MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME | Page 51 | FerrariChat

MAX MOSLEY BUSTED BIG TIME

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tonyh, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    This thread has been going on for too long..

2. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    The only thing that's been going on for too long is Mosley still being in office. I suspect that this thread will continue as long as he's there.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ha ha.. same thing.

I wouldn't like to take on Bernie and his cash cow, IMO this rift will continue, and we may still yet see the demise of Max in one form or the other. The damage has been done, it remains to be seen whether Max can be seen to have any creditability left.

It will depend on who has the balls, to stand up and be counted in open confrontation.

4. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Whatever turn's you on mate....last time I looked it was whip's they carried.

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    But Mark, just because someone hasn't heard of Max doesn't mean they don't care about it. I am sure there are lots of scandals I don't know about, but just being ignorant of the facts doesn't mean they are in favor of Mosley staying on. I would venture a guess that most people, if presented with what Max did and what the reaction was, and what his position entrails, would agree he should step down.

As far as the % of FIA votes that don't care, you are obviously correct on that, as Max won the vote. However in terms of the quantity of people, it would seem an overhwelming majority (as represented by their clubs) do care, because 85% of the membership number's representatives were in favor of him going.

If your point is "most people don't care" as in most don't know/care about F1 and Mosley, then you are right - because they don't know. But Max's position is only relevant amongst those of us who know what he does and how it relates to motorsport, and amongst that group, it seems the vast majority are in favor of him going. If you look at the responses on this thread, it seems to sort of mimic the FIA members vote, 8 or 9 out of 10 feel he should go.

The sad part is I bet this will have repercussions.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Stella Artois, shaken, not stirred please.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Better send me your address Andreas :)

Don't worry, it's going UPS - it will be well shaken when it arrives, I am sure. Better to leave it sitting for a day to unshake before opening :)

8. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    #1258 DAYTONASME, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
    How long before factions rise up (ADAC?) and create either a European Federation of Motorsport or a breakaway movement with a global remit?

I think even BE sees that a divided motorsport community is not in everyone's best interest - manufacturer, promoter or god forbid the punter on the gate spending their "hard earned", need to make a stand.

In the UK, whilst the BRDC (British Racing Drivers Club) did make a stand, interestingly our governing body the RACMSA "sat on the fence".

Madmax has achieved much and his roots in March F1 attest to his commitment to the sport, but the allegations remain and in the commercial world as a CEO of a company he would have been looking for a new job weeks ago.

At least Ari Vatanen or Jean Todt would have conducted themselves in a professional manner

Yesterday remains a "black day" for all involved in motorsport.

9. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I think this will happen and it will happen quite quickly. By Christmas Max will still be the Head of the FIA, but the FIA will be a pretty irellevent organisation. I hope that Max will see sense and step down when he sees the damage his staying will do. That is my hope, but the evidence from the last few months tells me that this is unlikely to happen and he'd rather let the FIA collapse than step down.

Very true :(

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well I would say it is time to close this thread.....

11. anguruso

anguruso Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Hong Kong/Sydney
    Full Name:
    Angus Cheng
    Good to know.

I have only been watching F1 since Australia 2006 and I don't understand all this hatred towards Max Mosley. He dealt with the Spy Scandal pretty well last year. Even before he had his fun with some hookers people have been calling for his head, where did it begin?

12. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Fair enough.

The only think I'll add relates to posts on this thread and it's that the f-chat group polls quite differently from the US on most political opinion types of issues, i.e. not religious but very conservative.

As I said earlier, the F1 fans I personally know don’t care about Max’s hookers and I suspect that is probably true beyond the people I know. Anyone I’ve ever explained the situation to just laughs and the only place I’ve seen shock or outrage is here on f-chat…..but that could just mean I don’t get out enough and have warpped friends :)

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well the bet is that he has to be in power by the end of the year. We got another 6 months to go, although I really don't think anything will change.

But there is always the chance that he gets hit by a bus. A Mercedes bus. :)

14. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    For me, it was the hybrid car and engine rules changes. The family history did not help much, either.

15. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I'm pretty sure the hybrid thing was just marketing speak for requiring an on-board starter and allowing it to be used during the race.....which isn't really a bad idea IMO. I'm not sure I like the 2 race engien, 4 race trans, engine freeze, spec ecu and a number of other changes, but the teams did agree to them all as I understand it so they must believe it's a good idea.

The one that blew my mind and had me tuning out was the 1 set of tires rule. That was just plain silly.

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    IMHO cost cutting in F1 is like F'ing for virginity.

17. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Because he's another tinpot dictator. Because he's been dragging down F1 from the sport I grew up loving with his pathetic rules changes. Because everything is done by confrontation. Because the so-called rules are applied differently from one week to the next. Because he makes up the rules, applies them wiliy-nilly and then ignores them when he feels like it ("bringing the sport into disrepute" anyone?). Because he's yet another politician/lawyer who spends all his time telling everyone why he's right and none at all listening to anyone else. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

Jonathan

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You are SO on the money with your post. I wish it was mine. :)

The history of his dictatorship is full of examples, to name just a few: Ratzenberger, Minardi's V10 exception, barge board ruling, no tire change ruling, USGP05, Mass damper ruling, Stepneygate, 100 million fine, engine freeze.

I could live with the fact that he is a lawyer and not from the sport (although he was team co owner a couple of times) if he had the right attitude about it. You don't have to be an engineer to come up with fair and level headed rules and rulings. But he doesn't listen to anybody but himself and makes bone headed decisions on the fly.

19. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1 If you could remember them all, you could equal this thread with his Blackmailing bullsh!t.

But the one thing that get's me is, that anyone who dare's to question him, is toast.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    How do you think did he survive the June 3rd voting.

21. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    And now everyone in F1 is lining up behind him and puckering.

22. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, he knew all along it would go that way, and so did you by all account's, so all we can hope for is that the stir it has caused rumble's on and pressure keep's mounting, but ..alas enjoy your beer...:)

23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Enough to make me puke...:(

24. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Turn away from the keyboard.

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    If only my predictions regarding Alonso and Ferrari would be as accurate...;)