Quiet here so I thought I'd post a photo.....you're welcome to join in | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Quiet here so I thought I'd post a photo.....you're welcome to join in

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by dstacy, Jan 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    #51 aidanparte, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    YOUR CLASSIC!... believe me it looks sweet!! just not for me,..

3. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    The truth is I never liked dark glass before I got my 400. I always thought you couldn't see out properly and that it was dangerous. However, when inside the car, it isn't half as dark as it might seem from the outside. Still helps to keep it cooler, though.

Aidan

4. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Aidan,
    I think it looks great! I always wondered if it would be frowned upon tinting F-cars knowing it could always be removed if required, am considering bronze tint for the Marrone.
    Bruce

5. b3tech

b3tech Karting

Apr 17, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Boyd Bowdish
    glass on this one looks darker due to the photography. Nice 400, looks like mine (hahaha). I like seeing it without the DOT lights, Just ruins the subtle lines on the 365/400. An additional thought on styling and production year. The GT/4 was not liked due to the popularity of the Daytona, the 4 seats, and the over engineered complexity which required a lot of maint.

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Aidan did I ever send you the link, or the actual video file, where your car was shown on ESPN in 2006?
    When it was at the Keels and Wheels concourse they produced a short segment and showed your car a couple of times.

7. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Dave

Yes, you did, a good while ago. It was a fleeting glimpse, but 15 milliseconds of fame nonetheless!

Aidan

8. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #58 koisokok, Feb 7, 2008
  9. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #59 koisokok, Feb 7, 2008
  10. aidanparte

aidanparte Formula 3

Jul 18, 2004
    Your car looks really great. The tan interior goes superbly with the black paint.

Aidan

11. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    thxs aidan....

12. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #62 Ashman, Feb 7, 2008
    Since my 400i spent the first 15 years of its life in Texas and California, it has tinted windows also. Since most cars these days have some degree of tint, it isn't objectionable at all and does help out during the summer sunshine even in the Northeast.

John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Interesting the body color bumpers. I'm not much of a fan of those really. Do people prefer the look and have them painted or do body shops just do that if the car comes in after an accident?

14. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I LOVE IT! I think when I get a 400 if I don't have to spend a zillion dollars fixing stuff on it first, I will have that done! I think it really makes the car that much more integrated and of one piece. YMMV!

John, I think your car looks SPECTACULAR! I do want a red one, but DANG she is a beauty! Is she sitting a bit low in the back or is that just me seeing things? I am still trying to get a feel on this kind of stuff. I have really only started studying the 400's in the last month.

James

15. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #65 dstacy, Feb 8, 2008
  16. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Dave,

Love that shot and the GT3RS in orange on the other side of your car. The 3RS is one BADA$$ car! I wouldn't want to drive one on the street, but what a rocket on the track.

17. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Funny, I think it just looks like someone painted the bumpers. haha.....

18. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Visually I think they look much better than having the car cut in half by the black bumpers, especially on a lighter colored car, such as mine in silver. For a car that is a darker color, it obviously isn't as much of a contrast. The bumpers on mine were done by the previous owner to mimic the 412 color style, and I have no complaints about them at all.

James: "Is she sitting a bit low in the back or is that just me seeing things?"

Not really, the car settles about 1 1/2 to 2 inches after it has been sitting for a while. In this case the photo at the Greenwich Concours was taken in the afternoon and the car had been there since early morning.

John

19. blkprlz

blkprlz Formula 3

Mar 24, 2007
    Tampa bay
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    John,
    Something must be up w/that, it shouldn't drain back that fast. @ 5'-10 1/2", the top of the bumper lines up with the middle of my kneecap on all 4 corners & it will stay there for at least a week (w/o motor running of course) before I see any measurable difference. Would it be frowned upon to start the engine @ some point so that the car sits well during concours?
    Bruce

edit: I also feel that 1 1/2"-2" is also excessive, I might see about 1" after a couple of months.

20. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    #70 Pcar928fan, Feb 9, 2008
    Hey, guys have any of you looked at or know anything about the Yellow 400i for sale in FL? It is near Orlando... I thought I saw something about it not to long ago. I know, I know, most of you guys don't even like Red on your 400, so Fly Yellow is going to be WAY out for you, but again, it will be my first F-car and I don't have a single Porsche in arrest me Red or Yellow, so it is of interest to me. It looks good from the low res pics, but a pig looks good low res too... Story is current owner of last three years has put some 5000 miles on it (I LIKE to see that!) and it has 68,000 miles on it in total. I know some of my P-cars have that kind of mileage and more and still look nearly new and freaking run like the wind, so if that is the case with this car, I would love to pick this one up.

If anyone knows more, has seen, or would not mind checking on the car for me it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks guys,
    James
    Austin, TX

21. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    James,
    Where is this car being advertised?
    Isn't this serial #51687?

22. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know I am not even sure where I saw the advert for it. The web site and car place where it is at is: The Motor Club 21

I think the web site is themotorclub21.com

It is listed as an '84...I was looking but did not see a serial number listed. Says all hoses replaced in '05 and rear hydraulic hoses (not solenoids though) in '07... Not sure what all that means. Says it has "no mechanical issues" and that the "transmission shifts smoothly with no slippage". If in fact the paint and interior are good (they would not even have to be GREAT or excellent) AND there really are "no mechanical issues" with the car, I think I would buy it! I have always like Fly Yellow and the car actually looks pretty good in that color to my eye...I know, I know, Ferrari NEWBIE! What can I say! Still rather have resale RED though! ;-)

Thanks for checking on it for me Dave! You DA MAN with DA PLAN on 400's! Is there anything you don't know about them! LOVE IT!

James

23. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As far as I know there are only 2 yellow 400's in the US. This car and another one in Austin, TX which is a convertible.

24. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Interesting...now if someone can find out what kind of condition this car is actually in... Anyone here in the Orlando area that might have some time to take a look see for me???? Pretty please?! ;-)

25. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    I have never seen a yellow 400 in the Orlando area. That sure doesn't mean it isn't around somewhere. Maybe they just take it out of town! A few years ago (4 or 5) I saw one with tan interior at Sebring. Likely this car since Dave says there is only 1 uncut yellow one in the US I intended to go get the serial number but when I went to the car was gone. Any more info on where the car is exactly?

Al