PRAISE FOR THE VINTAGE THREADS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

PRAISE FOR THE VINTAGE THREADS

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 410SA, May 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Every one agrees that this Vintage section is most informative. That said, what ever happened with Mr. Massini? He was a huge part of this section, but not for the last few months.

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #27 JazzyO, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
    Hi Gene - the 330 is Blu Sera (yes - another blue one!), with Nero interior. This is not original - the car was delivered white on white (can you imagine????).

I will be the 4th owner only, and it has travelled 20k miles since a rebuild and respray in the early 90ies. The car has really been used and maintained very well - it is in great condition. It has never seen any rust or any other major issues, but, as said, it is not original in the Pebble Beach sense of the word. Instead, what the current owner has done is recreate the perfect 330GTC as it could have left the factory in 1967. Every detail has been perfectly recreated the way it would have looked in this colour combination, and the result is stunning. At the same time, the owner loves driving it hard and so mechanically it is also in perfect nick. The owner has several other classic Ferraris and knows his stuff.

From my first encounter with the car, I was amazed and this impression has only been re-inforced by seeing some other "concours" 330GTCs - the difference was night and day with this car. What looks like a good car at first glance might be a dog - this car never disappoints, no matter how close you look.

I feel very privileged to take over custody of this amazing machine and when I do (next week if all goes well) I will make sure I post some pics and start a thread.

Good point! I hope to meet him in a couple of weeks. If the time is right, I'll ask him.

Onno

3. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    #28 GTE, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
    To me the Vintage section is the pinacle of Ferrarichat. It is amazing how much knowledge some of the members have. Sometimes even first hand! And I am just grateful that I can sit here and learn. You never stop learning about pre-1980 Ferrari's.

Onno> sure I could imagine a white on white GTC, but I don't want to! :eek: :D

4. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #29 geno berns, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Onno-

Blue Sera is one of my favorite colors on a vintage Ferrari. 330's tend to look the best in dark colors IMO. I like them best in black and dark blue, as the large chrome bumpers and the Borranies really stand out. Saw one in yellow, liked it as well. The 330's currently represent incredible value. I never drove one, but others always say it's one of the best balanced grand tourers out there. Here is a Daytona in Blue Sera, next to the latest pics of my Lusso. The owner re-sprayed it in Sera Blue, as he also loves the color. The car was red before.

Geno.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    If I remember correctly he stopped posting right after the 250P restoration photos he took were posted. I think somebody was not happy he posted them.

I hope he comes back to ferrarichat.

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo-Strictly 43rd Revival model/photo contest 2010-Chicago

6. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    Too bad. I was just about to go to that thread and ask about an update. Sounds like I should let sleeping dogs lie though...

7. eurperules

eurperules Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    and a special thanks to all those who are professionally working on the cars and their records.
    the fact that they share info, vins, vintage pics and so much more for free is something that should not be underestimated.

all the best, from someone who always appreciated vintage more than new
    (my first car poster ever in my teen room was a 250SWB, and that's about 15 years ago)