What do you think of this 550? | FerrariChat

What do you think of this 550?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by arezzo, Oct 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    I've often heard fellow F-chatters say the cars get better the more you drive them, this baby has 90k km or roughly 56k miles:

http://www.q8car.com/newsite/cars/english/main.asp?WebPage=CarDetails&id=67590

I love the color combo and with the weather becoming nice here I'm looking for a car to enjoy for the season, the price is killer too at USD 47k, so what do you say? Go or no go?

My major concern is the mileage or it shouldn't be?

S

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I saw that, too... but I was looking at the one next to it, the Red/Tan 550 for KD14,500 ($54,700.00).

Have you called the guy yet and looked at it up close? I'm just not too hot on the red interior... The white looks great, but I've never liked red for the interior on any car.

Mike in Kuwait

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    That's a looker! :D Miles, NP!

4. Rex71

Rex71 Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2007
    Jeddah,Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Majd B.
    I think it is a good deal.
    Go for it if PPI & compression test results are OK.
    Good luck.

5. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    +1.

6. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    90k kms is not much especially for a 10yr old car. That is an average of 9k kms a year which is a very moderate usage. If well serviced and the PPI and compression test are good, then go for it. The colors are very nice too..........mabrouk mokadaman ;).

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Holy ****. Thats so cheap !

8. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    No Doubt its a great deal, Mike I totally understand about the color but I love Japanese owned Ferraris, their passion and enthusiasm is addictive and this 550 in white looks like it was transplanted into Kuwait from Tokyo :-> LooooL

The red 550 is a classic no doubts about it, but when I hear much smarter people than myself like Napolis predicting that Lambo 6.0s (another fav. of mine) falling to USD 30k before this crisis is over, makes me want to just sit on my cash and look at how things go.....

Choices Choices :) now if only Tarek gets that Enzo :-> LoooL, that would be the ultimate high for me, yes Tarek I do live through your posts LoooL, its true.

Thanks guys :)

S

9. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    :).........thank you Salman. I will honestly try my best to get that Enzo..........I'll be very happy if I succeed.

Good luck in your purchase.

10. xeneize

xeneize Karting

Dec 26, 2005
    Not that it's a bad thing because the car looks very nice, but does it look to anyone else like that front bumper is aftermarket.

Didn't the 550's front grill have lights, and look at the lower edge line of the grill, it looks like it has some kind of lip, wether aftermarket or not nice car.

11. East320

East320 Rookie

Jan 14, 2009
    Arezzoo,
    Just curious why you didn't buy it???

12. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    I need to get rid of a car to park it, although I've been told the more you drive them the better, the mileage bothers me, I like to buy cars when they're below 40k km atleast.

S