What to do in Qatar? | FerrariChat

What to do in Qatar?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by FIGSTR, Nov 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FIGSTR

FIGSTR Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Reedley
    Full Name:
    The Figster
    Ill be in Qatar for a few days and was wondering what kinds of things i have to look forward too. Any Ferraris around?

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Figster,

About the same thing you can do in most Middle East countries...eat, shop, relax. and (in Qatar) have a beer....

Are you staying at a hotel? The club in the Marriott (outside the front door, and around the building to the right) sux... but, it's a club (mostly younger people). It was much better when it was on the top floor. The Sheraton (shaped like a pyramid) has a decent Italian resturant, and the Movenpick has ok food but a great selection of wine with dinner.

Mike in Kuwait

3. FIGSTR

FIGSTR Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Reedley
    Full Name:
    The Figster
    thanks for the info, i think we will be staying in the Marriott. Currently in Kuwait right now awaiting my flight for tonight. once again thanks

4. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    You should have called me...I'm five minutes from the airport... we could'a had a Starbucks!

Call me when you get back, if you come through Kuwait, and we'll take the car out...

Mike in Kuwait

5. mf430

mf430 Rookie

Sep 16, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    You should go the hydro-therapy pool at the Four Seasons and ,if you have time , try getting out to the dunes and doing some atv'ing.

6. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    #6 shahedc, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice... remember to take pics! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    I was there in 12/2007 and the Mövenpick was "dry"! :(

8. q8fly

q8fly Karting

Jun 29, 2007
    kuwait
    i went to qatar in april.stayed at the movenpick the new one.yup it was dry cause they said it was still new.i was there for 3 days.bought my 2007 f430 spider from there.the ferrari dealership.the guys name was joe.the night before i went to the ritz,their bar was pretty nice,i guess thats the best place to hang out at night for drinks

9. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Last time I had dinner at the Movenpick was, jeepers, three years ago... and they had a GREAT wine selection...

Times change.... thanks for the info... I'll strike that off my list of 'places with a good selection of wine for dinner' ...!

Mike in Kuwait

10. q8fly

q8fly Karting

Jun 29, 2007
    kuwait
    i'm sure he's talking about the new movenmick close to the pyramds sheraton hotel..

11. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I haven't been there since they built the new one... and only ate dinner at the old one four or five times...

Mike in Kuwait