European GP race ***SPOILER*** | Page 16 | FerrariChat

European GP race ***SPOILER***

Discussion in 'F1' started by kraftwerk, Jul 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    LoL..hey Steve. well, actually, i was out today. never managed to start the thread cos i got home almost just before the race started, and i played it safe by staying away from Fchat.

enjoyable race :D

cheers mate :D

2. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

well from what i know, Brazilians do speak Spanish. anyways, another thread started by someone, and according to that Massa accused Fred of always whining and complaining, even if he won. :)

3. Erick

Erick Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2006
    Altadena
    Full Name:
    Erick
    Sorry guys, didnt read the thread cuz I dont want to spoil it. Does anyone know when the race comes on, on FOX? I thought it was going to be at 10am? did I miss it?? Anyone have a link to the schedule? I cant find it anywhere. thanks.

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa

Phil: You are a great guy and a great driver.

FA: thank you, Phil. I love you too.

Phil: Let's go out and have a drink after the race?

FA: Yes. My place or yours?

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    FOX is done for the year. The replay is on Speed right now.

6. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano

Felipe speaks 4 or 5 languages. I wish the commentators would of stayed quiet to hear what they were saying.

7. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

u forgot to add, 'but Kimi's already there' :D

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Schumi look like a cowboy sheriff today :D

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fred is a whiner, no doubt, but part of it is very deliberate to achieve a result: He whipped his Renault team into championship form at the end of last season and he was getting to Massa today.

I heard Massa's comment, but I saw his face, which told a different story. It totally upset him while Alonso was already all smiles again. Getting under your opponent's skin is the name of the game.

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    And now for something completely different: Can we get an american linebacker to teach the teams how to catch a kickoff ... or a champaigne bottle? :D

(Not with your hands! Catch it against your stomach, guys!)

11. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    he maybe a whiner all right, but no doubt a great drive by him.

12. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Crazy race but exciting to watch. Gotta wonder what happened to the 2 hour rule. This is the first race I have seen in F1 that ignored the 2 hour rule.
    Another thing I have never ever seen is a car getting lifted back onto the track and allowed to stay in the race.
    We as real racing fans are on here discussing F1 a lot and yet we do not understand the rules. Just imagine poor old Joe out there watching for the first season. He dosnt have a chance especially when the comentators dont even know themselves. In my oppinion F1 is beginning to look bad with all their rule changes and nobody including teams and drivers knowing what the hell is going on. After seeing what happened today I am seriously beginning to wonder if this sport is actually scripted. Something else that happened today really has me thinking if F1 even cares about safety....This was the 2nd time this season that there was a near miss in the pitlane. The stewards should really be looking at why Mclaren allowed Alonsos' car out of the box when the Honda was right there. In years gone by that would have been a drive through penalty. I can see a bad accident happening in the pit lane soon. If those cars had made contact today then we would have seen more that a few Mechanics in the hospital.

All in all It makes me wonder what is really going on here.....

13. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I don't speak Spanish but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express so I am pretty sure I know what transpired....

Alonso: Oi Monkeyface, you ran me off the road!
    Massa: Bah Donkeybreath, think you own the effing road!
    Alonso: Knew the f-ing big ass Brazilians can't drive ...
    Massa: Go kiss your fat burro, stupid Spaniard
    Alonso: Think you are very smart eh?
    Massa: You think you very smart eh?
    Alonso: Watch it. I am 2 time world champ and you are a chump
    Massa: I am 1 inch taller than you ..
    Alonso: ... And I am 4 inches bigger than you down ...
    ... Just interrupted by the FIA official ...
    FIA: Watch it you pint sized midgets ... there are children and women watching. Now go and wash your faces with soap and report back to class.

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    According to Formula1.com, the race was 2:06:26.358 long. http://www.formula1.com/results/season/

Maybe they deduct the time the safety cart is deployed? It's a stupid rule anyway. Just race all the laps. I would've been pissed if they called the race early with only like 3 or 4 laps left.

15. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Some good points there. The rules do seem to constantly changing but then I am sick of them in another way AS LONG as its "one rule for all " i will still be watching..

16. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze

:D :D

17. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Are you sure its one rule for all? Think about it.

18. carlosgdias

carlosgdias Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Porto, Portugal
    Full Name:
    G.D.
    I can only hope that next year FA leaves Mclaren to drive for Ferrari...

19. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    Exactly - Good point. The way Hamilton was treated with the marshall incident is unforgivable (nothing against LH). I understand that as an athlete and a professional, the drivers are expected to be able to take advantage of every break they are given (this includes MS and LH), and it is wrong to blame a driver for the FIA allowing them to break the rules. If somebody is pushed off the track, or given an unfair advantage by the track marshals, nobody expects that driver to pull out of the race. Because of this, I don't blame Hamilton for the rediculous treatment he was given this weekend. It is up to the FIA to enforce the rules.

On another note, Massa is only 11 points out of the championship. It is certainly possible for him to make up those points. Especially because this is the second week in a row that Hamilton has shown that he is not infallible. His gambles on car setup have failed him twice now, and we can only hope for more of the same.

Peter

20. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    Brazilians speak PORTUGUESE NOT SPANISH!!!
    Massa had speak with Alonso in italian not in spanish.If someone give a link with talk in video i will translate it for you guys.

21. mpatrizio

mpatrizio Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Mike P.
    Massa and Alonso are destined to finish one race together in the kitty litter. It's just a matter of time.

22. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    According to the reporters at German TV, the rule states that the 2 hours start with the lights first going green, and time will NOT be paused, no matter what happens, including a restart. I think (I hope!) there will be discussion about it; does anybody know if Massa would have won (=been on first position) if the race had ended 6 minutes earlier?

23. peter5

peter5 Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    NoVa
    I think he got passed with 7 laps left, so that would be about 10 minutes maybe. I think FA still would have won.

Peter

24. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    And Hamilton still hasn't had a car failure during a race yet. Kimi has had it happen twice? I know today was one but I thought there was another this season as well.

A bit disappointed in Massa letting FA by at the end of the race, but at least Hamilton was out of the points to get us a bit closer. Guess he's still got some learning to do in the wet races (that goes for Hami and Phil)

Absolutely crazy results today congrats to Red Bull for a podium and the racing was great to watch. Hopefully we'll have better luck at the next GP.

25. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    +1