"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale | Page 11 | FerrariChat

"Mystery" Europa GT For Sale

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by mdsaxon, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes watched it last week: truly my favorite Bond film. She had enormous class and one of those special voices...the trivia about here in IMDB.com is amusing, particulalry what her mother used to say to young boys who wanted her autograph! Lazenby did not fell like putting up with the whole aggravation that went with the role: there are interviews of him on the net: he was very candid about it and the producers were also not desperate to keep him on: no major issues I think just wasn't meant to continue....

This thread should be renamed Bond 23 the Basilicata quandary:)

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    My name is Massini...James Massini.

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'll have to watch OHMSS again. As I recall, it was one of my favorite Bond films, Lazenby aside.

4. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
  5. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    Yes i'm back
    just beacause, the car really exist and really is for sale and since 20 days i negotiated just with wasters of time, that they say to be the best classicists of Ferrari and then......................
    if really interested in the car, please go on
    a trip is not too much for people who really wants buy a car like that
    good luck and lucky will be who will have it

6. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    The new ad is interesting. Perhaps it shines a little light on the outcome of Marcel's trip?

Peter

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    anyone know what that turned up?

8. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    why did he go down their.
    "Victa lawn mower"
    shakes head , car brokers.

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Andales: just a question very respectfully: when you go for a swim at one of your wonderful southern Italian beaches, do you tie your hands and feet together and put a rope attached to a heavy rock around your neck?! I mean to say the manner in which you are going about this sale is ludicrous: important motorcars have changed hands in discrete circumstances for a century but there is a limit to how much inconvenience you can litter in the path of those who are serious and believe me there are many potential buyers here.

good luck to you and best regards,

Marc

10. andales79

andales79 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 5, 2007
    no buyers here but just wasters of time..reading and laughing
    because of, if there is someone really interesting to buy the car and above all pay 700k, anyone come to inspect the car, because of it is not a cheat, otherwise i was not here to write, i did give telephone number, and other informations on me and car
    the fact is that nobody is really interested to buy at moment and pay that money
    i even offer to them to pay ticket of flight
    A cheater do not do things like that??!!!

good luck to you and best regards,

11. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Can I also opt only for the 'ticket of flight'?

12. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    But they do. They even offer to ship the car to anywhere on the continent free of charge. I think you should either disclose serial number and further information or go away. You are wasting everybody's time including yours, but that is no problem as we too have all the time in the world! Best wishes, Kare

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ahh....

It is coming clear to me now.

The problem is not that you may be a dealer trying to sell a car without giving anyone any details about it.

The problem is that in this market, your asking price is too high. OOPS, buyers are low balling you.

That is certainly a horse of a different color.

It's not that you fail to meet your obligation as a seller by providing even minimal information to confirm that you are indeed either representing the owner or in possession of the car.

It's simply that $700K USD is too much money.

Perhaps you could clear all this up and tell us when your prospects told you that your asking price is too high. It would seem to me once the ownership of the car and its bona fides were established, that the matter of price would be the only thing left to discuss. Surely you've had some conversations then about your asking price with real buyers.

Have you established for any of your potential buyers what the serial number of the car is, and the actual location of the car? Have you provided evidence that you are in possession of the car? Have you actually had ANYONE come and look at the car and make you an offer close to your asking price?

I'm just wondering how you can establish what the price of the car should be, as a well meaning amateur helping out a friend, if you won't talk to dealers and won't provide potential buyers with even a photograph or serial number of the actual car before requiring them to send you a deposit based on your asking price?

I've known some oddly structured deals in my day, but yours takes the cake. I would have to say that price is the smallest roadblock in the way of this deal.

Hey, but what the hell do I know. I'm just a well intentioned amateur, watching from the sidelines.

DM

14. 246tasman

246tasman Formula 3

Jun 21, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Will Tomkins
    #265 246tasman, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
    I agree with you. If I wanted to buy a 250 Europa & thought the price about right (it sounds a bit high but originality can be worth a lot to the right person) I would have flown right over and taken a look.
    What's to lose but the price of a ticket?

Contrary to some if I want something I will put up with a lot of obstacles. I bought my ex 166MM Vignale competition body earlier this year from the most difficult seller (an extreme euphemism) I've ever come across, but it was well worth every stupid email/telephone conversation/ridiculous condition imposed.

15. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Andales, we are not here to waste your time. There are many wealth and enthusiastic buyers on this site. You have a beautiful car, and this is THE market for it, but it requires TRUST.

I have stayed out of this thread up to this point, but I feel that the trust that could be built is slipping away.

Andales, I believe you need to make the guys know you are real, a real and honest person.

