Just Bought the eBay 360 Spider! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Just Bought the eBay 360 Spider!

Discussion in '360/430' started by drchako, Jan 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    #76 Exotic Marques, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
    Hesco, at best, was guessing, they don't have the instrumentation or the experience to do a third rate PPI. How do we know this? Birmingham based associate of ours who oversees PPIs.

FOA will perform a PPI on cars they see are worthwhile or to assure a sale between competent Buyers and Sellers. How do we know? They do them for us. We have a Roswell-based (where FOA is located) associate there who oversees them.

FOA saw this car and ran from it.

2. Design Slave

Design Slave Karting

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    #77 Design Slave, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
    I have a question about a PPI I had a while ago...

One car I had looked at had an oil pan leak. I think it was in the transmission pan. It was an adjustment screw (factory) almost dead center. There's a recess in the pan (thumb diameter) and in there is an adjustment screw. Well it was leaking oil around the screw and 'wetting' the panels. Not a prolific leak, he said it must have been leaking for some time.

The dealer said I have a 2 fix option.

1: Put a F355 adjustment screw in there (slightly different) $450 (85% chance it will solve problem) Seemed like they had done it before.
    2: New oil pan $4,500

Anyone out there had this, fixed this?

He said it was a small anomaly... but one to take note of.

I'm guessing it's an imperfect fit (crossthreadded?) and the threads living in the oil pan housing, hence the need to replace the oil-pan.

Seems I'm not the only one...
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226057

3. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    Who did the PPI? This has a great deal to do with the answer.

4. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    He must have a car to sell the Doc.

5. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Does your Birmingham associate have someone else in the area that does F-car PPIs or F-car work...someone closer than Atlanta? Who is the associate? I am interested because in my "evaluation" of getting a 360, the biggest issue is turning out to be "there is no place closer than Atlanta (FOA) that has any real experience with F-cars". This fact is basically gonna be the death of my dream to own an F-car. I just can't see having to get the car to Atlanta for any/all work...I live in Birmingham. Feel free to PM a name if you would rather...thanks.

6. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Same thing happened to me; I line new New Orleans, and for the longest thought that the closest place I could get an F-Car serviced would be Houston or Atlanta! How's THAT for service trips? (Why Ferrari doesn't have a dealer in the Greater New Orleans area is beyond me) Luckily there is a great F-Car shop in NO. :)

7. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    I bought my first Ferrari, a Dino, in the 70s, lived in Tennessee. Had to ship her to NO for service. Times, they are a changin'.