Black Enzo in Carmel with Bodyguard! | FerrariChat

Black Enzo in Carmel with Bodyguard!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by msgsobe, Aug 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Now I've seen all! Black Enzo parked on Ocean drive in carmel, tag F1 ENZO, Has a bodyguard, black suit, tie, standing next to the car, arms folded, telling people to step away!

2. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    people=stupid

people around sports cars= stupider

body gaurd around a 1.3 million dollar sport car= not stupid

3. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    Sorry, can't agree here. If you chose to drive and park your million dollar car on the street, then it's public domain. Don't be a D--k and have some goon shooing people away. I saw guys at the historics this weekend with Ferraris worth 10x that much banging fenders on the track and parking them in the pits for all to see.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Anyone know the serial number...? I don't have that plate in my database...

5. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    If you cant afford to fix it don't drive it. Having someone to "guard" the car in public is just sad. Just some ass bag trying to be cool.

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That guy was guarding all of the cars on Ocean by Lussori, over the last couple of days. IF you have a good enough car, they will let you park it there and guard it.

7. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    I saw that car going the other way on the highway as I was heading out of town.

8. jmlinmn

jmlinmn Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    MN, AZ, FL
    I have no problem with a sentinel shoo-ing the unwashed masses away from a million dollar super car.

9. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Something like that happened to me...i was in the Porsche dealer taking some pics of a 360 and then a 612 with some Novitec´s mod´s came to the dealer i just took two pics of it...because the BIG bodyguard says...hey,hey, you cant take pics of it...and it was outside the Porsche not inside..so what else can i do?

BTW the bodyguards were in a Charger were the normal car of a bodyguard here is Stratus...

10. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh

he was guarding all the cars that were parked in front.

11. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    pictures are great, i think saying no pictures is excessive... people leaning on it and stuff not okay with me... I have seen to many idiots around cars, example a fat kid looks at a GT3 and says lets test the shocks and begins to put all of his weight on the back spoiler pushing it up and down. there is no problem with using your car however you want on the road and the track, but if you want to drive it and generally have a bodygaurd or two why not protect your car too.

12. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    What a putz. I drive my Daytona Spyders, Alloy body CA Spyder, etc. to local burger joints, etc. and leave them next to whatever car is there. If people come up and slobber ketchup all over the car, that's life. It's just a car for crying out loud. If the guy is so worried, then don't drive the darn thing. I don't worry about such things. As someone on this site knows, I have a much bigger problem of making sure cats don't decide to use a million dollar Ferrari as a scratch post.

Steve

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...

The more you treat a car (or anything else) like a priceless, irreplaceable object, the more attention it will garner. If it's not people looking, touching, sitting about the car, no doubt that rock chips will certainly yield the same effects.

14. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    the more i think about what i posted i think i am more just on the side of i dont think its a big deal he has a bodygaurd, he should do whatever makes him feel happiest and safest with his car... its not like his bodygaurd is stoping him from enjoying the car, but i sure as hell would be leaning on it (or maybe just near it) to look at the car too just not doing some of the things ive seen people do to cars... so alright i am a little conflicted

me personally i dont think i would have a bodygaurd with any car though

15. targanero

targanero Formula 3

May 31, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Simon
    That makes a bit more sense.

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Alloy Body Cal spider ?? WOW..Can you post pics ? SWB or LWB ? Uncovered or covered headlights ??

17. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel
    This is my friends car and he did not have a bodyguard. This "bodyguard" was independent. My friend drove this car from Arizona with his wife, stopped at the show for the afternoon and dinner in Carmel, and drove up to the Bay Area where we met for drinks late last night. I took the Enzo for a drive (first time driving it) late last night -- was amazing but too much traffic on the highway to really get going. He left this morning for Calgary (yes driving the Enzo there) with his wife as co-captain where they live primarily.

He is a great guy and drives his cars wherever without concern for parking on the street.

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Thanks for that post Morgie....indeed most Enzo owners I've met are passionate folks.......

This was just normal So Cal security....here we have to use big guns! LOL!

Good he enjoyed his travels, a dream trip for sure!

19. turbotrip

turbotrip Karting

Sep 9, 2006
    Calgary

ooooo so it wasnt just a myth, a black enzo is actually comming here. hope to see it soon

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    What $10 million+ Fcars did you see banging fenders?!

21. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    wheres the pic?:D

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I'll say it again.

There is no bodyguard. If you have a nice enough car, you are allowed to park it in front of Lussori on Ocean. They have a couple of security guys, Jerry and another guy, and they watch your car for you. They did it for a bunch of us. All they ask is what are you driving? Apparently the F40 passes the test so they let me park there.

So no bodyguard.

23. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    One of my very good friends has had his 355 Spyder spat upon. And, it's not unusual to see lots of finger and hand prints on it, either. He parks on the street, in "private" parking lots and such, but lately he's not taking the car as much as he used to. Every time we speak of it, I get the sense that a little of the joy of owning a Ferrari has gone out of him. It's too much of a hassle and irritation. So, the alternative is that the car sits. I can certainly understand wanting to protect ones car.

Personally, I got tired of the attention my street cars garnered. Too many drivers shadowing, gawking at, or wanting to race me. Too much traffic to begin with. The roads are abominable. And, the parking is absurd. 15 years ago, I would park on the street. Mostly, I never had a problem. I won't even think about it today. People just do not respect your property. Pictures are one thing, but sitting or leaning on the car is verboten by any civilized standard.

As they say, "the world would be a great place, if weren't for the people."

CW

24. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold

Thanks, didnt seem that way to me, and he never identified himself as such. He was only by the Enzo, told me to step away from the enzo, that he was authorized by the carmel police to direct people, and that I should "move on" Never mind the Ferrari VIP hospitality tag hanging from my shirt. Give a guy a little power.

25. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I think the new Ferraris bear the brunt of most peoples jealousy and frustrations in there lives, an older Daytona or 330 is just an old car to someone and the general public has no clue to its worth and most would be suprised at the values of them, true enthusiests know their values and it would be rare to find one that would intentionaly hurt the car and be careless around it so much less of a chance of vandalism.

I also think old Ferraris get less attention and definately would get less challenges for street races, if someone doesn't want undue negative attention get a classic