Hamilton : It won't Happen Again **Spoiler** | FerrariChat

Hamilton : It won't Happen Again **Spoiler**

Discussion in 'F1' started by cantsleepnk, Aug 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cantsleepnk

cantsleepnk Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_3909127,00.html

Monday 4th August 2008

Lewis Hamilton has vowed that Felipe Massa won't overtake him again after the Ferrari driver made him eat his words by forcing his way past his startled McLaren rival at the start of the Hungarian GP.

Expected to cruise to victory, Hamilton was overtaken for the lead of the race by Massa's muscular driving as they approached the second corner side-by-side.

"I had one of my best ever starts but Felipe had an even better one. I covered my ground on the inside. He locked up and then turned, I thought we were going to touch, so I slowed down even more. But he still pulled it off and I lost a place. It won't happen again," reflected a chastened Hamilton afterwards.

The Englishman's annoyance - if not embarrassment - will have been made all the more acute by his comments after the German GP two weeks ago when Massa was criticised for offering feeble resistance to Hamilton during his charge to victory.

"He didn't defend very well," Hamilton said at the time. "All I know is that if it was the other way around then he wouldn't have got past."

How Hamilton must have rued those words this weekend.

.......... and then he basically goes and says the same BS again like he LET Massa by.

2. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Now you go and spoil a perfectly good post by adding your bit of fictitious BS at the end:rolleyes:

3. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    The Englishman's annoyance, or arrogance?

4. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    FYI I enjoy watching Hamilton but he needs to STFU.

5. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Some confuse arrogance with confidence;)

6. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    I prefer quiet confidence.

7. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Out of interest, like what other driver? Point one out and i will give you an example of them not Shutting TFU after an incident;) They all have somthing to say because we would not be very happy if they all just STFU now would we.

8. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    That quote from an American :DLOL!!!! Yea right:rolleyes:

9. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Kimi Raikkonen.

10. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    Hey you got me on that one:( He is the most uninteresting boring driver on the grid. That IMO should not even be driving for Ferrari.

11. wheredidtheygo

wheredidtheygo Karting

Jan 23, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Michael C.
    LH has a big mouth.. That mouth says things his body can't always deliver. He will be passed again by Massa and many other drivers.. Live with it.. Your still a great driver and fun to watch but lose the mouth.. I hope NP passes him on the next race and with style.. That should give him something to reflect on..

12. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Oh well, ten posts and already time to ignore this thread...

13. cantsleepnk

Dec 29, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Nick

No problem mate. Like I said I really enjoy watching Hamilton drive but he really shouldn't be saying stuff like that because it will happen again and he'll have to eat his words again. :)

14. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    #14 tactical, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    Cant wait for him to win the WC again and again and again:D I want him to be even more out spoken and make controversial statements. Bottom line is that we love characters in all sports because it makes for good news and slanging matches:D
    Its great when a driver says whats on his mind, it does not often happen. I used to love Eddie Irvine for speaking his mind and at times putting his foot into his mouth:D
    And if the old Ferrari V maclaren wars are to continue. Then i think its great that we have an out spoken so called bad guy in the Maclaren team;)

15. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Hamilton is one of the few drivers who actually plays mind games.... I love it!

Telling Massa "it won't happen again".

LOL - from what I understand, Hamilton and Massa are very friendly with each other. I'll wager Felipe isn't 1/10th as offended as most Ferrari folks are.

16. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    #16 tactical, Aug 4, 2008
    Exactly right that:) I mean when Massa was kidding around in the qualifying press conference as mates do.
    There were even threads on this section taking what he did seriously and dissecting its meaning with Froid like determination:rolleyes: this is not a war guys its sporting fun.
    How would we feel about a world championship fight if both boxers did not give any interviews or had a closed door weigh ins. And straight after the fight just left the building with out talking to the fans;)

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i doubt both of them have any ill feelings towards each other. it's racing, no one is bound to be perfect all season. just recall, how Massa congratulated Hammi on the podium 2 weeks ago. also, there's no bad blood between Massa & Fred.

18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Now you've gone too far. Lewis hamilton is no Eddie Irvine. Lewis Hamilton is no James Hunt. Lewis Hamilton is not even Tony Stewart. Lewis Hamilton needs to shut his mouth, probably stop listening to his father, and start taking direct responsibilities for his own faux pas.

Raikkonen had a bad qualifying lap at Hungary, and without any ands, ifs, or buts, he admitted this DIRECTLY, he made a mistake. Hamilton would have blamed the track surface or something stupid. Hamilton is an immature kid that needs to grow up and be what most of thought he would be prior to all his BS excuses of late that have even annoyed the press. The original post of this thread is the typical news release we now see, bascially slamming Hamilton. Last year all you read was praise.

When Hamilton is in a slower car for whatever reason, and a faster car comes up, just watch as he allows that car to go by easily. If he doesn't and fights he would be penalized, if he does, he is being smart. Which is all Massa did a few weeks ago. Hamilton's comments about Massa rightfully came back to bite him in his immature ass.

If you can't admit Hamilton has become a wanker in the making, you aren't being honest. I hope the kid grows up, stops talking stupid, and wins a WDC with the likeable personality we all saw last year.

19. tactical

tactical Guest

Jan 23, 2008
    #19 tactical, Aug 4, 2008
    No, LH will be bigger and better than Eddie and James. Time will show this IMO. And if he is no Eddie or James as you said and not me. Then i sure hope he says alot more than they ever did.
    Regarding a so called "likeable personality", remember what they were saying about MS in his early days both before and with Ferrari? Boy how memories are small.

20. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    #20 gsjohnson, Aug 4, 2008
    So, you must be a Danica Patrick fan then?

21. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    DING DING round freaking 2 ..

Funny really the same folk crawl out as normal with the same old bile.

22. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah it's the usual suspects. Funny how they get all high and mighty, when he and Massa are actually friends. You think F1 drivers actually give a crap about this? This is just fodder to keep the "fans" chatting.

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Good post Jim. The funny thing is that Hamilton and Massa actually get along.

24. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    I'm confused! I was never impressed by Eddie Irvine's driving ability, nor his attitude. I know it was a few years ago, and my aging memory is starting to fail me, but wasn't Irvine pretty lousy driving the Ferrari? I'm open to correction on this. Now I liked James Hunt. He was a character and not quite as abbrasive as Irvine - never seemed to take life too seriously, the classic race driver Playboy (as was Irvine). He was a fun guy and a fun driver, but not the best. I was sad when he died, but I think his partying caught up with him in the end.
    They are totally different people when compared to LH. I would say LH seems to have more natural ability, and his attitude nowhere near as abbrasive as thiers. I would speculate he may end up being more successful than both of them too. I actually prefer Hamilton's attitude to Alonso's, but perhaps Kimi's, Phil's and Heiki's are better than both of them (most of time) . They are all aggressive race car drivers, and with that has to come a lot of self-confidence, which can sometimes come across as arrogance.
    Just my opinions, and I don't happen to personally know any of them, so my opinions are based on the snapshots that the various media outlets choose to offer up.

25. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    rue? sensationalistic garbage. another reason not to read planet-f1.