Seat belt ticket... | FerrariChat

Seat belt ticket...

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Fred 02, Nov 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fred 02

Fred 02 Karting

Aug 12, 2004
    I was pulling out a parking lot putting my seat belt ON, cop saw this, pulled me over down the road, ended up getting a ticket for not wearing a seat belt.

I don't understand this ticket: It's not a moving violation yet is categorized with speeding(?)..it carries a court date.
    Will this be reported to my insurance?
    Is there so sort of deferral program?
    There are two options on the back of the ticket: One is pleading guilty, the other is (don't remember wording) not guilty but you accept the consequence of court ruling....
    Which one should I sign?

I got tagged at Purdue, and live in Illinois.

It frustrates me because he watched as I put it on while pulling out of a parking lot.

Thanks for any insight/advice!!!

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    No points for seat belt.

Sign the ticket, send in the money - and don't worry about it.

Not worth the fight.

I have to say I have not seen/heard of anyone just getting pulled over for seat belt. I know they can do it, but it must have been a pretty slow day for him.

That does suck though....

3. Fred 02

Fred 02 Karting

Aug 12, 2004
    Thanks for your help!

West Lafayette is really cracking down on seat belt violations, they sit along state street and pick people off one at a time.

None the less, it was a careless mistake on my part.