Your ideal Mondial? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Your ideal Mondial?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by effer, Jan 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #76 snj5, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. oliv928

oliv928 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Toulouse
    I will try this link for my wheels.
    thank you very much.
    If interessed I have received nice old french auto magazines with articles about the mondial. I can scan it for You.
    byebye

3. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.

Thanks Michael!

I will take a look at them. Somebody suggested me the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW with his very aggresive thread pattern, but I am afraid about its behavior under wet conditions.

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Russ,

Yep - I passed !! The "105" I referred to a while back, was the price they wanted. Try $4k plus my wheels:( No thanks:)

If my business picks up, I'll follow your lead and get them out of Europe.

Thanks Russ,

Hank

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #80 snj5, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wow - that's a lot considering you give him your wheels. Well, in the meantime your car will continue to look terrific as is.
    I do like the 17" as the largest wheel to use as it fits the period well and looks right, and it does allow a lot of tire choices to match one's driving requirements. JMHO, but much bigger seems to overpower the rest of the car as focal point instead of complimenting the elegantly subtle basic shape. I really think it is the very quiet understatement of class of the Mondial which makes it such a timeless Ferrari for me.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I must disagree,

the challenge wheels the Eberlein Mondial seem very much perfect and give more of a todays look...18s can work if the tire size is right and the car is lowered a bit...as long as the wheels dont protrude pass the wheel well, the look works

JMHO

7. effer

effer Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    near Montréal
    Full Name:
    François R.
    +1 I think exactly the same! But OTOH, ... I do think like snj5 about 19'' wheels !!!

We are only one inch apart!

Cheers!

8. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #83 Wade, Jan 25, 2009
    Their listing specifies fitment for the TR but they might have other sizes too.

"Originaler Ferrari Komplettradsatz vom Ferrari Testarossa ( 3tlg. Speedline Felgen) , mit Bridgestone S-02 , VA: 245/40 ZR17 und HA: 335/40 ZR17 Felgenbetten komplett"

My first pick for a Mondial are the OEM 16 inchers but these Speedlines are a nice second choice :)

9. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    #84 snj5, Jan 25, 2009
    I also believe very strongly that everyone should have what they like! :)

It is always interesting, but ultimately a dead end conversation, to discus matters of taste, because it is hard to objectify subjectivity. :) For example: to me, the 18" wheels seem to work well on the Michael B. prugna t coupe, while I think I am at the same time the only person on Ferrarichat that thinks the Eberlein all-red Mondial t coupe looks like crap. It's all about subtleties (and not-so-subtleties) and details for me. But, I always encourage people to have what they want!

Of course, I do think you can go "too far":

10. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    While you might have to get smaller tires, these wheels should bolt up to the Mondial just fine with the correct offsets...and, being 3 piece wheels, it is always possible to have them rebuilt to any specification -- the key is having the center section.

11. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Wade,

In as much as the 17" Speedlines were offered in Europe through Ferrari dealers, I see these wheels as "kissing cousins" to the OEM 16' wheels from the factory. I believe that with the proper tire sizes, Goodyear F1 - GS D3s' would look and work beautifully. I would probably defer to Russ's tire size choices.

Cheers, Hank

12. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #87 D.Mauro, Jan 25, 2009