problems ordering from Ferr Parts | FerrariChat

problems ordering from Ferr Parts

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 308 milano, Sep 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Guys, I really don't want to burn any bridges with suppliers but I need to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with Ferr Parts.I never had a problem with Lyle Tanner Ent. but when he closed his doors and everyone said that Ferr Parts would provide the same great service I thought I might as well try them out. I have ordered six times and six times they have screwed it up! Either the part is wrong or its not shipped. I ordered a 2 foot piece of 14mm cloth hose two months ago and have yet to recieve the correct piece. Oh, and no invoice 99% of the time, so I never know what I've paid until I get my visa statement. Called one day to see what was charged because I was missing $1800.00. Wondering if its just me?

2. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Have used them many times in the past few months, with only one problem that I recall, although I usually specify the part no. I need. Great prices, but takes 1-2 wks if the part is not in stock. I sometimes have not rec'd an invoice, but rec'd one my last order, so perhaps they're getting this worked out after merging with Lyle Tanner. Sounds like you're having a run of bad luck, but as I say, I try to specify the part no. I need if at all possible. I'd certainly discuss it with them.

3. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    WIth all do respect to daniel we stay off the threads. Hes your lead sponsor for a reason.
    Kim you had originally got the wrong stuff sent from lyle and We have been trying to get
    get you the correct cloth hose. "I Reemed the staff" and this Stuff can not be good For business and
    can not happen. I can assure you as the proper thing to do, I told them to send it for Free when you
    called upset the other day. WE are not the end all be all of Parts but Have been another needed source and
    try to Do the Proper pricing.
    Please PM me and Ill give you my Personal number. Call me and Ill More then STEP UP and take care of it
    Or anybody that Is Due that.

4. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Just got off the phone with Russ and he assured me things would be better between myself and Ferr Parts. To be clear, none of these parts were ordered from Lyle, they were orderd FROM Ferr Parts and I was told they were being pulled out of newly accuired stock from Lyle Tanner. Either way I appreciate the call from Russ! I'm not looking for "free parts", post was born out of frustration and amazment, we'll try a fresh start and see how things go. Thanks Again Russ for the call! Kim

5. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    #5 BwanaJoe, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
    I hadn't realized they'd been sold. I've dropped an email and a phone call inquiring about used parts and haven't heard back.

Russell, it sounds like you are the new owner, is that correct?

6. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    yes, IF you call me Ill make sure your handled. Again, we stay off the threads as ricambi being
    the Title sponsor.. We have been quite overwhelmed with 2 websites and 5 full time staff is Still
    not enough. don-pat-kathy-puno-tim and myself.

7. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Business must be good. What is the Recambi connection here?

8. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    I have purchased many thousands of dollars in used parts from Lyle Tanner and now Ferr Parts. I haven’t had any problems with Ferr Parts. I’m not sure if you had part numbers when ordering. That makes life much easier.
    What’s most important is that your buying from someone who will return you your money if not completely satisfied. Not everyone is so accommodating.

9. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I believe Russell is trying to minimize FerrParts' presence on this forum out of respect for Ricambi's sponsorship.

Thumbs up for consideration and good will. :)

10. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    TONY---- YOU ARE 100000 PERCENT CORRECT. You hit it on the HEAD.. WE LOVE the BUSINESS from the forum and
    Are Not perfect but DANIEL DOES Deserve the orders as He pays the Big sponsor Fee
    and Works hard for the forum chatters. His customer service is Great and we look up
    to Him for this..

11. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Richard Hello! Its bulk hose, 14mm, measure the inside diameter and cut it off the roll, doesn't get much easier than that. Either way, after talking to Russ I'm sure things will change. I truely understand growing pains! Post was never ment to "trash" Ferr Parts, just wanted to know if others were having an on going problem and if so shed some light on situation to get it changed.

12. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Threads like this are great---Glad to see the customer will get his parts and the seller has made things right!! Great job Ferrparts!!!

13. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    #13 irondogmike, Sep 10, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
    I've been very lucky to live in Sacramento,where Lyle Tanner and Russ are both in my neck of the woods I've been at Lyles for many things just a 35min drive from my house,then I met Russel and Patrick,and saw the warehouse of parts,boy what a set up,and in the front a nice office with busy phones ring like crazy,I get all my parts there and I have some on order now,I hope you all will be patient with ferrparts,with taking on lyles inventory and stocking ferrparts everything needs to be entered in the computer and just one number off of the p/n and cause the wrong thing shipped off,:):)

14. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Thank-you Ferr Parts!!!! Thank you Puno!! Recieved the part this afternoon and everything is sweeet! started my QV today after being torn apart for 3 months! Glad to have this service behind me.

15. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Talked with them yesterday about a fuel tank and some misc trim parts. They are very busy but were great guys to deal with over the phone. I should be receiving the parts on Monday.

16. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Just as a follow up to the previous post. The fuel tank showed up overnight and was perfect. It was also half the price of the next available fuel tank!