How would you make FerrariChat.com better? | Page 25 | FerrariChat

How would you make FerrariChat.com better?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I understand, one reason I sort all my posts newest to oldest, but I can't seem to convince anyone else of those benefits. :)

2. bill brooks

bill brooks F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2007
    waynesburg,pa
    Full Name:
    bill brooks
    leave me alone

3. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott

In my near-six years of membership, this is still a peeve with me.

Edit and repost of an old one of mine.

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Bring back phil aka ferrarifixer he was funny and thought differently than the run of the mill.

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Another episode of As The Wrench Turns... eh, no.

6. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I would give everyone who subscribes a free F430.

7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    A free California might be more realistic. HA HA

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Would like to see all new threads and posts in bold black when I sign in and kept that way until I click that specific thread. It seems if I go to the 355 section and there are 7 new threads, after I click one, they all turn lighter black and not bold any longer. Then I can't remember which ones I already visited and ones I haven't...

9. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    I haven't gone through all the posts in this thread so sorry if this has been said already, but I would LOVE a mobile version for all us crackberry heads.

10. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    This might raise problems, but how about threads that can span multiple forums? A thread that starts in one forum could be merged with another instead of moved.

11. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    While we are at it, how about a search that will take you to the actual item you searched for, instead of the thread. Aways a drag when it sends you to a spotter thread with 140+ pages to look through....

12. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    Ignore that last comment. Just figured out you can do that with advanced searches.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes, even just the drop down Search allows you to Show Posts.

14. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    From my recent experience, I think it would be nice if the "Paid Subscription Expiry Notice" would give some indication of WHEN your subscription actually expires. I let it go too long, then my computer gave me trouble with renewing by credit card, so I made the mistake of using the Paypal option. That was last Thursday night, and the order STILL hasn't been processed here on Tuesday, so I'm not re-subscribed yet, and it might take until Friday, according to Paypal. Slow, slow, slow!

15. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    A quick followup. I did my Silver renewal via Paypal last Thursday, and I just got confirmation that it has finally been processed, here on Wednesday. It took six days! Folks, do NOT use Paypal to renew your subscriptions.

16. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    Automatically delete the registration of anyone who asks the questions "Which motor oil is best?" or "I am buying a Ferrari, can you tell me something about them?"...better yet, just auto redirect them to the Ferrari owners site and they will die of old age waiting for the page to load!

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    This is not our problem or necessarily Paypal. 90% of Paypal subscriptions get activated immediately. We only activate when Paypal clears your payment. If you don't have a current balance with Paypal or your account isn't tied into another account, then they will delay the clear for a week or so.

You can always check what's left on your subscription under User CP - Paid Subscriptions.

18. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    On the parts interchange/cross reference areas.... Could there be something like an Excel spreadsheet that members could list a part and it would be sorted albabetically by part and the the next column over would be the F part# and then the next column over the crossover part# and the next the source and finally the member who posted the info for contact....make any sense.

The cross reference threads are usefull, but when you need something you have to do a search or wade through the entire thread to maybe find what you need. If there was a 1 or 2 page chart of some sort that members could contribute too and others could pull up easily would be ultra useful. I've got no idea how that would be done but thats for the smart computer guys.

Thanks.

19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Dear Rob.

Can we please have a Video Games section. Currently the video games threads are all over the joint. Some of them are found in "collectables" others in "other racing" and others in "tech toys"
    Esp since when we aren't driving Ferraris we should be pretending to be driving Ferraris!!! :eek: :D

Even Ferrari has posted video dedicated to 458 being introduced to forza3/gt :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdufEmwlpf8

Plus we could talk about other games and things like game steering wheels etc. Just a generic Video Games section so it doesn't matter which format you hale from as long as you enjoy games :D

Cheers
    GAMECORE :D

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm just thinking, if we have a subforum for Video Games how many other subforums will we require? Where does it stop? We already have over 60 forums.

21. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jeff, that is odd. Mine took about 5 minutes to activate.

22. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #622 jsa330, Nov 10, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    Re: Fast-appearing edited message, my oft-stated opinion holds true as of today, November 10, 2009.

Re: Paypal. I renewed w/paypal last week. Quick & easy, but realize that some have probs with it.

Re: Video game forum. I know, there are lots of forums, but one devoted to video games would be popular, I suspect. Is there another particularly-stagnant forum that could get the axe to make room for it?

Keep the VG subforums to two: Console games and PC/Mac games, period. Let discussions and threads regarding particular games evolve from those.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If you have a balance in your Paypal account, then it will be automatic. If you have no balance and funding comes through credit card, then often Paypal will take 5-7 days to clear. FerrariChat subscription doesn't active until Paypal systematically tells us payment is cleared. I would say 75% of Paypal subscriptions are funded immediately and your subscription will be activated within a couple minutes.

24. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    View counters on your profile page.

25. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Why do we need to stop? :eek: 71,000 members! :D

Video games have always been a big part of the internet. The average PC gamer is 30, the average Console gamer is mid 20's. A lot of your users would play games, even if they don't play PC/Console, they might be playing on the iphone or other devices. The industry is huge.

Plus as I said there is plenty of Ferrari content that is covered in gaming and users on this board that might not really play games might actually enjoy seeing pics or video when the 458 Italia gets released on Forza3 in a few weeks time. The game has it's own configurator ;) This is already happening in the Forza 3 thread where we get requests for pics :)

We have plenty of gaming threads on the board, they are just all over the place I'm hoping you can start a new section which I know would get lots of traffic.

For now I'd rather just see one section dedicated to General Video Games then if the section gets big, request for sub-sections.

As a hardcore PC gamer and also a recently converted console gamer I'm happy to see all the threads in one section.

Video games are video games.

Maybe have a sticky in the section that requests users put which system they are referring to in the Thread title. Like [PC], [360]. [PS3], [iphone] [Wii] etc.

Ohh and a mod that is a gamer :eek: I even put my hand up to look after that section if there aren't any!

Having a look at the "The Ferrari Lifestyle" section Tech Toy's is the most popular section there, Video Gaming would easily come 2nd :eek:

Anyway back to MW2!! This game is intense! :D