Roland's F40 | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Roland's F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Jati, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    well, you have certainly backed up your opinion with plenty of good facts and examples. good job, you won this argument! :D

anyone that doesn’t see FerrariChat.com as an efficient medium of communication with low barriers of entry is a fool. A FerrariChat.com user has a leg up vs. anyone that isn’t. If Roland's car sells for $600k+ I bet they aren't a FerrariChat.com user.

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    The last Roland's F40 thread, running last April/May 2007, ended after only 232 posts.

A new record! ;)

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Great Rob . I'll bet you $600K you're wrong. Just send the check straight to Roland...

Roland were's my new Ride??? Whoo-hoo!!! :D :D :D

4. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    sorry you're right. I guess I just could not see around that ego of yours. pad yourself on your back again. IMHO

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Darth, someone else going down with the S.S. Linder! :)

6. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    And torpedoed by an egomaniac no less!

7. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade teak360,

In my dealings with Mr Lay I have always found him to be most polite and helpful. However, he did ban me for life on one occasion, but relented after a year or so. However, I do not believe that he is an egomaniac. Perhaps this was a typographical error on your part and you meant to type 'ergomaniac' - someone obsessed with working hard? I understand that Mr Lay's Ferrari has undergone the Classiche Certification Survey and which it passed with flying colours. Joe Sackey's car has also been certified, as indeed has mine. RufMD and 410SA and many others will perhaps do so sooner rather than later.

Perhaps Mr Lay will commence a section dedicated to Classiche Certificated Ferrari's -
    a sort of 'Holy Place' where the ergomaniacs can all congregate together and where special entry conditions will apply. Naturally, an initiation ceremony will be performed and it is hoped that there may be sufficient money made available to create an edifice akin to a Masonic Lodge, and where Mr Lay will become the first Grand Master, Joe Sackey will become Senior Warden, I shall of course become Senior Deacon. We shall enjoy magnificent banquets where Champagne will be quaffed. We shall invite others holding within their possession the Classiche Certification documentation. Accordingly, this Classiche Certification Lodge is destined to become a truly exclusive place. Membership will of course be limited, should you wish to avail yourself of this once in a lifetime opportunity then you would be best advised to make the application for Classiche Certification sooner rather than later.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

8. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    #258 PWehmer, Jan 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This thread has degraded so bad it's time to get out the booble head.

Sure seems like a lot of people piling on Roland. He brought a lot of info to F-chat at one time and has been very generous with his cars & time.
    He's no worse then other Carbon dioxide creating people on here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

"Perhaps" Mr Lay will commence? I think your use of the word "perhaps" disingenuous, as you are obviously already well aware of this plan, and you have divulged it clearly. Right down to the "Masonic Casetta (lodge)".
    The only detail you have left out is the additional nomenclature to be applied to the Classiche Certification: FC. Those cars worthy will carry the title of "Classiche FC Certified", which will, of course, add value above and beyond those cars that are only "Classiche Certified". In the future, for any considering the purchase of a "Classiche FC" car, a reference to this site would be in order to verify whether or not the FC endorsement is real, or just a figure of the seller's
    imagination; caveat emptor!

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ....and after he rearranged the deck chairs!

11. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade teak360,

Yes, this is almost certainly likely to be yet another additional benefit. Should Mr Lay read this then perhaps he will enhance the status of the cars whose owners have had them Classiche Certificated by the additional appendage of FC. Thus, denoting to Ferraristii the world over the importance of the car within the hierarchy of Classiche Certificatrion temples. However, and all this notwithstanding, and whilst Classiche Certification temples are sure to be consecrated throughout the world, always the 'Ferrari Chat Classiche Certification Temple' will forevermore be the 'Mother Lodge.' Therefore, imbuing those cars and their owners initiated within a special place right at the very pinnacle of the Ferrari hierarchy, and of course with a consequential elevation in their values.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Anyone who's only on here......... ;)

13. Lexdiamonnyc

Lexdiamonnyc Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Lex
    as a spectator I'm more interested in seeing what such a car sells for........

14. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The Bobblehead even says its a LM

15. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

16. Timphy

Timphy Karting

Aug 13, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Timphy
    Do you children have nothing better to do?

I learned to play nicely with others. . .

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thread has come to an end, took 266 posts, but I think everyone has learned it isn't a F40 LM and that at one time in several places Roland claimed it was. We'll see what it sells for.

BTW, I just went to 7-Eleven to buy a slurppy and to my horror the cashier had never heard of the Classiche Certification! Oh my gosh, how am I supposed to add $5 onto the value of my 328 if the 7-Eleven cashier hasn't even heard of the program. Maybe only add $3?