The British Columbia Thread! | Page 332 | FerrariChat

The British Columbia Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by steve2814, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    famous black SLR Roadster and a couple DB9 Coupes in Downtown.

black Granturismo (S?) on 1st yesterday.

2. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Silver Gallardo and orange Elise on East Broadway yesterday.
    Blue 997 (face lite) and a few 997 turbos on Terminal Ave today.

3. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Silver DBS or whatever the special James Bond Aston Martin is called.

Blue Scuderia. A little underwhelming, but I didn't get a fantastic look at it. Car was LOUD! I could hear it pulling away from the stoplight a few blocks away...

4. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Awesome. I've seen a black Scuderia but not the blue one yet.

White R8 and snake green Viper in West Van tonight. also 5 Bentleys *yawn*

5. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Salar, is there a silver stripe on the Black Scuderia? Seems there is one blue and one black Scuderia in Vancouver.

6. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think it was darker grey stripes. but definitely gun metal rims and yellow calipers. Alberta plates too.

7. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Today:
    Orange LP 560-4, White R8, 930 turbo flatnose on Smithe and White Masa QP with "N" on Cambie

8. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Black R8 on Cambie, but I don't really consider them true exotics.

9. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's because they're not. Just another production model Audi with the same 4.2 liter V8 engine only placed in the middle and a cooler look.

10. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    #8285 Razzer92, Dec 5, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
    The R8 is a luxury sports car, thats pretty much it.

That V10 R8 they will be making should be nice.

11. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Well said, S.

12. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Last night in downtown

Black R8
    Black DB9 with the sports pkg
    Black Vantage Roadster

13. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    White RR phantom on Kingsway

14. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    White Gallardo Spyder ripping it in West Van tonight in rain. car sounded great entering the highway
    red 430 Spider in downtown
    dark grey R8

15. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
  16. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Linky no worky...

Black Vanquish on E.Hastings.

17. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
  18. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Doesn't look like a Granturismo S, I think that is just a 'regular' Granturismo.

19. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    I wonder what's going to happen with FMoV relocating to Burrard. I know that Ledcor's plans to build the showroom fell through (the reason why escapes me at this moment), but given the current state of affairs, I'm curious as to how this going to affect them. And on a broader scale, I wonder how the economy is going to affect London Motorcars, LoV, Weissach, etc. I can't imagine they're doing to well right now. I remember during the last economic downtown, Gentry Lane and Martin Lawrence (I *think* it was Martin Lawrence) went belly up, and the downturn prior to that, Bay City Brokers didn't survive...

20. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I agree it won't be pretty.

For what it's worth. The Gentry Lane that shut down out there was simply a satellite store for Gentry here in Toronto. This was when they used to be a Lambo seller.

21. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Just like Bay City Brokers was a satellite for Auto Lynn in Oakville.

The gentleman that headed Gentry Lane on West 4th was a close family friend. Lots of fond memories as an elementry school student being picked up in Diablos and Esprits that he would loan my father. I was definitely one of the coolest kids in school haha.

22. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ahhh, I've heard of them. I do believe the owner passed away in a tragic accident here in Toronto from what I was told. A fellow member here would know best. I certainly hope i'm wrong of course :(

23. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Well the owner of Bay City Brokers was my father (along with a partner of his whom is still alive and well), and while he did pass away, it was neither tragic nor in Toronto. Auto Lynn was owned by a family friend at the time, and from what I understand, he's still alive and kicking. Auto Lynn might have been a partnership, however (due to the sheer size of the enterprise). I have a cut out from a newspaper ad my father took out in 1989 (in the Province or whatever the local paper was at the time). There were 5 vehicles listed (Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari 328GTS, Rolls Royce Silver Spur, Lamborghini Countach, and a Porsche 930 Turbo), and the combined value of the cars exceeded $1,000,000 (this was in 1989!). Lots of memories waiting under Granville Street bridge (the dealership was located where the current Granville Island Auto Centre is located on West 4th, right beside Speaker City) for the transporter to unload a shipment of vehicles from Los Angeles. I have some photos I should scan and post up.

Sorry for reminiscing. These were good times, even for a 5 year old!

24. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Nah those are always good memories. No need to be sorry.

I do appologise for the mix up though.

25. zzoorrkk

zzoorrkk Karting

Jan 14, 2006
    Canada

My insurance agent found an internal newsletter titled Special Attention For High-Priced Vehicles.

"ICBC has identified a small number of passenger vehicles that present risks not contemplated by ADC's automated rating. To ensure accurate rating of these vehicles, ICBC's Underwriting Department will review each of these policies individually. Very few models are included in the review at this time. However, if your customer is insuring a passenger vehicle with an MSRP of over $250,000, you should advise the customer that ICBC may review the policy. Customers should be made aware that the review will usually result in an increased premium and special terms and conditions. In very rare cases, own damage coverage may be declined entirely, based on the risk exposure. Any customers whose vehicle policy is reviewed will be provided a minimum 30 days notice of any change in terms or premium. The notice period will provide time for customers to review any changes, explore other market options, or make arrangement for coverage from another insurer (in the case of declined risks). Examples of vehicles that will have their policies reviewed include: Porsche Carrera GT Convertible, Mercedes SLR McLaren 2 Door, Ferrari 612 Scaglietti 2 Door."

This article was over a year old according to my agent. I guess the Underwriter(s) are reviewing this matter case by case. By asking questions, I may have just pushed up the schedule for my car's review :(