Off to Italy for 3 weeks | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Off to Italy for 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by roytoy2003, Sep 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Can't wait to see pics guys. Thanks for taking the time to post while you were there

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

I don't think Dan will EVER forget the elves!! (OK, I probably won't either!!) You know we're probably going to get kicked out of the club for hanging out with the Lambo "bad boys" so much. Guess we'll just have to figure out how to get a Lambo then!!

It was a great trip, just getting ready to head to bed before I leave in the morning. Thanks again for everything Roy, you are one generous guy!!!

Ciao!! from the back of the bus!!!

3. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #53 etip, Oct 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Funny, I just got back from Rome a couple days ago. Seems that everyone went to Italy this fall....
    I was pretty disappointed that we didn't see any Ferraris there until our last night.... we were walking down a little cobble stone street and Lisa said "Hey, there's a Ferrari...." Not a bad one to see parked in an alley.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #55 Jdubbya, Oct 6, 2007
  6. 993 911

993 911 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Jack D
    what in the world is that BMW?

7. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    #57 MordaloMVD, Oct 6, 2007
  8. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    I feel my card ADD twitching. What kind of Biemer is that? Will it make it here?

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    1991 Italdesign Nazca C2 concept. Designed by Giogetto Giugiaro. V12 from the 750i/850i. The tour group must have visited Italdesign on this trip.

10. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    John,

The one below the Borrani wheel picture. What is that? Body panel rack at the Scaglietti workshop?

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #61 Jdubbya, Oct 6, 2007
    Michael thanks, those look much better! I need to play with PS some more so I can figure out how to do that.

Willis is right, the BMW is the Nazca (#2 of 2, the other is below). Yes we did visit Italdesign and that was none other than Fabrizio Giugiaro taking people on rides. Naoma was the first and he promptly did some donuts in the driveway before heading out on the road. As far as will it be available here I'd say no, but with the right contacts and the right amount of money maybe??

Willis the pic you asked about was at Golden car and those are 430 fenders in a rack. They stamp and then finish hand beating the panels. Not sure if they head to Scaglietti or back to the factory from there though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

Thanks, John. Good to have you back!

That looks like the Lambo/Italdesign Cala next to Nazca #2 in the picture.

13. JariK

JariK Rookie

Jun 11, 2005
    - signing the top of a Lambo?

I wish I could meet him in person.

JK

14. MondialMondo

MondialMondo Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2005
    USA
    Full Name:
    MondialMondo
    This picture you took is of the town where I live: Como! Any F-chatters who are visiting this area of Italy should feel free to send me a PM if they need any assistance. Como is only 10 minutes from Villa d'Este (and another 10 minutes from George Clooney's villa in Laglio). It was at Villa d'Este where I saw the Pininfarina Mythos among many other unique Ferraris.

-Mondo

15. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    It is indeed. He was very cool and very gracious. He went in the back to drive a car out for us to pose in front of. Then not only signed Scott's car but anything else folks wanted him too. The next day he even brought the three Lambo owners in our group back and took them out for a drive.

16. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

Wish we had known this before. I was only there over night but several others arrived earlier, and I'm sure it would have loved to have a local contact! I really liked this area but didn't see much of it myself. One place I really want to go back to, that's for sure!!