The Eastern European Thread | Page 5 | FerrariChat

The Eastern European Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by noviyecco, Feb 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I was reading the poll about the Dutch/Belgian thread and i want to know if you all would prefer to use english. Indeed it's called "Eastern europe thread" so it is not only referred to polish people even if the polish took over here.

By the way, Przemek i have some questions about the 328.

As i saw in your photoblogs, you imported this car from UK? What brought you to the choice of 328, vs for ex, a later 348. Price factor?
    What is the kilometrage? Is it your first experience of Fcar or did you enjoy something else before? (for my part my very first Fcar experience was when i had a Testarossa lend by a friend of mine).

That's all, for a start ;)

2. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.

Given the poll and the current discussion going on in that thread I believe that going to English in this thread is the way to go - especially as it's become a Polish rather than East European thread anyway. I see the point of the people who are against the threads in other languages. This way we let people from other countries look into what we're discussing in the East European thread.

Reasons for 328 were:
    1. Iconic shape
    2. Ease of maintenance over 348 and 308. It's a relatively modern car and relatively easy to maintain. No early nineties electronics to get screwed up. I had a 348 phase around summer 2006 especially since early 348's were generally much cheaper than late model ABS and modified suspension 328's like mine. In the end the styling and technical issues lured me to the 328. 308's look too retro to me although a late QV would be tempting if the right car had materialised.
    3. Found the right car (low kilometrage but with 20k km over last 2 years), from the right owner - honest, no bull**** and madly in love with the car who had her meticulously serviced and maintained and whose posts I could look up on fchat to confirm this. I was lurking on fchat for almost a year before I found Marc's ad (actually I first saw it on ebay) and I very quickly had the gut feel that this is the right car. Meeting Marc when I flew over to see the car confirmed what I thought plus the fact that this is a great guy who would probably not scam me. He was probably just as concerned - driving out in his Ferrari to Luton Airport to pick up a potential buyer flying in from Poland :). I can't wait to hear his side of the story over some chianti in Tuscany in June.

I didn't even drive the car when I first inspected it and to be honest there wasn't much of an inspection. Thank God I didn't drive it because I would have had 2nd thoughts. The driving position is "Italian Ape". I'm now completely used to it but the drive from London to Warsaw was quite an event especially since it was pouring down with rain from the moment I got on the M25 to the Ruhrgebiet.

Zero prior hands on experience with Ferraris - just a major petrolhead. I had and still have an old Mazda MX-5 as a fun car so I did have a twist for interesting motors.

I've already had a minor hiccup with high idle - solved easily with help from fchat. Still get weak knees when I see it sitting naked in the garage. Normally it's covered with a dust sheet, which my kids call the pyjama, as our cats like to walk over the top of it for some reason

OT:

Did you Polish guys realise there's a 60th anniversary event on Tor Poznan on April 21 organized by the Shell V-Power Club with Ferrari F1 cars, an appearance by Michael Schumacher and a host of other attractions? A friend got an invitation today. Apparently 1500 were sent out to V-Power Club members.

OT 2:

All you Polish speaking guys check this out (thanks Mat for the link):

Ferrari Club of Poland on tvn turbo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJjYjHnxvE4

I'm trying to contact them. One of the guys in the film has a 360 Spider and is a friend of my neighbour. Not sure about the whole "climate" shall we say :).

3. mat

mat Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Warsaw/Lodz, Poland
    Full Name:
    Mateusz
    you must be joking!!! :eek: i MUST be there!

in fact there's far possibility i'll be in villa d'este then... aaah we'll see

dla polaków mam taka sugestie - a moze zalozyc po prostu thread dla polish community?

4. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
  5. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Thank you for your answers so far. So your first experience was the MX5 yeah? It's a pleasant car, probably the best to start with, and which can also go on a racetrack, chassis rigidity is amazing for an early 90's cab.
    I also guessed from your pics/posts you were a pretty active member of MX5 community in Poland.

Why a Ferrari btw? Zakochales sie w czerwieni? In the same price range you have a recent GT keeping its value high: 993S and 993Targa.

Now more about the car itself, how many kms did you do since you brought it to PL?

6. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.

I was cofounder of the MX-5 club in Poland. I've had the MX-5 7 years now. Great fun car. Tracked it, toured in it, enjoyed it.

