Cannon Beach PDX Driving Group? | FerrariChat

Cannon Beach PDX Driving Group?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Steve, Apr 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Hey! I am coming to Cannon Beach this year, but will be in Portland on Friday the 2nd, so won't be able to drive down with the Seattle group like I usually do (sorry guys - Ted's gonna have to be lone wild-man this time).

Is there a PDX group that is leaving on Friday and driving out to the coast together? I'll be bringing the F40 (breaking in the new exhaust!), and would LOOOOOOOVE to drive as part of a pack. I can leave no earlier than noon, and 1PM or later would be ideal. Is anyone in PDX organizing such a group?

Thanks in advance!

2. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I think I'm going...so I'm in !!! Now I just need the dates...LOL...Count me in.

Kevin

3. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Steve,

I am sure some people will come down later but the main group leaves around 10:00am every year for the drive from Portand to the coast. Bringing the F-40 I assume? I can help you wash it this time if I need too. LOL

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I'm planning on going to the event! 365 or Boxer, hmm, probably go vintage this time.

Maybe enough people will see me that I can get added to the owner's forum!

5. FerrariGuy2007

FerrariGuy2007 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2007
    Beaverton, Or
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Smith
    When you guys drive from pdx where are you all going to leave from?? Are you all going to meet someware or what?

6. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    There will be a Portland group drive on Friday. Details in the current club newsletter.

7. FerrariGuy2007

Mar 12, 2007
    Beaverton, Or
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Smith
    Problem there since I have not joined the club just yet I don't get the news letter

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

Join the club. Problem solved.

9. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    :)

10. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny
    Steve,

We can PM you the detials, like Mike stated there will probably be a few groups leaving at different times...

Sonny.....

11. F355 Spider

F355 Spider Formula 3

Jun 21, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Sonny

Very easy to do!!!

12. oregonferrari

oregonferrari Karting

Aug 5, 2006
    Welches Or.
    Full Name:
    Shawn and Cindy
    Are we looking at Newport Bay parking lot off hwy 26 like last year ? Maybe the Iceman will post .

13. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Cool. I can't make a 10am departure. I'll be leaving Seattle at approx 9am and heading down I-5 for a stop in Vancouver, and then I'm good to go. So if anybody's up for a 12:30-1PM departure, count me in! Even one or two other cars in a group makes the drive way more fun. This will be my co-pilot's first Ferrari road trip, so I want to make it... um... "memorable" for her. ;)

SJ

14. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Steve, if circumstances were a bit different, it would have been fun to drive down with you. Imagine.......two F40s side by side? Oh what a sight that would have made. :)

15. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Kuzi:

Are you going to Cannon Beach? If so, you sure I can't convince you to drive down to PDX with me Friday morning and then drive together from PDX to Cannon Beach? First of all, we could have our own little mini-trip down to PDX, and then with 2 F40s making the run from PDX to the coast, I'm sure at least a few of the PDX crew would be willing to wait for us and have a slightly later departure time. That would be so cool!!!

SJ

16. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I couldn't agree with you more on how "cool" that would be. However I can't make it this year. I should have brand new twins at home right around that time. So I'm going to be a bit preoccupied ;) You can bet we'll have to get the F40s together sometime in the not too distant future. I'm sure if Tim is around we could get him in on it as well.

17. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    I'm an FCA member, but drive a modded WRX. Do the cool kids mind if I tag along for the drive?

Also, I understand that there is a charity auction on Saturday night, and I may have some fine art items to donate to the cause... who do I contact about this?

Thanks, and see you all soon,

Tad

18. FerrariGuy2007

Mar 12, 2007
    Beaverton, Or
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Smith
    Once i get my Child Support under control then I will be able to join the Ferrari Club.

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    And/or Steve J.:p:p

20. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    The place and time will not be posted on line as it for Club members only. Steve at RTGT will be able to give details.

Mike

21. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking

No problem Tad all club members are invited. Contact Steve Wintermantle for details at RTGT

22. Tad Cody

Tad Cody Formula 3

Sep 9, 2006
    Over here!
    Full Name:
    Take a guess...
    Thanks, Mike.

-Tad

23. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Please read the owners manual to make sure that you follow all "break in" procedures for the new co-pilot -- last thing you want is a broken co-pilot!! ;-) :D :D

24. ST&A

ST&A Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2007
    Lake Stevens
    Full Name:
    Sid Thayer
    +++100 LMAO

25. KingPinBryan

KingPinBryan Rookie

Apr 3, 2008
    Tualatin
    Full Name:
    Bryan Friend
    Hmm Sounds Fun I would love to Go I will have to get the supercharger finished up on the 300C and Maybe see if we can Meet up and have a good time