do you have a ferrari or when do you plan to | Page 2 | FerrariChat

do you have a ferrari or when do you plan to

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by irondogmike, Jan 6, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

in how many years do you plan to have a ferrari

1. already own a ferrari

2. in one year I'll own one

3. in 2 years

4. in 3 years

5. in 4 years

6. in 5 years

7. bought within one year

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. mondialmike88

mondialmike88 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Being able to say I own a Ferrari makes me feel warm and tingley inside
    and also gives my italian side of me a sense of being proud that
    is so strong it is almost undescribable.

2. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    I voted 5 cause it's the longest time period option. However I'm 21 have little to no debt (student loans that'll be paid off this year), a good job I enjoy, and a little savings. All in all I'm very fortunate to have learned from the life experiences of the forum members here and have applied their financial advice to my own finances.

With all that I've learned I believe that I'll be able to attain a F430 within 10 years.

3. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Im a previous Ferrari Owner... And I plan on buying another one with in the year....

4. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think a similar poll was taken last year and the % ownership was about 65% IIRC., Looks like ownership is growing here. (also looks like Ferrari ownership is Contagious.)

5. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    13 years? :)

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    When I was 27, I was driving with my friend Dave (both had a pilots license, he had an old Jag XKE, I had an old 911S) and was biyetching about not having an airplane.

Dave pointed out that we were riding in my (ex)wifes car - it was a brand new Mercedes.

Got the point?

I did.

7. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    None yet, obviously given the name :) Within 5 years I'd like to have a 328 or 348. 28 with a 348, sounds good to me!

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My goal is to have one in my possession within 5 years. I'm 26 now, so I'll be 31.

It's a bit of a stretch, sort of, but certainly obtainable. The true question is, however, whether I'm married with kids by then. A LOT can change within 5 years.

9. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I used to have hard and fast goals set for myself regarding the purchase of a Ferrari. It has been a dream of mine since I was very young watching Magnum PI. I was going to buy A, and B, and C before I was 30 years old, otherwise somehow I was going to be behind the schedule of my life as I saw it. 30 years came and went, maybe I just had A, but no B or C (or F-car).

Getting married, raising a child, and having other financial responsibilties has led me to a more long-term outlook regarding possible ownership in the future. I could buy a "beginner car" right now if I wanted to, but that would mean the other personal goals for my family would also be delayed. So the time frame drags out to perhaps 5 more years, but then it might be another 5 after that, who knows.

I just don't think I could enjoy it knowing that I could have had a good chunk of my house paid off, or had all the money needed for my daughter's college expenses in 15 years. Both of those take precedent, but that doesn't stop me from looking through Ferrariads and thinking of the day when one is sitting in my (mortgage-free) garage. I have many good things in life, some material and some not. Honestly my life is not how I envisioned it when I was say, 25. But that is not a bad thing, just different but no less happy.

To the young people perhaps just starting their career, unmarried with the whole world in front of you. Just take this piece of advice: get your toys before you get married and have kids. You will find it much harder to get them for some years after starting a family in most cases.

10. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I've planned to buy a 308 GT4 this year. I've also planned to keep it for maybe two years. I don't see myself owning it for much longer but wanted to tick that box in my life as true Ferrari fan. After that I'll probably buy something a bit less expensive and more reliable and something that I can take to the track with more ease of mind.

11. zippyslug31

zippyslug31 Formula 3

Sep 28, 2007
    PDX
    Full Name:
    Kevin M.
    waiting for mine to get trucked to me within the next few weeks.... so I'm not sure how to answer! ;)

12. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    I was thinking when I got tired of the Lotus I'd swap it out for a Ferrari, but that hasn't happened! So my new answer is when I buy a new house which may be fairly soon actually as my wife now has a job after 3 years of law school. I have a 2 car garage now and 4 cars. My wife's car and the Lotus are in the garage while my and my son's cars are in the driveway. I can't handle 5 cars! So my new house will have a 3-4 car garage for sure, or a bigger driveway!

I suppose if I stumbled across the "perfect" car I'd sell the Lotus and buy it...a black Mondial 3.2 cab in pristine (whatever that means) condition at the right price would be tempting as with the kids still at home we could use it more than the Lotus. But I REALLY don't want to sell it and my wife will not allow 2 toys in the garage and 3 in the driveway!

Ken

13. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I've never read a post I've agreed with more! Took the words right out of my mouth.

One of my goals was "own a V12 Ferrari by age 40". Well, I almost took the plunge a few times (such as a $15,000 330 GT back in the mid 1980's), and looking back I should've done so when I was single, but now that I'm married it's almost a battle to retain what I've got versus picking up new toys! Tough to talk the spouse into a $100,000 car she wouldn't want to drive herself, instead of remodeling the back yard...

However, life shouldn't kill our dreams. I still play with what I have (and in 2008, my resplution is to do more so!) and i have a family & house & fun job...all I could wish for, really!

14. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Yeah, me too. I can't buy that 355 I want because I blew all my money on this here 308 :D

15. HAC

HAC Karting

Mar 28, 2006
    Knoxville, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Hugh A. Cornell
    Bought my TR two years ago. Just forgot I can't afford to maintain it!

16. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I belong to the long RED bar:)

17. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    I think my Ferrari owns me?

18. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sold my F355 Spider because it didnt have enough torque... Looked into a 360 but again not enough torque. Realized Ill never be happy with an 8 cylinder Ferrari8 since Im used to my Viper.

So my next prancing horse will be 12 cylinders...unfortunately I cant afford a new 12 cylinder car and im not a big fan of the 550/575 so ive been tossing around the idea of a 512M.

Maybe later in the year as Im too busy working lately to enjoy it anyway.