best places to eat in charlotte nc | Page 2 | FerrariChat

best places to eat in charlotte nc

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by aja, Feb 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvnhp

luvnhp Rookie

Dec 25, 2006
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Brian Syphard
    Try Ilios Noche on Providence Rd.. It is great Greek/Italian, but not over the top $ or stuffy. Del Frisco's, chain or not, is hard to beat.

2. rcsmithiii

rcsmithiii Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Rufus Smith
    For Greek, try The Greek Isles. It is on Bland Street between South Blvd and Tryon. Family owned and the food is wonderful.

3. Stump

Stump Rookie

Apr 12, 2007
    The Carolinas
    Hand's down. best burger in Charlotte, Brooks Brothers Sandwich House. ( not 4 star)

4. naroescape

naroescape Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    anyone that likes a good burger should try them at Providence Road Sundries....the best in town and probably the only one that will do medium rare. and don't give me any of that ecoli BS...been eating burgers like that for 35 years here and up in NJ and never got sick. PRS is kind of a dive, but a fun local beer and great food joint.

Also, a great Italian restaurant, Arooji's Wine Room. One around Southpark, the other at the corner of 485 and Providence Rd. Steve Arooji is a great guy, loves his wines, and loves his food. I like the Providence Rd location best, you feel like you're sitting in a huge wine vault. (in fact, probably going there tonight)

Other of our favorite nicer places - in no particular order:

Red Rocks - everything
    Manzetti's - everything
    Upstream - seafood
    Blue - kind of everything
    Luce - Italian
    Firebirds (the one on Rae Rd, not impressed with the one at Northlake Mall) - a little of everything
    Mickey & Mooch - steaks
    McIntosh - steaks
    Sullivan's - steaks
    LaPaz for Mexican
    Providence Cafe - not to be confused with Providence Sundries - everything

....yeah, we eat out a lot....

5. RedShft

RedShft Rookie

Mar 27, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    +1 for The Penguin! The big block burger is off the hook! Not a classy place, but a lot of character. I think they still sell 24oz domestics in the can for $2.

Also Brix is good. It's a brick oven pizzeria uptown, and there is also one in Cornelius.

6. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Common, Bob. Didn't Nadine tell you all about the famous Hibachi Grill on Independence??? That's high class!

7. naroescape

naroescape Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Bob Saville
    yeah, she said you're a regular there! I guess that's where you are when you're pretending to work all day, huh??;)

8. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Nah, I'm usually running around to Walter Mitty meetings and checking out cars at various dealerships. When are you finally going to get me a 959??? I'll drop off the M3 as a deposit.