Looking for a 88.5-91 Testarossa | FerrariChat

Looking for a 88.5-91 Testarossa

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by blown daytona, Mar 30, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I am looking for a 88.5 - 91 TR with less than 20K miles in excellent condition. I live in Southern Maryland (originally from Lake Ronkonkoma) and am trying to find one within reasonable driving distance. Hoping someone out there knows someone who has lost interest or is trying to free up garage space. Thanks in advance for any leads anyone can provide.

2. jafo

jafo Karting

May 5, 2006
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Shawn F. Ridilla
    You can checkout www.RaycoEuro.com as they are located in Pa (south of Scranton). they have an 88 1/2 Testarossa available. It looks in very good condition. Speak with Phil, they are good to deal with.

Shawn

3. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

There is a thread in the TR section titled "I am writing a book" and it is about an F-Chatter in South Carolina who is currently trying to sell his Testarossa. The F-Chatter is LRPMAN and his TR looks immaculate. Shoot him a PM and talk to him about his TR. And South Carolina is not that far of a drive from southern Maryland! Talk to LRPMAN, hop a flight down here to check it out, and if you make a deal, DRIVE IT BACK HOME :) !!!

4. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
  5. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Thanks for the leads, I am already familiar with both of these cars. Pa car is over my mileage limit of 20K and LRPMAN is alittle out of my travel radius for the time being. Please keep the leads coming. Thanks Again

6. rr87

rr87 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2007
    Europe
    There is a white one for sale in Greenwich, CT at Carriage House Motor Cars with only 5k miles! If you're interested you should call them.

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    there is a yellow cream with 3K miles at foli

8. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I had a written purchase agreement , gave them my credit card & drivers license,on the yellow one at Ferrari of LI. As my body man got there to give it an inspection ( I had made travel plans for the next business day to perform the PPI) they sold it out from under me. I guess ethical behavior is not understood by them. However bodyman said it was a nice car (8.5 on a scale of 10.) Ive been looking hard for the last couple of months and am coming to realize this may take a while(not buying a regular kind of car).Please keep the leads coming.

9. rr87

rr87 Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2007
    Europe
    You're right...sometimes to find the right car might take a long time. To find a car with the interior/exterior color I wanted took more than 6 months and it's not a Super Car...Now Imagine finding a Ferrari Testarossa?! It's a rare car and should take a while or maybe not. Anyway Good luck

10. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Sorry for your end but I understand their end. I have reached the end of reason with the BUYERS stringing me on till they sell there cars. I hate to say it but the Ferrari market is like the housing market. You must have your house sold to close on another. With the money on Ferrari's the new person needs to have their car SOLD and the money in the bank.
    The end result is what you had happen they took the money in hand OR it was an INSIDE DEAL one or the other.

11. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unless you're a collector, I'd be skeptical of a 20 year old car with 3k miles, even if it is legit.

12. wildegroot

wildegroot Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 19, 2003
    Frenchtown NJ
    Full Name:
    Wil de Groot
    If you're willing to look at a 91 TR with 29.000 miles we have a nice one for sale in central west Jersey (3 hours from Baltimore). We have receipts for recent major service, clutch and brake work. Factory seat belt recall was done also.

Wil

13. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    Mine sold for $71,000.00 and has been paid for and delivered. Buyer is VERY happy. Thought it was a good deal and even had a mechanic look the car over. Hope this is a trend of getting a fair price for a good car.
    Good luck in your search.