Where to move? | FerrariChat

Where to move?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Pantera, Jan 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Ok heres the deal Iv'e lived here in Colorado Springs my whole life, my family moved here to Fort Carson back in 84 and we have been in the area sense. The Weather sucks here I can't stand the "Set back" Weather anymore, how the hell is it going to snow for a couple of hours only?:D Its been icey for the last couple of weeks with all these damn snow storms. The car scene sucks here to CS doesn't even have a dragstrip or hardly nothing at that.

I want to move to a place where its not to hot nor not to cold just right, just as long as it doesn't rain or snow everyday like does here. We rarely get a nice claim sunny day here without something going on, if its sunny chances are the winds are blowing. The car scene is good, theres places to race and sources to go and the cost of living isn't through the roof.

Iv'e thought about Tucson Arizona, North Carolina, Kansas city, Jacksonville Florida, Chicago, Dallas, Minnasota:D, Michgan, Phil, or in PR but Iv'e never lived in a beach environment so donno how that would work. Anyone have any good suggestions.

Please nothing in CA.

2. Racerboy

Racerboy Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2004
    Bay Area
    What do you have against CA? Besides the cost of living, SF is arguably the best place to live in this country....

3. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
  4. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Arizona is extremely f'n hot in the summer...so I wouldn't move here if I were you.

5. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Houston has a hoppin' car scene - Dallas too for that matter. Its very cheap to live in Texas, homes are cheap, lots of work, plenty of places to go if you want scenery and you're pretty central in the country.

The downside of course is you have to live in Texas. But if you can get over that it's a cheap place to live that's not too hot or too cold.

Personally I have been all over this country and the places I would ever live would be

Boston area
    New York City area
    Los Angeles area
    San Francisco / San Jose area
    Seattle area

runner-ups would be Atlanta, and some parts of Florida if you can deal with being in the south :) Vegas is fun for a young guy for a few years. Chicago isn't bad at all and there's a few midwestern cities that are "Ok" (like Cincinnati) but for the things you mentioned, I think Texas or Atlanta would suit you best.

6. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    I like you already :)

If you move to Florida, avoid the Orlando area unless you like the thug life. Clearwater is beautiful.

7. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Jacksonville is OK but I still am not used to flat Florida with no hills. I used to love driving my Italian cars in the philly area with all the twisty roads.

8. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    To the mountains where they don't have internet.

9. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    Good, because you're a moron.

10. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    +1.

11. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

Yes it is. So is the Destin/San Destin area, though it's full of tourists. Marco Island is a very lovely place if you can afford it.

12. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I'm slowly working towards moving there myself. Visited a friend out that way back in October and something about the place just grabbed ahold of me. Now I just need to find jobs for the wife & I in that area... already found a nice piece of property :)

13. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    ROFL!

Don't hold back, tell'em how you really feel!

14. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca
    +1 out of the places you mentioned and your penchant for American muscle I would say North Carolina would be the perfect fit.

15. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    the thing I hate about you is you always dance around the issue and don't come right out and say what you mean.

LOL

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
  17. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Since I moved from Colorado Springs to Alaska, I don't think any of your criteria are going to fit my place of choice.

However, after living in C. Springs, why not try the Denver area for a smaller first step? A Ferrari dealer, lots of cars, Champ car racing, easy flights to anywhere. The Salt Lake City area is nice too. Like the Springs (plains near mountains), but better weather and a different lifestyle.

18. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    I lived in Jacksonville for a year when I went to college and found it extremely boring, but I guess that's pretty relative. Almost all of my friends that moved to Jax for college left after the first year because none of us enjoyed living there. I wouldn't recommend it, but you may enjoy it, who knows? I hope wherever you decide to move provides prosperity and happiness for you! :)

19. Destructo

Destructo Rookie

Apr 16, 2006
    Detroit, Mich.
    Plenty of places in Michigan, houses are cheap, jobs are few and far between, yeah. Its wicked!

20. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    Plastic melts here. So, you want to avoid Arizona completely.

21. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Earthquakes :D I have been through one in my life and thats enough for me, I don't want to live in that area at all.

22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    #22 Pantera, Jan 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Denver is not a bad choice I will have to check it out sense its only 45mins away from where I live. Just the weather that kills it for me as of late we have been getting alot of snow. I want to move to a place where the weather isn't to bad.

Been there before. I know :D.

24. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    Don't come to Texas. You cars will be mistaken as crushers for the monster truck show.

25. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    Move to Naples. Your car collection will fit in nicely!