Cars & Coffee Pics - 3/21/09 - Supercar Saturday! | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee Pics - 3/21/09 - Supercar Saturday!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by frank4cars, Mar 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Supercar Saturday! Between the four Ferrari supercars, the bonus silver Enzo, TdF, Lusso, Stradales, Fiorano, Boxer, Daytona, Dino, et al, the featured Mercedes classics, Unimog, DTM, and SL65 Black Series, and the four different color CGTs, GT3 RS, Lambos, and everything else, this had to be among the best Cars & Coffee shows ever! Pics are loading right now at:

http://www.frank4cars.fotki.com/c--c/

2. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You are quick - some great shots there Frank! Somehow I missed ya...

I'll post the pics I took shortly - yours are much better though since there aren't any people standing by the cars.

What a great day! Thanks to everyone for bringing out these great cars and making C&C what it is.

3. garciacg

garciacg Rookie

May 28, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos G.
    Awesome pics Frank!

Who makes this car, do you know?
    83IMG_7648.JPG

thx

4. ELIM

ELIM Formula 3

Apr 29, 2005
    OC, CA
    Full Name:
    Elliot
    ...one more F40 joined us later! ;)

5. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    That is a Tesla Roadster. Lotus produces the chassis for them so it looks a lot like an Elise, but there are a ton of changes before it becomes a Tesla.

6. garciacg

garciacg Rookie

May 28, 2004
    Newport Beach
    Full Name:
    Carlos G.
    Thanks! I could not remember the name of the maker and it was driving me crazy!

Cheers,
    Carlos

7. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    What a day! Great seeing everyone! Awesome pics!

8. JC 550M

JC 550M Karting

Feb 22, 2008
    Murrieta
    Full Name:
    JC
    Frank,
    Thanks for the great pics. What an awesome day at C&C! Probablly the best in a long time
    JC

9. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    I'm glad all of the planning and early morning setup paid off. It was a good thing we had John Clinard rope off the area and I'm glad I got there early to make sure nobody parked by the tape. Keeping people out of the supercar zone also made for some great pics. Thanks to John for his help with this and thanks to the owners for bringing out the goods. One of the best C&Cs ever.

10. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Thank you to all those who played a part in putting this morning together. Truly an amazing site to behold.

11. Aimee

Aimee Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    AIMEE
    What an amazing day! Thanks for bringing out those amazing super cars guys. I am still smiling from the days excitement! This was one of the best Cars and Coffee shows ever!

12. G-Ryder

G-Ryder Karting

Aug 11, 2006
    Toluca Lake
    Full Name:
    CJ
    Why why why why am I just logging on now and now last week!!!!!!!! Ahhh ... the story of my life always runnin' late ;D

Oh well ... Amazing pics as always Frank I soo would have gone just always log on here Saturdays for some reason. Old dawg in me from Supercar Sunday habits :)

What a great turnout and I'm sure a wonderful way to spend a SoCal day. We are so lucky to live in a state that needs 2 forums :D

If you'll all excuse me I just need to find a sharp object to thrust myself upon ...

13. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks for all the great pics Frank.

How lucky we are to live in Southern California. I can't imagine an informal gathering like this with as many diverse and increadible cars happening anywhere else in the world.

By the way, do you know what the classic Ferrari was that was parked next to the Lusso? I heard it was extremely rare (1 of 7?).

14. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    It's a 1956 250 GT Berlinetta, aka the Tour de France. This particular one was in the movie "The Love Bug" and recently was on display at the San Diego Auto Museum as part of their Ferrari race car display.

http://www.frank4cars.fotki.com/other-events/concoursmeetsshowsraces/san-diego-automotiv/sdautomuseum077.html

More info about the TdF: https://www.qv500.com/ferrari250tdfp1.php

15. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  16. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Did anyone go to Supercar today?

17. grndfx

grndfx Rookie

Mar 12, 2006
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  18. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Wow great pics!

19. Aimee

Aimee Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    AIMEE
  20. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Had a great morning yesterday, nice to see everyone again. Havnt been to C&C in 6months....hope to return more often

21. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    See us what for 2 seconds. LOL Infamous Charlie shows up once in a lifetime and barely says hi to people.

22. SilverF20C

SilverF20C Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Wish I could've been there, but in lieu of that, thanks for the pics Frank & others! Looked like a great one to be at.

23. OCFerrari

OCFerrari Karting

Jan 20, 2009
    Was a lot of fun, I haven't been to one in over a year. Took my 10 year old, and he loved seeing those supercars! That was quite a site, even for jaded OC.

I took a few pictures, but then deleted them in shame after seeing Frank's pics and photo album! Nice!

24. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay