1979 400iA Complete Parts Car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1979 400iA Complete Parts Car

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by brettski, Dec 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    What would it take to get some glass made for both the front and rear?

2. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Brett.. Would you just possibly still have the console window switches available?..thank you..Jacques.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dunno know about the rest of the mods, but I'm ok with it.

This seems more like a mission of mercy for desperate 400 owners everywhere than a traditional for sale thread.

Let's just try to keep it on the down-low, ok? :D I don't want anyone here thinking I'm a nice guy.

Dave

4. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    yes.

that peice is yours Jan...but wouldn't it be easier to mail ? or are you in Toronto for other reasons ?

i'll check for you Bruce.

i've got lots of lugs and i remember the Alt. cover being there...so it's looking good Ken. i'll confirm.

$

they're there J, a little worn though.

right on...thanks Dave.

5. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Brett.. thank you for looking at the switches for me..I'll hold off on those for now..it seems that my emergency brake cable or something has broken..I have no resistance in the brake handle..any thoughts on this..I don't have access to a lift to check it out..may be needing some of your parts from yours..thanks you so very much..Jacques...Also about the steering wheel on my 1980 ser.1..It is a solid spoke silver Momo with no black surround around the yellow horsie button..I presume it to be stock as nothing has been changed on my car..hope this sheds some light on the subject...Also have put an a racing quick release ..on both of my steering wheels..including the black wooden Nardi, as they are each worth "boocoo" $$$$.JP.

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    maseratisource had some windows(front) made in finland. if you need finland address i will look it up about $2000

7. GreggG

GreggG Karting

Jul 14, 2008
    New Jersey
    Brett, how about the clear, rectangular reverse light lens (as least that's what I think it is) that's between the tail pipes under the rear deck...is the 400 the same as the 365? If you have it, mine has a hairline crack.

8. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    hey Gregg,
    it was red on this car and it was junk, sorry...but was that even standard equipment on your car ? i think that's just some DOT requirement.

regarding your PM, yes, it is the brackets you're after that hold the hood liner to the hood frame. it's possible something 'funky' was done on your car because of the fact that they were missing.

...and Happy New Year to you also ! thanks !

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Refresh my memory on this car? What was it?

10. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    my mistake Gregg...not sure what i was thinking ??? it certainly should have the reverse lamp because one was not incorporated into the tail lights.

11. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #36 brettski, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
    it was a early injected car that i bought from Peter Sweeney in package deal that included a much better condition Euro Spec '74 Dino gt4.
    i bought it for the parts, then thought about 'fixing' it at some point down the road, but due the bodywork required i've gone back to Plan A.

there are some pics in the second post.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219034&page=2

12. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Brett
    Are you going to wait until requests stop coming in before making final deals? Will you contact people directly via PM for cost?
    Ken

13. Godspeed!

Godspeed! Karting

Dec 1, 2006
    Mandeville, Louisian
    Full Name:
    Dave Foley
    Hey Brett,

My car ,78 400A, is missing the blower motor in the front valence on the passenger side. I have the housing but the motor and white cage blower are missing, so would love to get a hold of one. Also, I have a rear bumper but is wavy from rust under the rubber, soooooo if you have a good one and I can afford it, great. Thanks for helping us all out here! Let me know................

Godspeed!
    Dave

14. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    OH yeah..I remember that one. Thanks Brett.

15. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    hey Ken, i'm just thinking my through this now... and it's little more complicated then i imagined (pricing, shipping, etc.) but i do have some ideas.
    i'll be rolling them out shortly. thanks for your patience.

sorry Dave, i can't help with the bumper... but i removed the blower, so i'll test it and get back to you. thanks.

16. GreggG

GreggG Karting

Jul 14, 2008
    New Jersey
    #41 GreggG, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Brett, I looked at the link that you provided to the car...you are correct in that the 400 lense is red and more square. This will not work for my 365. I've attached a photo of mine to show the difference. I don't wish to speak for others in the forum, but I for one would like to acknowledge your responsiveness and prompt attention (economic incentives aside) to everyone's requests and, in some case, pleas for desparately needed parts. Thanks for your continued efforts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    #42 aidanparte, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Brett

The reverse lights are in the centre of the indicators. Not sure why Gregg's car has an additional white light in the centre - I've never seen one there before on a 400.

Aidan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Hey Brett, do I need any parts?

19. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Aidan,

It is because Gregg's car is not a 400 but a 365 ;) :)

Regards,

Art S.

20. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    D'oh!

Aidan

21. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #46 brettski, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    yes, because on a 400i it is a brake light not a reverse light.
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=380091313406
    make this guy an offer and you've got the problem solved !

Gregg's is a 365 and doesn't have the reverse light in the triple light set-up...but since the innermost light is just a reflector, it should be a reverse light

your car, David's car and my car are getting everything they need...free of charge !...well not really free, i guess, but you know what i mean.

double d'oh...

22. preston400i

preston400i Karting

Dec 26, 2006
    I'm interested in a passenger side rear view mirror, front turn signal lenses, headlight motors, driver's side headlight pod/assembly, any of the console switches you can spare, passenger side stainless window trim, A/C dash vents, LH rubber plenum thing... I'm sure other things will come to me.

What are slickmurphy wheels? My TRX's are pretty badly dry rotted.

23. Brennan

Brennan Karting

Apr 28, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Full Name:
    Brennan Johnson
    If still available, i'm interested in the Heater Control valve, and LHS hood prop.

Brennan

24. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Identical original wheel in my '82, #39577

25. brettski

brettski Formula 3

Feb 29, 2004
    north of toronto
    Full Name:
    brett swaykoski
    #50 brettski, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    : ) that's funny...what i meant was that the Factory 15" rims on the car were going to David, aka SlickMurphy.
    as for the parts Preston, i think i can provide them...but i'll really need to verify. i think the left intake 'snail' may have been ripped...
    i'll work on it.

i'll look for that Brennan and let you know.

yup, i know that there was a moment when this was the Factory wheel. it looks as if early Series 1 400i's had the 400 Momo and that later
    Series 1's had the silver, split spoke Nardi. the Series 2's got the ugly black wheel... ;P

i've just finished prepping AK Jim's 365 for the painter which included pulling his motor, tranny, rad, headers, exhaust, bumpers, lights, trim and a bunch of interior...so now i can dig in to this parts thing more seriously.