My new F430. Thx everyone! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My new F430. Thx everyone!

Discussion in '360/430' started by cyclisto, Mar 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WyattH

WyattH Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Wyatt Hanson
    Wow, great spot on the yellow intake manifolds.

Novitec Smoked tails, some black wheels with a yellow pinstripe, a light tint (30%?), and a drop = PERFECT! :D

2. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    Congrats. Cool, veeeery cool. Love the color combo. Probably won't be doing 150+ in its new home, eh? Now drop the beast and close that wheel gap!!

3. georgeshayek

georgeshayek Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2007
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Full Name:
    Georges G. Hayek
    Enjoy in good health! She is a beauty!

4. ndnbill

ndnbill Karting

Mar 3, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    William
    congrats--beautiful car--the yellow touches are fantastic--enjoy

5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Yellow calipers with the shields just looks so good against a black backdrop. Enjoy in the best of health.

6. tabiggs

tabiggs Karting

Apr 28, 2008
    Houston Texas
    #31 tabiggs, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. MARIOF430

MARIOF430 Karting

May 8, 2007
    Portland ,Or.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Beautiful car!!!! Love the color combo! NOT COOL regarding your driving habits especially with a car your not familiar with!!! Please alert us all when you are out on public roads I will stay home!

8. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    Congrats ! Beautiful BLK/BLK with yellow Calipers; enjoy it in good health;

I will have mine out in 1-2 weeks: can't wait !

9. ZeEN

ZeEN Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2007
    Turkey
    Full Name:
    Eren
    WoW love the yellow colour matching !!

Enjoy in good heath.

10. cyclisto

cyclisto Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2008
    Utopia
    Full Name:
    Sy Kleesteau
    thx to everyone for the kind words! and i apologize for the excessive speed. perhaps i was imagining??? ;-)

however, as i recall, it was mostly driven in virtually no traffic, if that makes any difference.

tabiggs: that is quite the stable of black beauties! i'd like to match your tint. it looks great. what %, if i may ask? also, did you use the same % for the rear window?

thx!

11. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Very nice 430, really nice.

Congrats.

12. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #37 76Steel, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
    Nice! Love the yellow vs black contrast - enjoy! Looks like it will be easy to ......... but, don't get crazy speeding -

13. jimrodgers

jimrodgers Rookie

Jan 25, 2009
    Ohio
    Great color combination. Enjoy!

14. FQ340

FQ340 Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2007
    istanbul
    Full Name:
    ahmet
    Its the first time that i really like a 430. I guess that must be the color than :)

Great looking car (and yellow intakes, very nice touch), enjoy..

15. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    congratulations, it looks very sharp !

be careful :)

16. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Very nice...........congratulations. Enjoy the car in good health.

17. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    In comparison, the brakes on that Turbo look puny, malnourished, stunted...

18. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Hi James,

Disagree that German Autobahns are smooth. Smooth macro but really grainy micro, which may actually give lots of good drainage for water but is really loud. You cross the border into Switzerland and you really notice how quiet the roads are. Ditto Japan, where a decade of construction spending didn't end the deflation but did build a fresh-surfaced road to everywhere.

Totally agree that the roads are often far safer for high speed in the US midwest and west than they are in Germany. I kind of wonder why US and DE have about the same highway death tolls when DE is typically so much more traffic on narrower roads with no limits. I think part is that the average German is more responsible than the average American.

19. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Well, you might be right about the roads. I have never driven in Japan and I was not driving in Switzerland and the weather was not good when we were there anyway, so we did not hit any high speeds and were not in the Porsche at any rate. I was really comparing the lack of surface undulations of the German roads to those in the US. They spend a lot of time making them level (maybe that is the word I should have used initially, not smooth) vs. here in the US if you are going to go much more than 100mph you better have a pretty firm suspension setting or your car will really wallow around as the road undulates.

I think you are right about German drivers vs. US drivers. You don't even have to take an actual DRIVING test in TX anymore! UNREAL! You don't even have to take formal driving LESSONS either! Your parents can just sign off saying they "taught" you...that is (in most cases) the blind leading the blind! So, not only has the general driving population in America been bad (or TERRIBLE) it is getting worse!! SCARY thought that, huh?!

James

20. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Beautiful car! I really like the colors.

21. Nick85

Nick85 Karting

Feb 23, 2006
    USA
    #46 Nick85, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009

I'm sorry but this is just sad. This guy just bought an awesome Ferrari F430 and drove it like it was meant to be driven. Then we have Ferrari owners who preach down to him for driving his high performance as intended. These cars aren't for prancing down the boulevard and acting like a ****. Now I see why Enzo Ferrari had such a distaste for so many of his customers.

Congrats on the F430, looks amazing in Black. And i'm jealous of the 911 on top....good choices.

22. Barrister

Barrister Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2008
    The OC
    Full Name:
    "Big D"
    Great car!! I just bought a 2004 360 Modean and love it. I can only imagine what an F430 is like. I have my sights on one in a year or so.

Drive it like you stole it brother! Thats the only way to get your money's worth.