Super Cars Exposed Blows! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Super Cars Exposed Blows!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 308 milano, Dec 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I have never been able to watch a complete episode of SCE...it's just so amatureish (and not in the same vein as Top Gear) With F1 coverage being an exception, it appears all of the decent autmotive programming is everywhere else BUT SpeedTV :(

2. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    #27 AHudson, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008

I agree, and am definitely NOT above being lured in by the beautiful, but when you find that there's zero 'depth' below their surface ploy, it turns into the "You may already be a winner!" envelope: empty promise.

I can't stand the show. Last night, for fun, I clicked between Top Gear and SCE. I almost got the bends. The sorriest peice of you-know-what writing on one... and witty, INFORMED, clever insight on the other. (You guess which is which.) Just pitiful.

I'm SURE Tanner Foust is a fine drifter, but producers shouldn't hang a show on that alone. Jeez, give him some material aimed higher than the IQ of a rollerblade. Please. I too miss Victory By Design. I heard it cost a fortune to make, advertisers didn't support it. It was a real treat. I'd not be surprised if some of the VBD people are doing Top Gear. Just a hunch.

3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thats Tanner Fousts claim to fame, drifting? You can't be serious! I was thinking along the lines of maybe an F1 driver wanna be.

Another program that seem to suffer is the R-M car auction, last thing out of Tanners mouth when the hammer drops is "well bought and well sold" no matter how ridiculous the final price.

4. silver-gt

silver-gt Guest

Mar 13, 2008
    +1 - too bad really

Only good show is chasing classic cars on discovery HD...

5. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Oh yeah and don't get me started on the show 101 Cars you Must Drive....... Worst car show EVER!

7. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim

8. M-Velope

M-Velope Rookie

Aug 24, 2006
    I think that Top Gear has set the bar so high, that these other shows don't even come close.

9. ferrariredered

ferrariredered Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Alb. New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I remember watching one of the shows when they had the Porsche Turbo, the Ferrari F430 and the Lotus Exige and raced them on the mountain, what i didn't like was when they drove the f430 and all they did was drift it around wet corners. There was no competition with the Porsche.

10. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This is what does it for me, the guys from Top Gear are fun to watch because they are very animated and witty and fun to watch. Foust sounds like he's reading from a script in a sound studio and when I hear his voice, I almost have to turn the channel because I can never stay interested.

11. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    Hey, look at the bright side for '101...'; there should only be 101 episodes, then that's IT for that piece of garbage.

12. Rodriguez_Exotics

Apr 9, 2008

speed should just accept they cant,and buy the rights from BBC and then they will be good :)

13. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    +100

Dream Car Garage is filmed in Ontario, Canada. Its a pretty good show which showcases some good collections, and gives straight-forward advice.

Victory By Design was spectacular, Alain DeCadenet was a pretty good SPEED host, and managed to produce/direct some good shows. Bob Varsha, David Hobbs, and Dave DeSpain are all professional and solid hosts as well.

Mind you, alot of these shows were produced in the early 2000's, which was SPEEDS "golden years". I remember, at any time on the weekend you could tune into SPEED CHANNEL and catch a World Superbike recap, or a Formula 1 special, or even a Nascar profile. They had a great international mix of events, and could cater to different demographics.

Now, with the advent of "reality TV", Speed has ended up in the gutter by making "Pinks", "PassTime" and other modern nonsense which caters to the intellect of 14 yr old boys. Sort of like how MTV has chased the reality TV bandwagon, and gotten rid of all their good programming, in favour of the same crap.

All these companies (MTV, SPEED and even F1!!) have chased the "golden goose", and managed to alienate their core viewer support. Now they are left with a big fat rotten egg from said goose.

14. 575man

575man Karting

Aug 15, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yea, I'm surprised you didnt mention how awful the wing looked on the back of the 430. Just brutal.

15. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Sorry; week after end of F1, I always cancel Comcast's SPEED subscription, turn in back on when it starts: Gives me an extra six pack of beer / month.

16. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    Really? MTV at least seems to be doing pretty well. Have you seen SPEED's bottom line? Do you know for sure that their profits are down?

17. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I'm sure their profits are up, but that doesn't mean that they are providing a good service.

I don't know the financial specifics of either company, but from reading recent posts, and listening to other 'loyal' MTV and SPEED subscribers, the have abandoned their hope for both channels.

A company can be successful, and still dissapoint their customers......look at F1!

18. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Speed sucked since it was acquired by News Corp. / Fox. As much as I love Rupert Murdoch's media, this one they effed up royally. The turning point was when Jim Liberatore was fired because he wanted to reduce the number of NASCAR-related shows (there's a novel idea!).

Since Fox owns the rights to NASCAR, they figured an all NASCAR channel was in order - WRONG! Now, not unlike MTV, they have filler that just doesn't make for good TV. I remember "Legends of Motorsport" and "F1 Decade", not to mention the WRC stuff. They've kept up on the ALMS and WSBK / MotoGP, but the channel just sucks. The personalities suck, the programming sucks, especially when NASCAR season is on. Unfortunately for me, the ratings are good, so they'll continue force-feeding that crap down my throat (assuming I'll watch it - I don't).

19. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I agree, the channel has gone way down hill, and watching Castro and his boys destroy cars is no fun at all.

20. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    OMG! someone over on corvette forum just started a thread about how they love that show pass time! you have to be kidding me!!!

21. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I think people need to quit being Top Gear nutswingers and get off the Clarkson bandwagon.

Sure Supercars Exposed isn't the greatest show but its better than watching NASCAR in Speed. Its better than what Speed use to have on there all those import tuner shows on how to make your honda faster than a Diablo for 15k.

I think Dream Car garage needs to make a come back as well along with Sportscar revloution to fill in the extra slots for the night when Supercars Exposed comes on.

My problem with the show is they only showcase whats new on the market as well as allow Tunercars on the show and try and pass them on as Supercars which is stupid. We all know mustangs can't qualitfy as a Supercar regardless if its making 150hp or 1000hp.

Otherwise I rate it a B+ it needs work and new hosts before it becomes decent.

I love Pass time and Pinks all out. Whats wrong with those shows? Is it because Jeremy Clarkson isn't hosting is that it?.

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I kinda like the show myself

24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1000 or Saturday Night Drive In.

25. Liquid Assets

Liquid Assets Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2009
    Cloud 9
    Can super cars exposed be better? Of course it can, there are a few things that would make the show great. Do i like watching Tanner drive Zonda's, CGT's and Lambo's instead of NASCAR doing left hand turns for hours? I sure do!