Germany GP-anyone going? | FerrariChat

Germany GP-anyone going?

Discussion in 'F1' started by MoparMuscle, Jun 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MoparMuscle

MoparMuscle Karting

Mar 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    Anyone attending the german gp this year? I plan on going for the race that sunday and spending a week in germany. Going on a family trip with my brothers and have never been out of th US myself. Seems to be a huge undertaking planning it. Anyone have any pointers?

2. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I won't be attending the GP, but I can surely give you some hints about the rest of your week :) What are your plans so far?

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Have you ever been to a GP? If possible, I'd suggest also going on Friday as well - Way less people and you can wander around places you'll never get to on Sunday. Saturday qualifying is a little between the two [I'd never miss it, but that's just me - The atmosphere during quali is awesome!]

I'd also suggest listening to Florian's suggestions!

Cheers,
    Ian

4. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #4 jknight, Jun 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
    can't help you with the NRing - have been to F1 at Hockenheim - going to the Nurburgring in August for the LMS race

why aren't you going Friday and Saturday also?? practice, qualifying, GP2 racing, weekend tickets are better buy

Caro

5. MoparMuscle

MoparMuscle Karting

Mar 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    Well i'm going with my brothers and i think they could care less about the race so we are just going for the main event on sunday. Plans so far are to arrive in Frankfurt on Saturday (day before race) and to stay there that night. I want to make sure that we just take it easy and adjust to the time zone difference and culture shock haha. Sunday morning we will drive to the race and spend the night probably in kolon (cologne). Im getting a rental car-it will be much cheaper for me than to purchase train tickets. Monday we will go to Phantasialand for some unadulterated theme park fun. Monday night/tues morn we will drive to heidelburg and check out the old town and the castle. Then I want to spend probably two days in stuttgart-check out the porsche museum and just experience the city/culture. We will be leaving that friday so we plan on going back to frankfurt b/c our plane leaves at 11 something AM.

To recap: frankfurt-kolon-heidelburg-stuttgart-frankfurt. Will be spending a week.

6. MoparMuscle

MoparMuscle Karting

Mar 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    Oh and no, never been to an F1 event. This is will be my first trip to one and first trip out of the US!

7. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    Me and a friends are doing almost exactly the same trip as you!
    We are arriving in Frankfurt Hahn on saturday, then rent a car and spend the day in Frankfurt. Then sunday is all race day for us, and then after that we will drive to some places with the rental car for 4-5 days. Good luck on your trip :)

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Try and be at the gates as early as you can because from what i've seen on sundays, people arriving will be in a traffic jam until about noon if you're unlucky -which means you'll miss a lot of racing! I'd try to push your brothers into going on saturday as well and try to go camping (if you like it, I dont:D).

9. MoparMuscle

MoparMuscle Karting

Mar 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    i plan on booking hotels this weekend--anyone else have suggestions? Wondering if staying in Koln sat night and driving to the track will be a problem with race traffic?