they will give per donation. ;) LOL

17. PsyFi

PsyFi Rookie

Jul 12, 2008
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The 430 is just so damn ugly compared to the 458. I'm glad I waited

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I bought an F430 and I drive it all the time NOW and enjoying every minute.

That "damn ugly" car is certainly not to me. And, while you're waiting, I'll be driving the best damn sports car currently made in world.

If you like to wait, you'll have plenty of time. Personally, I don't see the point. My view is enjoy life today while looking forward to having a richer tomorrow.

19. LeonG360

LeonG360 Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2007
    Calabasas
    You are forgetting that 458 spider US deliveries are 2+ years away in limited numbers at first. Wouldn't this actually keep up the prices of 430 spiders as buyer's only options are a used 430 or a California???

Buy and enjoy a car today, don't try and guess to see what happens...