I've done around 1200 km. in Poland not counting the 1600 km. to drive it home from the UK. I've done about 100-200 km every weekend when the weather is nice plus a trip to Mazury for Easter.

Don't like Porkers. Everyone has Porsche, Evo, STi's, M3's. Actually I was also looking at real classics - seriously considering a big Healey but wanted something more reliable and modern which could still be considered a classic.

Also, for me the 328 is pure eye candy :) Pininfarina's finest hour.

7. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I see and i perfectly understand. I have some pictures of a very very beautiful 328 that was for sale in Germany. The owner put a lot of heart to capture its lines, the pictures are amazing let me look for them.

How are you enjoying the Ferrari experience overall now? in Warsaw, how does it feel? Is it still a big sensation to drive with one or not anymore really? How is the polish F club? Is it safe to park in the city center?

8. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    It attracts attention in Warsaw, but it attracted just as much on the Berliner RIng... Not sure about the Polish F club from what I've seen. Warsaw is pretty safe for cars these days. Gut feel and statistics all confirm this. I don't park this car unattended for long since so far it really is a weekend driving toy. I have to say my car was pristine when I got it with not a swirl mark on the body. It is now not as shiny but still stunning.

9. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    #109 Pav, Apr 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Jaga

Jaga Rookie

Aug 5, 2006
    Europe Highway
    Lets make a Polish thread and leave this for other EE members

11. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Great too see Ferrari's in Poland and I can't wait to go back home.

12. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Jaga, czesc. Nie wiem moze bysmy mogli przechrzcic ten na Polish thread?

13. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Zgadzamsie chlopaki ,a ya zaloje thread for ukrainian and russian speaking owners of fans.Powodzenia!!!
    A propos mam gdzies co ma na misly o mnie amerikanczyki!!!

14. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Hello ukr.,russ.speaking owners from Europe!Let's start new thread together!
    Hristos Voskres!Vsih z minulimi swiatami!

15. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Dobra stary,ale owszem kanadiyczyki wrzycajpodobne zdiecia napr.,na swoj thread...

16. zwoemba

zwoemba Formula 3

Nov 22, 2003
    That's one of the most beautiful 328's I've ever seen. Is it still yours?

17. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Is it possible to take part as a visitor in the event organised Shell v Power club in Poznan for foreigners (neighbours-Ukrainians)?

18. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    @zwoemba: nope, not mine

@Piotr: i'm pretty sure it can be done. I bet there will be many enthusiasts around. For your business i would suggest you to go to GT polonia tho.
    Edit: i'm 100% positive that if you open a tuning shop you would earn big money in Ukraine.

19. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Thx for advice but Novitec,Hamann,Schnitzer,Opera,Hartge,Mansory,Overfinch,Arden,ART,Brabus,Lorinser,Carlsson,Breyton,Techart,Gemballa,Brabus,ALPINA already represened in Ukraine.
    I am going to organise sportcar and luxury car club,and promote this business in arabic mode:
    Renting the place at luxury shopping mall to put 1 or 2 supercars Bugatti EB 110 and Zonda F for example if I make arrangement w.my friend from Hungary ,and taking orders,what do you think does it work?

20. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    You need to order a quick survey from an agency in Ukraine to know what really owners like. The Ukrainian and Arab clientelas are pretty different, even if at first glance the bling seems to be quite similar.

21. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
  22. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    A kto wlasnie na zdiecu?

23. Ptak

Ptak Rookie

Apr 14, 2007
    Poland/Monaco
    First of all I wanted to say Hi to everyone, my first post here. :)

I have to say that there is some usefull information here and some really nice cars, I noticed some when I visited W-Wa.

Are any of you heading out to the Leipzig show, it seems that there will be some nice new cars.

Pozdrawiam
    Krzysztof

24. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Hi guys, I'm back, was offline a few days. PLEASE does anyone have more info on the event in Poznan?!! If villa d'este with mat doesn't work out there'll be nothing else stopping me from going there apart from the formalities of no invite :( Przemek - would you know perhaps how to go about this?

PS I'm all for this thread being in English and even not setting up any other EE native language threads - maybe its for the better ;)

PS2 Hello Krzysztof, wellcome ;)

25. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Welcome, please tell me you have from Monaco. I love Monaco.