"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale | Page 12 | FerrariChat

"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by mdsaxon, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    My regards to Puhlina.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Antonio.

Since we haven't heard much from you in the past few days I though I would restart this thread with polite conversation.

Can you now tell us a bit more about your car? We'd love maybe one picture, something revealing, but not too revealing. You know, more '60's Playboy Magazine style than current Hustler Magazine shot. Something to excite us, get our juices flowing, but not something that gives away the farm.

Maybe a snap of the engine compartment. Surely that wouldn't reveal too much, and yet, it would serve to validate your claim and make all of us understand your delicate position as friend to the owner.

I know, deep in your heart, that you simply want to get the best deal possible for your owner friend, and that this is a place that can happen. There are several real buyers here, and a captive audience waiting with baited breath for your every post, hoping, no praying, that you'll give us a photo or confirming tidbit of information to help them decide on their pursuit of this magnificent vehicle.

So, I've been polite, and I'm trying to engage you in discourse that will help you, Sr. D'Alesio, sell this car and give someone a LOVELY Christmas present.

Do you think it would be possible for you to give us just the tiniest bit of additional information, and end all this speculation?

Humbly yours,

Dave M.

3. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    Baited? Interesting Freudian slip!

4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

#279 dm_n_stuff, Dec 9, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
    Siggie may have worn a slip, who knows, but... I NEVER slip.

Here in the land of mystical, missing or otherwise ethereal Ferraris with mysterious sales tactics, and marginal photos, it's baited.

In the real world, it's bated.

5. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I think this may be difficult to follow for our Italian friend...

Onno

6. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    you cannot known about my negotiations

ask yourself why one of that two people is no more on chat??!!
    he was not really interested in the car as you say and as you think he is interested in it..maybe it is fault of recession
    but when i say to him where come, and he said me to already booked ticket of flight and i say to him that if really interested i send him chassis number but JUST after he call me on my phone...then he said no more interest in the car and never call me back
    probably he would buy the car straightly from owner...but he does not owner, just i known owner
    no really interested people on the car in this chat are, because of if price of 700k euro is too much, a really interested buyer say his offer, fair offer and arrange his trip to come to inspect the car..and above all call me, to hear my voice , to hear that i'm real, that car is not stolen (because no 250 Europa was stolen) and just to hear i 'm not ignorant in Ferrari as you said.
    Regards

7. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    you are wrong and you are becoming ridicolous as i seem to you
    Good luck

8. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    #283 andales79, Dec 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Where are the photos 'your' car? A customer of mine is intereted but would like to recieve some photos you can PM me if you want.

10. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    just final buyer
    who are you? a trade, a buyer, an actioner, a broker?
    please contact me on my email, if really interested, but no pictures by email, only inspection by person

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The above post from less tha half an hour ago implies the car remains for sale

The ad now says "Sold on the 10.12.2008"

12. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    Why?

13. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Thank you for the picture of yourself Andales.

I must admit your appearance is a bit of a surprise.

It is LARGE and CLEAR picture, just as I asked.

But you are not holding the sign with my last name "Wanker" as I asked.

Please post a LARGE and CLEAR picture of your self holding a LARGE and CLEAR sign saying "WANKER" and we will knoew we are dealing with a REAL and HONEST person.

14. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    #289 andales79, Dec 10, 2008
    as you are seeing, we are in the same group
    anyway i'm more forward then you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #290 Nembo1777, Dec 10, 2008
    Andakles:

Never mind la bella ragazza we are hungry I mean really HUNGRY for more information!

(No the rubber alligator was not hurt by its contact with the bimbo.)

Best regards,

Marc
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

HAHA! Good picture of ewe!

17. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    obviously i'm joking now

i think that is only thing i could do on this chat
    Regards

18. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Pina Bausch by the great Helmut Newton.

Ciao!
    Walter

19. mdsaxon

mdsaxon Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    S.W. Florida
    #294 mdsaxon, Dec 10, 2008
  20. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Perhaps, perhaps not, Senior D'Alesio.

Can you explain one thing please? Why will you not release any information about this car?

Did you attend a special school for dealers that taught you this "teaser technique?" If so, I'd ask for a refund as it clearly is not working.

So, I'll ask again, why not post more information if you're selling for a friend? Or, don't you trust him not to sell the car out from under you? And if he's a friend, and all you're trying to do is help him out, then why not release the information? Who cares if he sells the car without your help, you're not collecting a commission. Surely you wouldn't charge a friend for helping him in these difficult times? He clearly knows he has a car of high value, you've told him that, right? No one is going to fleece him, you've made sure of that. So there's no risk for him, and a huge potential reward.

Right?

DM

21. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    You know what? I believe that "Andales79", whoever he is, is within his rights to stipulate how the car is sold. For all I know he has been instructed to act so by the owner. How many of us are familiar with the peculiar traits of some of these wealthy owners? If that is the case you'd have to respect the scenario, after all who are we to DEMAND information over the internet that is of no relevance to the majority of contributors on this forum ?
    If I were selling such a car myself I'd want the bona fides of potential buyers first, and I'd certainly not invite any Tom, Dick or Harry to my house either, I'd place the car with a trusted dealer and let the inspection be done there.
    And if I seriously wanted to buy this car, what would be so hard ? Just get off one's backside, go and see it and set up a payment scheme through an escrow lawyer payable upon safe delivery to a mutually agreeable customs agent. (i.e.Martin Button)
    I do agree you have to be careful dealing in Italy and if they won't release the car in that manner then I'd just walk. If they want to sell the car it doesn't get more guaranteed than that.
    That's my 2 bobs worth.

22. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    You are right about his absolute right to dictate terms. The problem here is quite simple however. One particular buyer, probably the most eminently qualified vintage Ferrari buyer on the planet, agreed to all of the seller's agent's conditions, booked his flight and was literally at the airport when the aforementioned agent changed everything at the last nanosecond. If it looks like a fish, smells like a fish and is as slippery as a fish, the deal is quite likely very fishy.

23. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Can a moderator please remove this thread!

24. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    This is becoming very silly and unworthy. All the bickering isn't going anywhere, and I find it amazing how a group of grown-up and sensible people start jumping up and down over probably nothing but a prank. It was funny for a bit, but the slippery slope is becoming evident.

If the seller or his broker are getting serious about it, the car will find a suitable buyer without any problems.

25. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I have been asked specifically not to close this thread by just as many folks who have posted here TO close it.

Let's do this.

Leave it open through the weekend, let everyone who has anything more to say, say it, and then we're done with this.

I do believe the car exists. I believe our "friend of the owner" is a broker trying to protect his interests. If he'd just won up to that, he'd be doing the rest of the dealers here a huge favor.

And, if he had kept his appointment, we'd probably be looking at photos of the mystery car right now.

Dave