P4 Replica .... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

P4 Replica ....

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by SupercarGuru, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Very remiss of me not to have noticed that before. :(

The eBay seller has made the 'classic' mistake in listing this P4 replica as a 'Ferrari', when in fact this car has ZERO Ferrari content. :(
    The car is of course, a (Ford-powered) Noble P4 replica. :rolleyes: Why has the seller described it as a 'Ferrari' ? :confused: .... Plain Dumb !! :D
    Ferrari seem very keen to clamp down on this kind of copyright infringement, lately, and last year, had eBay listings for both the Sbarro Tipo P4 (which is based on a 308GTS), and another (similarly mis-described) Noble P4 for sale by DIMA Automobili in Bolzona, Italy, removed - even attempting to seize the latter car.

2 days into the 10-day auction, and it's still there. Will Be interesting to see how fast Ferrari S.p.A.'s Uffico Legale move on this one. ;)

2. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #77 P4Replica, Feb 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How very remiss of me. I don't appear to have mentioned the excellent P4 replicas built by Peter Bailey, in South Africa, in this thread. :(

See: http://www.baileyedwardscars.co.za/P4.HTML

These cars are available as 'turn-key' or kit form - and can be for either track or road use.
    Cars built to date have either had Ferrari (400GT-based) V-12's or BMW 750i V-12's fitted.

Two of these cars recently competed in the Springbok Castrol Tourist Trophy 'historic' race at Zwartkops.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Hmmm. Seems they didn't bother getting this eBay listing pulled. It ran the full 10 days. :confused:

No bids (hardly surprisingly really, given the ridiculous opening bid price). :rolleyes:

However, must have created some interest, because the listing got 3850+ hits in 10 days .... which is more than this thread ! :(

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Paul, do you think stating clearly that a car is a "Ferrari Replica" makes it legal to list with the word Ferrari included?

5. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Personally - No, Scott. I always describe my own car as a 'Noble P4 replica'. Clearly, as far as Ferrari S.p.A. appear to be concerned ....
    .... use of the 'F' word, in describing such cars, is tantamount to infringement of copyright / intellectual property, etc.

If you've got 5 minutes, check out page 3 of the Sbarro P4 thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21625&page=3

There, first of all they got the listing eBay title altered, and then on the final day, they had the listing pulled ....
    .... and that car is actually based on a Ferrari 308GTS !! :rolleyes:

See also this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169921

Which makes me rather surprised that they didn't have this French eBay listing removed. :confused:

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not sure on this, but I think ebay particularly doesn't like it when you post a Ferrari replica in the regular cars section. They have a separate section for replicas and I *believe* that if you declare it there as a Ferrari replica,they'll leave it alone.

7. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Didn't you notice where that French Noble P4 was listed, Andreas ?

Listed in category: Automobiles et Utilitaires > Automobiles de Collection > Automobiles Italiennes > Ferrari

8. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    See also this thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186110 ....

.... specific to the Bailey P4 replicas in the 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' section. :)

9. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #84 P4Replica, Feb 27, 2008
    Thanks to Simon for the 'heads up'. ;)

He found this (pretty much 'stock' Renault V-6 powered) Noble P4 replica for sale in Austria while browsing www.mobile.de :

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=31786661

Andere 330 P4 " Targa " EX-Luigi Colani — EUR 124.900 Verhandlungsbasis

Yup - the seller is asking €124,900 (Euros) .... that's apporoximately $187,450 US ! :rolleyes:

I know this car well, and have it on my P4 replica register, along with most of it's previous ownership history.
    It's Noble chassis #017, and was originally built and registered in the U.K., and first imported into Austria in 1995 ....
    .... where it was given as first prize in a 'Lichts ins Dunkel' charity auction. As for Luigi Colani's involvement in it .... ;)

Simon's and mine's immediate thoughts were both: "sheer lunacy". Perhaps I should sell mine and buy a couple of real Ferraris ! :D

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    People sometimes express surprise that our cars are road-legal in the U.K. (if only sometimes marginally ;) ) ....

Often followed up by the question: 'What are they like to drive ?' :confused:

Well here's an illustration - a UK Noble P4 replica owner giving his car a little (very gentle) run around his local roads (up North).

Car is the powered by the 'stock' Renault PRV V-6 on Weber triple-chokes, with a set of original Lee Noble tubular headers, IIRC.

Makes some nice (if somewhat comparatively subdued) noises. :) See: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-242263563575820025

11. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    #86 3500 GT, Nov 2, 2008
  12. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    ooh no not again!

13. Consolr

Consolr Karting

Jun 12, 2008
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Scott MacK
    What is it? How much? What's in the engine compartment?

14. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #89 Marcel Massini, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    Complete and total fake. Moderators: Can we please have this thread moved to the replicas!! Has nothing to do in the vintage section.
    "3500 GT": 2 posts only and starting right with a fake? Oh, and don't forget to fill in your profile.
    Marcel Massini

15. ROADRUNNER3

ROADRUNNER3 Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2004
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    TIM SCOTT

Give the guy a break ........ !

www.fluidimages.co.uk

16. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    A little harsh reaction....Please be a little more gentle or we stick around with the same guys for ever....

ciao
    Oscar

ah, Tim had the same reaction, well thats 2.

17. Italiyun

Italiyun Rookie

Dec 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Trey
    The replica police have spoken. good lord

18. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    #93 P4Replica, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
    Better we move it here, please: http://www.p4replicabb.com where it might be met with a more sympathetic reception. ;)

Definately looks like 'one of mine' - clearly a Noble P4 'kit car' replica - but not one that I instantly recognise. :eek:

Or is it the ex-Jim Carpenter 308GT/4-powered Noble P4 (now fitted with a roof section), possibly ? Hmmm

Edit: Nope. His had Campagnolos fitted. This car's wheels (at least the fronts) look more like Cromadoras (to my untrained eye).

19. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Wayne. May I make a suggestion ? Move it over to 'Other Cars' (or whatever that section is called nowadays) ....

.... and splice it onto the end of this 'P4 Replica' thread: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7565

That thread could do with another bump. Ideally, that's where it belongs (if anywhere on FerrariChat). ;)

20. ferrarip4

ferrarip4 Formula 3

May 8, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Chanh Lê Huy
    Proportions are all wrong... Seems that the P4 with all her curves, is a difficult car to replicate.

I agree this thread should be merged with the replica thread...

21. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    It's true. It must be an elusive thing and easy to miss.

22. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    Mr. Massini,...sorry to have offended you. I'm not well versed in the protocall here, my error. I've been dealing with cars of all makes for 26 years. Cars from Italy are interesting; from Mr. Ferrari, more than others. I happen to appreciate the Maserati brothers philisophy and engineering more than Mr. Ferrari's. So what?

By the way, I won't be posting photos and information of the 1954 250 Europa barn find that I discovered last month. I'm sure you wouldn't be interested anyway.

Ciao!

~3500 GT .... can't we all just get along? :)

LOL!

23. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Dear P.O.
    Why don't you indentify yourself here on Ferrarichat?

Best regards

Tom Wiggers

24. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    250 Europa? Would have been the smarter choice to post instead of trolling the other one. I suspect 2nd post only because of earlier black flag?

25. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    OK, when we are dealing with the Belgium/France poster who is trying to sell his replica's I'am sorry that I defenced this guy.....But you never know. An IP will give some clues I guess but for now, show us I am wrong....(I really hope I am)
    ciao
    Oscar