Enzo's are going for $1.5m now? | FerrariChat

Enzo's are going for $1.5m now?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by VTChris, Jun 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trevor L

Trevor L Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2004
    OKC, USA
    you'd be suprised what you can buy with food stamps these days.

2. NHeerDesign

NHeerDesign Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2006
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Nick
    The potential buyer of that car is getting ripped off; I've seen plenty for quite a bit less than that ($1.0 - 1.3 million). However, it is pretty low mileage (1145, for those who haven't looked at the eBay link). Whatever floats the buyer's boat. Sorry... yacht.

3. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Its not really a suprise to me that an Enzo is going for that much. Seems about right.

4. Jompen

Jompen Formula Junior

May 27, 2006
    In Europe you can find em for about 1.2 musd or less

5. Erick

Erick Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2006
    Altadena
    Full Name:
    Erick
    I honestly would've thought they'd be going for more by now.

6. wildshirts

wildshirts Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2007
    As time goes on their going to go up and up! Who knows where they will be when a few more have been wrote off! lol $5m maybe...2020?

7. sicqnus

sicqnus Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2005
    Paris - France
    Full Name:
    Cyril Chartier
    Plenty of them will be offered for sale when the Enzo replacement will come.

8. Ermanno Claypool

Ermanno Claypool Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Ermanno
  9. cntchds

cntchds Formula 3

Oct 22, 2005
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Peter Hatch
    I had thought that Enzo prices were hovering between 850,000 and 950,000. I haven't seen one that actually sold for over a million in a while now. I guess we'll have to see how real that auction is.

Peter Hatch

10. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    You are correct....in Euros!

11. anil871

anil871 Karting

Nov 21, 2006
    bentley of long island is so so so so so overpriced on everything they sell

one out of maybe 30 auctions do they actually sell a car

12. Thurminatr

Thurminatr Karting

May 25, 2007
    Dallas,TX
    Full Name:
    Charles
    How are they overpriced the auction is selling at no reserve, they simply put a product out there and its going for what the market deems a fair price.

13. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac

Not every auction is what determines the market value... recently, there has been a trend of selling sometimes at 150% or higher of the true value of the car... Some are suggesting that there are pseudo buyers on the block who aren't there to buy the car, but simply to raise the value and the commissions. We've recently seen a 53 'vette valued at 120-130,000 sell for 380,000$ in the last month alone.... not to mention the the ludicrous activities at the McLelen auction in Lapeer where one man won bids of 57 cars, and another won bids on about 20 cars... while neither of these two men had any money... there are questions as to weather these men were there to attempt to raise the auction prices or if they were "simply" defrauding the event. SCM may have the full story on this later, I'm not sure... but obscene prices are abound this year in some of the important auctions..

But, there are still deals to be had. Buyer beware ;)

I estimate a low miles Enzo like this one, w/out a scratch would fetch 1.3-1.4... as there is more demand for the Enzo now then there was even a year ago. 1.5 seems high to me.

14. TrentS

TrentS Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2005
    South Florida
    It looks like a very nice, low mileage Enzo, but keep in mind this is EBAY... How do we know that's a legit bid??? Let's wait and see if the sale goes through or if it's still on the market next week. ;)

15. redcar1

redcar1 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    austin, tx
    Full Name:
    Mark
  16. cooki

cooki Rookie

Jun 11, 2007
    My friends and I have purchased numerous cars from this dealership and they are fantastic. The presentation is on the money. They have the largest selection of all exotics anywhere I have ever visited and every one of their cars is flawless.

17. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    They are arrogant people from the run ins I have had with them. So stuck up because they have HUGE name clientèle. Miller and Algar are the best people I have found on the Eastern coast. FoW has a few really good people too. *Thats my shout out for Augi!* Long Island just as Ferrari of Ft.Lauderdale have some of the most continuous streams of Ferrari buyers around, so they make it seem like they don't "need" your business. Ew boy...

Best
    Jon

18. rosso_fanatic

rosso_fanatic Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Wes
    You have to remember that there are people who dont ask the price of anything until they are writing the check. They drive past the dealership, see a car that catches their eye, and they have to have it at that moment regardless of the price (Paris Hilton and her SLR.) If they are big time car fans with these kinds of means then it's more about grabbing up special cars as soon as they hit the market regardless of price (The guy that bought the yellow McLaren F1.) When these kinds of people buy rare cars it makes us automotive market analysts scratch our heads as to why the price paid seems so high against the current market.