Help bought my first Ferrari 4 days ago!! | FerrariChat

Help bought my first Ferrari 4 days ago!!

Discussion in '360/430' started by Mikael Andersson, Sep 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mikael Andersson

Sep 16, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    I just bought a 2003 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale with 24,000 km on the meter with a full servicehistory and only 2 owners.

Im used to german quality mostly from my 05 M5 so when my "nem" Ferrari starts making trouble after only a few day im devastated but my friends only say its Italian Quality now and not german.

The main thing is that when it rains i get rain inside both doors straight down the window in the door corner.

The other thing is that every other time i close the door the window dosent fit right resulting in taht i cant lock the doors.

I need to get in the car againg turn on the igniton take down the window while the door is open and then close it again.

Then it always comes on right and snug to the top.

And yesterday when i was idling at a redlight in an upwardsgoing hill the oilprssure warning lamp was lid and the gear poped out and i coldnt rev it up.

I have ridden about 1000 kilometers since i bought it and 2 times during that time the gearbox is sliding in the 4th gear on full gas acceleration.

I also find it that when its not in race mode (wich isnt often) it gears up quite slowly its like a pause between the gears.

Now my question to you all is are theese happenings "normal Italian" things or is there some seriouse problems with my new car??

Please help me

Mikael

2. matt360cs

matt360cs Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    congratulation and you choose one of the best F-cars for the last years
    I m sure you will enjoy it
    i m waiting for that day too...

3. Mikael Andersson

Sep 16, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    But should i consider it normal for rainwater to enter the car and do you know anything about the oilpressure?

Should i fill her up with more oil?

/Mikael

4. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    First of all....welcome to F-Chat and congratulations on a great car.
    Second....don't panic, these are all issues which can be addressed and fixed.
    You have a F1 gearbox and I believe your clutch is slipping due to wear or adjustment but most probably wear due to the 24000 kms which is more or less the life of a clutch. You need to take your car to the Ferrari service and have the car connected to the SD3 computer and measure clutch wear. You will know immediately where you stand. You could need a clutch replacement.
    Regarding the window, you have a switch inside the door which regulates the movement of the window when opening or closing the door. When opening the door the window must drop automatically by about 1" (2.5cm) and when you close the door the window should automatically rise by the same amount. Your switch is probably faulty and needs to be replaced.

Good luck and let us know of your progress.

5. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.

The 360 has a dry oil sump.
    Measure the oil while the engine is running at idle speed and measure only when the engine reaches it's correct operating temperature. Top up with Shell Helix synthetic oil if needed.

6. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    That is only an adjustment of the window mechanism which you will adjust when checking or replacing your faulty window switch located inside the door. Nothing to worry about.

7. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Along with Terek's suggestions, I would also read your Owners Manual and discuss routine maintenance and vehicle operation with an authorized Ferrari dealer.

8. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I thought the CS was only made in 2004? Also, the low oil pressure would worry me, and I would definitely go to a F dealer and have it checked out. No PPI?

9. Mikael Andersson

Sep 16, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    No it was made during 2003 and 2004 this is a late 2003 2004 model so mabe thats it.

I just came back from a lovely little trip since my last post and went to Shell and ched my oil but its fine so i will keep an eye on it but im not worried.

Its an amazing car and i still can´t understand its standing in my garage waiting for me to come drive it whenever i want, i might be the luckiest man on earth.

But im not made of money so ofcourse im worried when i spend 1,300,000 SEK appx 140,000 Euro on a car and it rains in and some other small stuff.

I always driven BMW and thats a totally different car, real nice but no soul like the Ferrari.

Thanks for all the help.

Mikael

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Did you have it inspected by a Ferrari technician prior to purchase?

11. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations on the new ride...anxiously awaiting your pictures.

12. Mikael Andersson

Sep 16, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Yes i bought it from Swedens oldest and best Ferrari dealer wig a one year warranty.

The servicebook is complete.

/M

13. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Take the CS to your dealer and explain your issues, letting him know what the causes are according to what we stated above, so he understands that you are familiar with your F car and I am sure he will take care of them properly.

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    No pictures, no car. Post 'em up my man as we want to share in your joy!

15. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Glad to hear that....That's the best news you've given us!

16. Mikael Andersson

Sep 16, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    #16 Mikael Andersson, Sep 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Extremely beautiful. Congratulations. Enjoy her and drive her in good health.

How is your trouble shooting progressing....have things been fixed?

18. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    Mikael, nice one. I bought my 04 360 last week too and am still getting used to it all. I have done over 1000 km already Did you buy in Sweden? I found the best deals on ferraris in Europe are in Germany and Italy.

19. Mikael Andersson

Sep 16, 2007
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Hi!

I have booked a test for tomorrow 9:45am that in Sweden is called an M-test wich is the best you can buy and then you know everything from the condition of the motor and gearbox and electronics to if it has been in an accident or is repainted.

I drove it 1000km the first 2 days and i have driven it every day since then for at least 3-4 hour drives each som im getting to know here now and its definetly starting out as a love affair.

I testdriven and owned quite a few vehicles in my day (im 33) and i been in competitive racing for a couple of years so i thought i had experienced it all.

BUT, the emotions this car is given me is something else, its pure love.

I love the raw feeling it delivers, its aluminum its carbon its racing and nothing else no radio no extra leather nothing that you don´t need to go fast.

It remminds med of me actually ;-))

Thanks for all the help fellow Ferraristis

It feels great to be among likeminded people here with you beacouse where i live envy unfortunately rules.

Best regards Mikael

20. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Gratulerer med en veldig fin bil. Bra at du har det godt med nye bilen din!

En vennlig hilsen fra Norge.

;)

21. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Ahhh....nice to be in love again, right ;)....after all these years....great feeling :).

22. Joe360

Joe360 Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Germany&Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joe
    wonderful car!
    congratulations

23. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    The CS is one of the best roadracer from Maranello ever, IMHO!!!

I agree that you are the luckiest man on earth!!

Enjoy driving her fast & in good health!

Cheers,

24. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Good Commments!!!

25. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Nothing to worry then, the dealer will do what have to!!