Since you cannot post a picture of the car, I think the best thing you can do is post a CLEAR and LARGE photo of yourself.

In order for us to know it is actually you, you should be holding a sign that says something we recognize , such as my last name.

You should take a large and clear photo of your self holding a sign that has, in large letters my last name: WANKER.

In this way we will know it is really you and we will be more comfortable dealing with you.

Thanks!

Cliff Wanker

16. Arvin Grajau

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    As others have said,plenty on this site could afford/buy the car.
    its to expensive in the current climate.
    plus cloak/dagger so called broker,people can't be fiucked with that type carry on .click.

17. solofast

solofast Formula 3

Oct 8, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Maybe the problem is that the car was stolen long ago and there may be a issue with getting a clear title to the car....

If he reveals the S/N, people will start looking up the records and realize that it is a hot car. What he wants to do is get his money before the Interpol closes in and takes the car. You would have a big problem getting your money back if the owner is gone out of the country where the deal took place. Give a lot of people E700k, and they will be living in a country that doesn't have a extradition treaty with Italy in about 20 minutes after the money order is cashed....

Perhaps the car was stolen in (insert your country here, but let's say for the sake of argument) Argentina, in the late 1950's, do you think that records like that are still around, I would doubt it. There wasn't computers to track stolen cars and if there wasn't proof that the car was shipped out of the country it may not have ever been reported as stolen out of the country that it disappeared in.... It may not necessarily show up on current Interpol records as hot, but if he broadcasts the s/n, folks here are sharp enough to say... Oh, yea, 040x was stolen in Argentina in 1959... and believe me it would come to light pretty fast with as much about all of these cars that folks like Marcel know about their history.. His stuff about the car being in one persons hands for 40 years may be true, he just bought it 40 years ago, that doesn't mean it wasn't a hot car at the time....

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That's a very generous offer on your part, Mr. Wanker.

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I agree. Shows true good faith.

20. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I wouldn't normally comment in a thread of this nature unless I was interested in the car, but clearly I cannot be interested in a phantom car of which there is no proof at all of what it is, and indeed if it is even really for sale.
    But more to the point, Marcel Massini and Tom Shaughnessy have both expressed real interest in the car. They are two of the most well known vintage Ferrari experts on the planet, and they buy cars such as the one you allegedly represent, on a regular basis. You appear to have no knowledge of them or their very honorable reputations in the vintage Ferrari world. Clearly you are ignorant and uniformed. They have both requested quite simply from you, information regarding where they need to present themselves in person to see the car. You have responded with utter nonsense, requiring Mr Massini to "admit" to having sent you an email under an alias. Are you insane or something? Mr Massini could literally be at the address you say you have, within 24 hours as he is in Switzerland and is very close to even the most remote corner f Italy. Tom may need a couple of days to fly from the west coast of the USA but he too could be there quickly.
    You can say what you want, but the empirical evidence seems quite clear. You have nothing to sell. You are blowing hot air and there is quite possibly no car at all. If there is, the poor owner is being duped by you if you told him you can sell his car.
    You are also living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe that an unrestored Europa is worth anywhere close to 700,000 Euros in todays' global economic recession.
    It's probably time for you to disappear back into your troll hole. Go on now - Bzzzzt.... as Ruby Rhod would say.
    Ah.... that feels better....

21. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +11111111

22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

He has had serious offers from serious people here to buy the car. They have offered to fly and see the car, but want some proof the car exists prior to flying there. I don't think that's asking very much.

They've asked in private and in public to be provided with the simplest of evidence. Should be no biggie, but they have had all inquiries rebuffed.

That's not a serious seller.

A guy playing in this league who doesn't know of Tom or Marcel isn't a player. Hell, I'm a nobody in this stuff and I know who BOTH of those guys are, a lot of what they do and that if they called looking to buy MY car, I'd take the call. I've even spoken with one on the phone, and exchange emails with the other. Sooo.. Seems to me, both of those guys are easily accessible, and easy to confirm, and have expressed serious interest in the car.

My guess, and it's a total stab in the dark, is that andales doesn't really have the car to sell. He hopes to find a buyer, then wow the owner with a very high offer, skim himself 10% as a commission, and make the deal work bass-ackwards. Find a buyer, then turn an owner into a seller.

Otherwise, why not post serial #'s and pictures? Answer, if he posts enough info, then a serious buyer can find the car, cut him out of the deal, and he's left tugging on the tailpipe.

DM

23. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Dave thats why he needs to establish TRUST here. I would hope the community would back my idea of him showing GOOD FAITH by posting his picture, see post above^^.

24. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maybe he was in hibernation with the car?