Japan Grand Prix Incidents - Video Footage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Japan Grand Prix Incidents - Video Footage

Discussion in 'F1' started by 07F430Spider, Oct 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    But you continue to ignore the fact that SB would not have hit Massa if he had stayed on the inside. SB came over to hit Massa. He was far from the curbs when he contacted Massa who was ahead.

2. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #27 Ney, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Of course he was able to "get to the curbing with ease". He started out on it from corner entry at the same speed as Massa. In F1 or club racing physics dictates that his speed and position would have resulted in SB going very high in the middle of the corner and pushing FM off had he not bounced off of him. The issue of whether FM is WDC material is a complete other matter and only clouding the issue. FM was on the preferred line, but could have left a bit more room.

So tell me again how SB was on the curb.......
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

At the point of contact, he had come off the curb. What's your point?

Yes, Bourdais was on the curb at entry.

Racing you guys would be easy:

Want to pass, b-mak? Why, of course, you may have this corner. Next time I'll slow down on the straight for you!

4. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  5. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    didn't Massa have to serve a drive thru penalty after that exchange? So what is the issue?

6. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    #31 Ney, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    The point is that SB had room to the inside and was behind FM at the point of contact, directly negating your comment that the corner was SB's. Apparently the stewards saw it that saw way too. If you bounce off the rear half of the guy on your outside and spin him, you can expect a penalty, just as Massa received when he spun LH. I have been in this situation and spun the driver that is closing the door and I have spun myself backing out of the gap that was closing without contact. The later often ended better.

Not really. I'm happy to nudge you into a spin too and then have you argue with the stewards of the meet that the corner was really mine and that I should receive not penalty. :p:D

7. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Agree 100%

8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The room Massa had to his left could fit 2 trucks round as well without touching Bourdais, I have never in my life seen a penalty for a infraction like that a horrendous call.
    LH overtakes Kimi @ SPA gives him spot back wins race,get's trophy then gets it taken off him giving Massa 7 points, for nowt. Massa goes off track T bones Lewis, smashes into Bourdias and gets awarded a move up the grid

Kin hell talk about being blinded by red, give me some of them glasses!! or Pete send some of that hash.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yep and at the same time they give Lewis one, for what!! locking his wheels up, the same penalty as going off the track and crashing into a car and putting at the back of the grid!! just happens to be the car that is beating him to the WDC, get real imagine it was Jenson he T boned, you'd want his balls on a plate.

10. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  11. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    thats the way I saw it

12. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Am I the only one who likes this track? I always thought Suzuka was a little overrated. Granted, I don't drive it. But Fuji reminds me a little of a throwback track.

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    HA HA apply for a stewards job then your fit in just fine.

14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    to be fair steve, his move was incredibly optimistic and he caused half the front runners to completely run off the road. i'm not saying 'oh it was a dangerous move, someones rabbit could get hurt', its more so that he effectivly ruined a couple of competitors race & championship hopes by making them run very wide and lose a lot of places (I believe kimi fell back to 7th and heikki to 4th?).

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Bas I agree, total stupid move taking into account the overall percentage game for winning the WDC, I can't believe he can't see the bigger picture, total red mist AGAIN.

It's not like it's a uncommon thing locking up like that in the 1st corner, I have seen FA do it loads of times, LH must hold a record for the 1st to be given a penalty for it though, I maybe wrong though.

To be honest what gets me is that all the problems and heated debates stem from one perverted source's doorstep and I'm sick real sick of it.

I hate to see any driver do there best and get shafted.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    absolutely agree. I felt absolutely gutted for bourdais after the race. Even if he's french...

17. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    "As F-1 Turns"

18. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    #44 cig1, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    Oh, the horror ... and he did all this without touching anyone

Don't hate the player, hate the game

G

19. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    running the competition off the road is NOT racing. Don't blame the game, blame the ones who don't play by the rules and ethics of racing.

20. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Your still ignoring the fact the SB came across to hit Massa and SB has the obligation to renter the race safely. As for racing me....Put us in equal cars at Mosport and try it.

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ok, let me put it another way: Forcing people of the track (so that THEY have to run of the road to avoid a collision) is punishable. Locked tires or not, this was the case. Same as with schumacher in monaco...he spins out, blocks traffic and in affect gets pole, which then gets stripped of because he blocked the rest from setting a fast lap. Some say it was an accident, some say it wasnt. whatever the case, it happend and he had to start from the back. Some find the thing what lewis did at fuji was him panicking, others find lewis just wanted to block half the field so he could run away with another victory. Whatever the case, people where run of the road and lost a lot of positions.

22. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Any time you want.

We could do it in one of my race cars, if you wish, or, if you prefer, yours.

What are the stakes and what's your availability?

23. SpeedPak

SpeedPak Rookie

Oct 10, 2007
    As B-mak's team mate and car owner I fully support this battle royal. I am curious to see if b-mak can live up to the hype. Lets crown one of you king of mosport!

I have 2 race cars to choose from. Both are civic hatchbacks. One of them is def. faster than the other car. What I propose is that you set up the track-time and date, and I'll provide both cars for a little wheel to wheel action.

I'll even go one further and mandate that b-mak our 'B' car, that should give you a significant advantage.

Both cars have full data collection systems and camera systems to document the event.

We can discuss format and race length here.

I look forward on you letting me know what date to have the cars at mosport.

-faisal

www.pakexp.com

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Watch the replay here, you can slow the film speed right down, I'm still not sure whether HK hit Kimi, but HE is the one responsible for pushing kimi off the track NOT LH, please remove blinkers before watching!!

LH locked up shot straight of the track in front of all the cars, if he is guilty of anything it is playing follow my leader into the run off IMO.

http://www.formula1.com/services/play_video.html