Famous Owners of 400 series | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Famous Owners of 400 series

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by fez1238, Dec 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Cher might have owned one, but the only Ferrari of hers I've ever seen pix of was a 246 Dino. The car her boyfriend almost mowed down a bunch of reporters with was a black 750iL BMW.

Best regards,
    Dino

2. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Cher's 246 Dino was a strange turquoise color.

Jeff Kennedy

3. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Probably had George Barris paint it for her.

Al

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Great thread...!

Do you or did you own 52533 at one point...?

5. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    Yeah, I think that's mine. I told Dave a long time ago about the George Hamilton connection, and he obviously remembered. As far as it having been in a flood, I rather doubt it. It's perfectly sound. I use it every day.

6. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    I just checked. It' s not mine. I'm 23613. Mine is one of the earlier Series 1 cars. I believe it was owned by Alexander Hamilton.

7. ricar116

ricar116 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Full Name:
    Rick Carr
    Of the $10 dollar bill fame?

8. billg

billg Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2006
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Bill Grady
    Yes

9. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Michael Winner - Film Director (death Wish etc) / restaurant critic / Jimmy P's Neighbour, 400i............now would this put up the value or lower it :)

10. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    I have just chanced upon this thread. fez1238, I am sorry to tell you that your car originally had a black interior and black carpets. It, and two others, were presents from Fiat/Ferrari following The Rolling Stones doing an advert for Fiat. Yours was new in March 83 and registered on Italian tax free plates EE98451. It was imported into the UK, but taxes were never paid on it so after a year it was exported to the South of France. It must have been embarrasing Customs and Excise turning up at Bill Wyman's house to try and collect the taxes !! By 22 May 1985, the car must have been back in the UK as taxes were then paid on it to the tune of £5,596.25. On 29 January 1985 this car and the other two, one of which belonged to Mick Jagger (more to follow) were offered for sale to me. Asking price for yours was GBP £25,000. I was then working for a company called 'Supercar' which is now no more, I now work for myself. In April 85, I brokered the car to the then relatively unknown film producer, Eric Fellner (google him) and he paid GBP £22,500 for it. It was around this time that Bill Wyman was dating Mandy Smith; when Eric collected the car he came to see me in it, the inside had a lot of long blonde hair in it. I lost track of it after that.

The car that Mick Jagger had was left hand drive, chassis number 44897. It was azzuro blue with dark blue (VM3282) inside. His was registered EE98450. In April 1985 this car was sold by us to a car dealer friend in Dallas, Texas for GBP £26,000. It has 3,500 recorded, not sure if it was miles or kms. It was collected from Jagger's house in France and shipped to Dallas from Antwerp.

I don't know anything about the third 400, or which of them had it.

Hope this is of some help.

Mark Shannon

www.markshannon.net

11. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim

Cher also had a black 365\GTB4 Spyder, I saw it at a show in the 80's

12. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    #62 fez1238, Feb 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mark

Thankyou so much for taking the time to post this information. Im looking at the sales/warranty document now and its dated 21/3/83 so you are spot on. (picture below). The C/No. is 45005 if this confirms things further.

Im not concerned about the colour change to the leather as I think the blue on blue is better and lightens up the cabin. I always thought the carpets looked brand new!

If you see my other posts I am using the car daily and its holding up well. I do live in hope that one day my 400i will be worth as much as the Beatles Rolls Royce!! After all they were a better band. The funny thing is I live in Liverpool (England) as well!!

Andy from Cheshire Sports and Performance took a stethoscope to the engine last saturday (whilst helping out on my other F cars) and gave it a clean bill of health. The cars are great and if your ever in the NW I would certainly meet up with you and buy you a pie and a pint to illicet further information.

By the way your website looks terrific. I suppose if I have to ask how much the 250 GTE is it means I cant afford it and should be backspacing instead of typing this question!!!

Many thanks again Mark

Andrew
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. fez1238

fez1238 Karting

Sep 5, 2007
    #63 fez1238, Feb 21, 2008
    I have just googled Eric Fellner and had to post again. I am gobsmacked to say the least. Eric Fellner has won Oscars and Directed/ Produced over 80 films many of them our families favourites :--

Mr Beans Holiday
    Thunderbirds - (my favourite show as a child)
    Love Actually
    Bridget Jones Diary
    and Fargo (one of our top favourites)

He has done many more films with critical acclaim such as Captain Corelli's Mandolin, and Four Weddings and a Funeral but we like these ones best.

Furthermore my partner is a budding Film Director which gives the car added interest for her. Unfortunately I cant sing, play the guitar or grow enough long hair to make the coincedence more complete.

Anyhow another excuse to post pictures.....

14. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    ^^^^^^

Your car is quite spectacular. One of the best looking 400's I have ever seen! Well done! Interior looks GREAT!

James
    Austin, TX

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mark, I, too, am grateful that you took the time to post that information as I find these unfoldings very intriguing.

16. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    #66 Mark Shannon, Feb 22, 2008
    facinating, isn't it. I wish I had more time to do this stuff.

Anyway, the attached 400i manual #33849, now converted, was allegedly once owned by Lee Majors (Six Million Dollar Man) although I have never seen the proof. It was apparently a present from Fox Studios.

Anyone know any more ?

Mark Shannon

17. laperriere

laperriere Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Montreal
    Hi, may I ask a question. It seems there is hole below the right door handle. What's that for ?
    Olivier

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Don't forget the Meera one off done for some Arab prince: it is a 400. I drove it when at Motorcar Gallery: very....peculiar styling. It was an automatic.

19. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Manual crank access if power window fails.

20. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    never seen that before on a 400..??? was that put on afterwards??? so can you manually crank the window from the outside?

21. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Awww, first Ferrari I ever drove.

If she's in perfect shape I honestly think its a cool car!

-J

22. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    They usually have a leather covered "button" covering them.

23. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I took this to be on the inside.

I believe they're on all 400's. The crank is rather awkward, it's not something you'll be doing while driving I wouldn't think.

Come to think of it, the hole is in front of the door handle/armrest, what's the hole behind the inside door latch/lock?

24. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    that is what im saying. havent seen another 400 with a hole on the outside of the door..

25. laperriere

laperriere Karting

Mar 10, 2006
    Montreal
    Hi, I should have been more specific : I was actually talking about the gray 400 picture : on both doors, it seems there are holes below the door handles, outside the car.