mondial qv 2.9 she's smoking ! | FerrariChat

mondial qv 2.9 she's smoking !

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by martin-uk, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. martin-uk

martin-uk Karting

Feb 24, 2007
    uk
    Full Name:
    martin
    HI CHAPS, i wasnt thinking of removing my engine, but i think the decision has been made for me today, i went out for a blast (nice day and all that) motorway , started to open her up then came of the gas ,and the smoke that blow out the exhausts was amazing!!!, back on the gas the smoke went, came off the gas and back on the gas smoking again, it seems when its pulling there is no smoke, off then on the gas pedal it smokes until you level out, drive it around normanly and no smoke only seems to smoke after you go back on the gas after giving it some revs, i have checked the oil level ,fine,disconected the breather return pipe into the air box, run the car still the same,disconected all the pipes from the blowby that go into the inlet housing,and tried it again, still the same, i pulled the big conveluted intake pipe off, from the fuel injection unit to the inlet mouth,and there is lots of oil in there, i can only think ,a ring has gone or the valve stem seals have gone,it does not somke on start up (cold or hot) and no smoke when you just rev it up, its mainly smoking on the overrun, thanks for listening

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Hi Martn, feel free to give me a call on 0151 348 4798 ifyou need a second opinon

3. martin-uk

martin-uk Karting

Feb 24, 2007
    uk
    Full Name:
    martin
    thanks for that i have just made up a tool and gauge to do a leak down test, also the only pipe i have not run the engie with it off is the pipe that goes into the bottom on the injection housing from the cold start valve and the that goes to the intake housing, but yes i agree if it was rings it would smoke on start and when pulling hard and high revs, i would have thought if it was v/seals it would smoke on start up,what i cant get my head around is the oil soaked intake rubber hose between the intake and the injection unit, thanks for reading