(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!! | Page 54 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Uberpower, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    ---sigh---
    I ... ALMOST ... did a quick run up to Cherry Creek just to drive around in circles so Doug would "spot" me... LOL

I saw it once on southbound University turning into the Cherry Hills Police Department parking lot, followed by a black 430 (360? it was dark but it sure looked like a 430). That was several months ago (before I bought my car) and I posted it here in this thread. Havent seen it since.

James in Denver

2. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Derek saw it only a few weeks ago downtown, so it's still around.

Would've made my week! :D

3. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A silver 996 turbo with black wheels in Fort Collins on College Ave this afternoon.

4. GrndLkNatv

GrndLkNatv Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    #1329 GrndLkNatv, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Dude, you can't post your own damn car! :)

6. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Aw, why not? It's a cool damn car.

7. CaptCarnage

CaptCarnage Rookie

Oct 8, 2007
    Castle Rock, CO
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Saw a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo parked at an office next to the library in Castle Rock yesterday. Probably not out today...

8. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I'm not arguing the fact that it's a cool car but that's not what the "Spotted" thread is all about. Maybe there should be an "Owners Rides" thread....

9. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    #1334 GrndLkNatv, Nov 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I see this one around town too.... North side of town and the carbon fiber black F430 all the time around Broomfield and Boulder... I usually catch him coming off I-25 and 136th avenue and the same guy used to own a red F430.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Thats what I was thinking......

I've posted pics of my car in the 308 section, especially after the FCA BBQ at Dave's, but I've yet to be "spotted"..... even by the famous DDemuro... LOL

Not fair to post your own car..... SOMEONE SPOT ME!!! :)

James in Denver

11. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's the spirit!

That's a pretty car!

12. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    Yeah, but it's funny that he did! :)

Oh and a black Countach at the Rio today. I guess driving season isn't over yet!

13. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    and without traction control on I can get a nice tire chirp going into fifth with my cambio corsa... cold air is more power.. Best time of year to drive....

14. macadoo

macadoo Karting

Jun 17, 2006
    Colorado
    Cracking me up. Someday we can post mutual "spotted" photos from Inverness Drive. A proper spot.

15. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike

THE black countach??

16. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    That one or the other one ... we have two in town. But I think it was "Johns" :) with the gold wheels. Not sure if the other one has gold wheels too.

17. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Hey Buddy!!!

I think there are at least four of us here in Inverness who could post pictures like that!!! Did you winterize or are you going to run through the winter? I am going to drive only on clear days...

18. macadoo

macadoo Karting

Jun 17, 2006
    Colorado
    Can't imagine winterizing a car. That would drive me nuts. Mine suffers from some lower front road rash as a result, but it's worth it to me. I'll drive it on all clear days, otherwise it's the jeep. Need to be aware of the traction though when it gets cold, those tires get hard and loose.

19. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You suck :) :) :). I'm honestly confused though seriously. Is it John's or Dave's?????

20. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    :) you're not going to fall for that again are you?

21. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    I understand, I have all the fluids changed but will drive it on clear days and use the 4 runner when the weather is bad...

22. Ferrarifanatic

Ferrarifanatic Karting

Jul 16, 2007
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Thuan
    Red f430 today around 3:45 in little main street in broomfield and a yellow gallardo at pei wei's!!!

23. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    Today at lunch the car guys must have been out ... driving season is still hanging on.
    A Ferrari 330, Jaguar XK 150 and THE black Countach.

24. GrndLkNatv

Sep 13, 2006
    Grand Lake, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Stephens
    Yellow Enzo for sale at the Motor Sports Gallery downtown... Buddy of mine went to pick up his wife's Cadillac Escalade he bought from them and there on the floor was a very new Yellow Enzo next to a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.... Will try to get his cell phone picts posted here....

25. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Hey GrndLkNatv - thanks so much for the tip! I went down to The Motorsports Gallery first thing this morning and indeed, they've got an Enzo! I politely asked the staff if I could photograph it; they obliged, and so here's a shot of the vehicle, and here's another. The serial number is 131319, and it's yellow with a tan interior. The Motorsports Gallery (which is at 27th and Larimer, for those who want a closer look) also has a silver Porsche Carrera GT and a black Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 (with already-written temporary plates, suggesting it's sold) along with a few other exotics. Thanks again!

EDIT: did a little F-chat sleuthing - it seems this car was formerly owned by Bob Rapp, and had its engine replaced a couple of years ago. Since then it's been for sale on and off around the country. I'm not sure how it ended up here.

Another (far less) interesting spot today was the new Toyota Land Cruiser which I just caught on 2nd and Steele in Cherry Creek about 20 minutes ago.