3x8 Drive Brunch Pics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

3x8 Drive Brunch Pics

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by miketuason, Apr 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That it is! :)

2. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    All of a sudden I've got lots of time on my hands. :(

Count me in on the next one. :)

3. chairpilot

chairpilot Formula 3

Mar 3, 2007
    LA, CA & Olympia, WA
    Full Name:
    PlateClipGuys
    is anybody around WLA-VCR going out tomorrow morning?

4. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    I remember those days in So Cal also (live in the NW now). It makes you wonder where did they all go? Awesome to see a bunch of you getting together. Very cool stuff. The GTC/4 is still one of my favorite 3x8 ;). LOL

5. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Dudes.....

We need a run, I'm @ VCR this Sunday morning along with Impactco. Breakfast there at least !!

Moving into summer heat, Maybe a Jim Hill go kart day ?? Beach area brunch ?? "other" post meet activities ;-)

6. chairpilot

chairpilot Formula 3

Mar 3, 2007
    LA, CA & Olympia, WA
    Full Name:
    PlateClipGuys
    I've been nursing a sinus infection but I will try to meet up with you and Mike tomorrow if I feel better. What time frame are you doing this? Early is best for me (7:00-9:00).

7. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    I'm gonna try and get my old skinny a$$ up early and be there by 7ish. 710fwy is jacked up this weekend with construction, so its 405 for me, call me AM and maybe we can hook up in Santa Monica ? Off to date night ;-).

Anyone else ?

8. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Bump for the Classic boys.....

VCR was fun, Leno is a gearhead first and foremost I think, nice guy.

When do we run boys ?

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are we doing anything this summer?

10. SoCal308GTSiQV

SoCal308GTSiQV Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sounds and looks great Chris, unfortunately I can't make it.
    But have fun and take lots of pics.

12. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You got it man! We'll have to do a drive before summer is over!

13. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Sweet pics, when's the next one of these? This would be a great event for my dad to get his 85 308qv going again... I'll be checking back for the next one!

14. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hey David, a few of us will be at this car show this weekend: http://www.venturamotorsportsgathering.com/home.html

We'll hopefully do a few drives before the summer is up.

15. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    BUMP for GruppeTreZeroOtto

One last summer drive ? Gotta be somwhere cool.

16. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #41 SoCal308GTSiQV, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If anyone is up for a LONG run (one or two days) we can leave Ventura up HWY 33 North to Lockwood Valley East, to Cuddy Valley Road West, to Mil Potrero HWY through Pine Mountain Club, to Cerro Noroeste West, to HWY 166 West, to HWY 101 South back through Solvang / Santa Barbara to Ventura.

If you have Google Earth you can look this drive up. There are very few straights!

Camarillo to Pine Mountain Club is 109 miles one way.
    Pine Mountain Club to Solvang (via HWY 166 & 101) 132 miles.
    Solvang to Camarillo is 90 miles.

It could be a 1 day drive, but it's a total of 331 miles round trip. It would be a great 2 day trip, spending the night in Pine Mountain Club.

If anyone is interested in this drive, I can put together a fully detailed description of the drive, get local hotel / cabin rental information in Pine Mountain Club (BTW, that’s where I live). Pine Mountain Club has a small night life with a few bars and restaurants and depending on the weekend might have live music.

This area is for the most part a sports car lovers dream as it is all two lane winding roads, mountain views, large vistas and cooler temperatures. It takes you through the Condor reserve in the Los Padres National Forest and my wife and I have seen Condors many times on this trip. It would mean an elevation climb from sea level to almost 6,000 feet and back down again.

Below are two video’s that show the mountainous roads that we’d be driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Zmh5tmWsw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSKFeDQ5Q0g

If anyone is interested, let me know.

Chris
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Looks like you're just south of Vancouver...

18. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    We're out for any inland drives until the Fall. With a black interior, marginal AC and high oil temps, it's going to be coastal drives for us. We were roasted just coming back from Ventura this past weekend.

19. memiller74

memiller74 Karting

Apr 24, 2007
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'm in for something coastal. Just say the word.

20. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    How about a leisurely drive north up the coast via PCH, brunch on the coast or at the waypoint, and a Jim Hall Kart racing school ? (I have some pull there) Although, I am intrigued by Chris' 2 day backcountry party plan....Hmmmm, I mean living where I do, 150miles is the minimum milage to drive with you guys ;-). Heck I have done a Long Beach to Santa Maria and back circuit solo in a short day!!

21. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    #46 RVIDRCI, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Agreed, no low speed high rev hot canyons for me either.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    www.WreckedExotics.com used to be so entertaining until I bought my car!

I totally agree on the hot weather thing. Sadly, it's coming to the end of the "Good Weather" driving in Southern Cal. My personal goal was to drive up HWY 395 to Bridgeport and on to Lake Tahoe, but I didn't get my sh*t together early enough in the season. Now the Owens Valley is ROASTING!

As for the drive I talked about, not sure what the temps would be leaving Ventura, through the 33. That's a fun run as long as others on the road are responsible and pull over. But sometimes it’s “Mini Van Hell!” But once up here the temps are nice and mild. The run from PMC down the 166 to Santa Maria should be nice as well and we could run all the way to Pismo Beach before heading south.

Another summer in Southern California with our four seasons: Earthquakes, Fires, Riots and Mudslides all nicely baked under 120 degree sun!

23. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know how it is being 100+ miles from the action. I have the same problem. I have gotten used to being two hours away to start, but heading south has allot less traffic then heading north, thats for sure!

24. RVIDRCI

RVIDRCI Formula 3

Dec 1, 2005
    Long Beach / Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Luigi

Lets keep this concept alive, Chris. I mean a 2 day drive, with an interim local bar party, does hold some (wait...MAJOR!) appeal !!!

Time to man up, Bros...... Talvez? (Karen won't come, but I'm all in..)

25. SoCal308GTSiQV

Nov 3, 2008
    Ojai, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    We can do it! Not sure what the temps were down there last night, it was 74 degrees here and 89 during the day!

OK, glad to see there is some interest. Below is some more information. I’ll see about setting up a website with some information on this that we can keep adding too.

As of right now, the next weekend I could really be free for a MONSTER two day drive would be August 22nd or 29th. If you guys have some ideas on weekends that would work for you, post them and we’ll see what can be worked out.

BUT if you were looking for a PARTY, on the weekend of September 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th (Labor Day weekend) it’s Oktoberfest up here in Pine Mountain Club. Yes I know it is September, but it rains in October. It’s a festival of food and beer as you would imagine. Its right in town, no driving needed, you can walk around and drink. It’s allot of fun.

If you guys want to have a great drive and a beer bash that would be the weekend to do it.

There is limited hotel space, actually only 3 hotel rooms in town! It’s a small town, what can I say! BUT you can also rent cabins for around the same price. Here are few places that rent www.jenningsresortrentals.com & www.pinemountainreality.com. There is also a Bed & Breakfast in town. I will get info for that as well.