What do owners think about Ferrari apparel?? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What do owners think about Ferrari apparel??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Call Me Daddy, Feb 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

As a non-owner, I can tell you I avoided buying a Ferrari Polo this weekend at the St. Armand's event because the shields on the ones I saw were huge and obnoxious. I wouldn't mind a black polo with a very small shield to wear on occasion. I saw black ones, but only with the aforementioned shield.

RMX

2. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

I met a woman in an airport once who had on Ferrari glasses. She told me she bought them because she loves Ferraris but could never afford one.

I have some Ferrari T-shirts with a small logo in the middle. I can't imagine I'd just never wear them again if I bought a Ferrari. One I don't know if I'll ever wear out in public though because I ordered it online thinking it would be good to wear to work out and it's soooo tiny I feel a little too exposed. Maybe Ferrari wants a woman who wears a tank top to let it all hang out or something. Now that I think about it, men probably market most of this stuff so that probably was the whole point.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, Miss Teen Texas wasn't the legal limit, so I had to toss her back to grow a little more...we'll meet again! :D :D :D

I'm glad you seem to understand that I DO 'represent Ferrari" at these events, 'cuz Schumi is usually busy, that day....It's not that I reap any "action" per se, but I do have a lot of nice conversations with enthusiasts of all marques..over 200,000 spectators watch the annual Art Car Parade..

The other point, before I mosey on back to the Ranch, is mine is all REAL team wear and the prices you cite are accurate.....$450USD - $500USD for a shirt (heck, even my kids have them!) tobacco or non tobacco (I favor the latter, as Dad was lost to lung cancer, I feel that was enough to pay Altria) ..and the jackets were more like $1,000USD - $1,500USD each, I have all the TH years, and Valeria has one....

I also agree with you, I kind of tapered off in enthusiasm for the FILA (have some) and the Puma gear (have hats and driving shoes, and socks only)....I readily admit that I am well past "enthusiast" when I roll the Parade or appear at Saint Arnold's Brewery...as I get "certain benefits" from it, I suppose I am almost across the line....:D :D :D :D

mr308gtb likes this.
  4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Any of ya'll that are looking for "tasteful" stuff, I share my monogram shop with Risi Competizione, so we have the shields, rectangles and prancing ponies all ready to go in the computer on any color shirt, or towel or whatever,.....you want!

Ahem....unofficially....off the Record, of course....

I guess my voice sounds a lot like Mr. Risi, on the phone....LOL!

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You'd better email me a pic, then..... for an honest opinion!

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Uh....ahem...."the_stig"..

Your Profile info looks a little thin.

Care to enlighten us all, exactly WHY you post in this Forum?

Thanks!!! :D :D :D

7. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I was at the Wynn Hotel in Vegas last weekend and found myself too embarrassed to walk into the Ferrari store. What I saw through the window was a bunch of really hideous stuff. I was also humored by the $10 a head charge to walk into the dealership. If there was any fear that letting anyone in would open the cars to being damaged, everything was roped off so you couldn't get close to anything. I am sorry to report more new unsold Ferraris than I have ever seen at a single dealership. Their prices were not at all reflective of what has happened to the prices of exotic cars. O well, I hope this turns around.

8. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    I wear Ferrari stuff.

I like it, I am particular; if you do not ..... as my 12 yr old son who knows EVERYTHING says, "That's your problem."

On this one thing I tend to agree.

9. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
  10. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Do 'they' make a Risi Competizione polo? I always dug his team logo when I saw it running around Daytona on their 333 SP.....and I've always wanted a shirt from his team (but never could find one).

11. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I stopped in there once - they supposedly stocked "Ferrari of Las Vegas" apparel in there, but were all sold out (unless you wanted a 'small'). Guess I'll have to go back when they re-stock....oh, and you can get-in to the dealership area for 'free' if you can somehow show 'proof of ownership', whatever that means......

12. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Sorry - no. Like the TV character whose name I've borrowed I'll have to remain a man of mystery I'm afraid. Hope it doesn't offend anyone but that's the way it is.

13. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Spoke to them today and they are doing new team t-shirts next month if that does anything for you. Not sure about polos.

14. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    #64 CornersWell, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Only the "real" Stig!

Impostor!

Stiggie

15. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Have 1 'team' hat that I wear on GP days only.
    Club regalia that I wear to Club events only.
    Small Cavallino pendant that I sometimes take away with me so I don't get lonely without my car! Interstingly, lots of girls don't know what it represents and ask me am I into horses?
    NO commercial merchandise generally, but a friend gave me an "I am the Stig" T-shirt which I wear (ironically) to track days and the like, but make sure I don't have to stop for fuel or anything along the way as I would DIE of embarrasment if someone saw me getting out of the 308 wearing that shirt and thought I was serious!

16. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    You signed up here in 2005 and chose this for your first post? Wow...

17. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    I'll remember that next trackday.

What if you have to go to the loo ?
    I felt so sure the Stig was...........
    Guess I'll cross one more possible candidate off the list.
    Schuee - NO
    Tiff Needell- ?
    Nigel Mansell-?
    Kerrari-NO

18. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    walk softly and carry a big stick......

19. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    I've owned a Schumacher F1 and a Raikonnen Mubadala F1 cap and a Scuderia Ferrari team jacket since I'm particularly fond of F1 as a sport, even though ferrari GT's have been my primary interest. My wife bought me some Puma Ferrari driving shoes and I have a friend in the racing business who has a puma sponsorship that got me some authentic high top ferrari red alcantara suede racing shoes. Other than these specific apparel items, I tend to stay away from the generic rectangle or scuderia shield or Ferrari apparrel. I agree with the other guys posting when they say it is rare that they wear their ferrari stuff when they drive their F-cars. I usually wear the stuff singly unpaired and not matched up with lots of other ferrari apparel. Too much of anything, is never good. I actually have bought a few Ducati items, even thought I don't have a Ducati. Funny isn't it, I guess it's like they say, If ferrari apparel is mostly for those who don't have an F-car, then Ducati apparel is mostly for those who don't have a Ducati. Well, I'm glad I'm not a Ferrari poser, but just a Ducati poser.

20. kara

kara Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2007
    Ukraine in dreams/CA
    Full Name:
    Kara, Karalina
    I'm not an owner, but my dad is.
    Ferrari apparel is okay in moderation and stuff.

I own a black shirt with the horse on the front, and a small shield logo in the back at the top.
    It's really subtle compared to other Ferrari shirts.
    I like it.

I think wearing a jacket, shirt, and hat all at the same time is obviously way over the top.

I don't really think much if I see someone with Ferrari apparel.
    I don't make guesses as to if they are owners or not.
    That's not a reliable method.

I guess I'm just kinda neutral about it all.

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    White Oxford
    Two red Jackets
    Red Polo
    Yellow Polo
    Black Fleece
    Tod's Shoes

Worn maybe a total of ten times, all together.

22. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

^ That.

No Ferrari and no Ferrari clothes.

The only piece of Automobile clothing I've got is a shirt with pictures of a dozen or so European classics that I wear a handful of times a year to some sort of classic car show or event.

23. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    I wear no F gear. Saying that, I don't wear any clothing with manufacturers promo logo's emblazened upon it. Also discussed here.

24. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #74 Wade, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #75 Napolis, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At Events I sometimes wear the Jacket that Mr. Chinetti gave me and Meg dresses in period clothes that match our car.

I once tried Ferrari Branded condoms but they were defective only spelled out "FER".
    Image Unavailable, Please Login