Anbody read Swedish? Paper claims Gene to replace Kimi (BBC sources) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anbody read Swedish? Paper claims Gene to replace Kimi (BBC sources)

Discussion in 'F1' started by TeamF1Jr, May 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Probably the bar where the WDC drivers hang out at. ;)

2. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Srsly, wtf. No wonder Americans get little love outside the US.

3. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hopefully the moderators will be doing something about the post you are referring to.

4. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I hope so too - the original post referenced is totally out of line - perhaps a time out is in order?

Carol

5. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Of course, but what is his role in the issue debated here? Wasn't he mentioned in the Swedish text?

6. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    The article is clearly confusing as I've read through it a couple of times now and get more confused every time. It sais Alonso will get Ferrari seat in 2010 and so will Marc Gene, but mentions nothing about Felipe!

Any Swedes here to translate with 100% accuracy and not 90%?

Regards,
    confused Norwegian.

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Quite inappropriate. Were your pants wet after that outburst?

8. JoeGuitar

JoeGuitar Formula Junior

May 27, 2007
    Lexington, KY
    Full Name:
    Joe
    +1

9. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I really doubt they'll show Kimi the door before the season ends. If he's to be replaced, it woul be definitely for next season.

10. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    This is a fairly extraordinary year with the scuderia holding only 4 Constructor's points and with the drivers only holding 3 each. IMO there would be no risk from releasing a driver mid season and no benefit if they kept them.

11. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I think the opposite. With Ferrari pretty much out of the running what would be the point of getting rid of Kimi? It would cost Ferrari a lot of money; they would still have to pay Kimi for the remainder of his contract and also pay a new driver, and that new driver isn't going to turn things around and win a championship. The problem this year (so far) is the car, not the drivers.

12. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #37 tuttebenne, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
    Money is something Ferrari has no problem with. Its a competitive performance that they need. Kimi hasn't lived up to expectations and it would seem pretty easy to let him go now. It sends a nice message to the underperformers on the team and would seem to give the engineers more development feedback (if the seat were filled with a development driver).

13. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    #38 LA Swede, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
    Sure. I think your translation was quite good. The article is just based on some apparent speculation by other media, including Daily Star, Sport Bild, BBC, etc. Although I am a big KR fan, I have been disappointed with his results. It would, however, be very surprising if Marc Gene would take over.

=======

"Kimi may have to leave - already under this season"

KR's time with Ferrari may be over.

Already under this season. At Monza, Ferrari will present his successor, but the team wants to switch him out sooner than that.

KR blamed himself for the mistake in Barcelona where he miscalculated the qualifying time and failed to advance to Q2.

-I didn't feel like driving another lap, I wanted to save the tires, he explained after qualifying.

But the gesture came too late.

The replacement is already ready.

Ferrari already has a replacement ready. Italian and German media has long written about that Fernando Alonso is their first choice from 2011, something that also Toro Rosso's former team boss, the old Ferrari driver Gerhard Berger, confirmed.

But, according to the British tv-channel BBC and the British newspaper Daily Star, the collaboration [between KR and Ferrari] ends significantly sooner than that.

Daily Star and the German tv-station RTL suggest that Ferrari want to replace the 2007 WDC with Marc Gene the test driver now already. The reason is that the Finn is too unmotivated and apathetic. He hasn't won since the race in Barcelona last year, and since winning the WDC two years ago, he has only crossed the finish lined first twice.

The replacement is presented in September.

Moreover, BBC states that Ferrari will present KR's replacement in conjunction with the race in Monza in September.

Thus, in 2010, Fernando Alonso will be in a Ferrari.

-I think so too, Gerhard Berger said to Sport Bild.
    -Now I can also disclose that when I was team boss for Toro Rosso, I negotiated intensively with Ferando Alonso about this season, he was interested but very clear on that he had something really big planned for 2010 and that kan only be Ferrari. Nothing else.

Additionally, the Spanish bank Santander will sponsor Ferrari starting next season, they were with McLaren under Alonso's time with the team and have been very clear that they want to work with the Spaniard again.

14. Pirate75

Pirate75 Karting

Feb 19, 2008
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    JT
    Agreed. I think the drivers might be the last of the problems this year.

15. Forexpreneur

Forexpreneur Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alexander Everhart
    Oh contrair! Remember Fiat owns Ferrari doesn't matter Ferrari is still making a profit. First off I think the profit will turn into a loss this year but even if it doesn't Fiat is bleeding money. Hell Fiat is trying to buy the Euro side of GM AND Chrysler. Pretty ambitious when they are in such huge debt and no clear way of getting out anytime soon even if the economy did turn around and stay that way.

16. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Tackar! :)

17. maynard

maynard Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I believe aquapuss is Finnish. As you might know, some Finns are not very fond of Sweden due to various historical reasons.

18. treventotto

treventotto Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2008
    Alicante
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    Can't find anything in the Spanish media. Aftonbladet är skit.

19. maynard

maynard Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Certainly. In my opinion nothing printed in Aftonbladet bears more than a passing resemblance to the truth.

20. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    #45 aquapuss, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
    Hej på dig!

No need to go that deep. I just like to crush them to the boards in a hockey game. The bloodier they get, the better.

PS. Unlike most of these yahoos shooting in the dark, I am pretty fluent in Swedish. And I have forgotten more about Sweden and the Swedes than they -or their children- will ever learn.