What is the value of a clock tag? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

What is the value of a clock tag?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by tx246, Mar 13, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sadly I have been outbid...

...but then again it doesn't matter anymore, thanks to Tom and his "kit"!

Thanks man!

2. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    LOL - you guys are great!

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Clock tag ain't gonna win you anything at a concours, unless you're down to about the 23rd tie breaker for 1st in class.

there's not even a spot for a mention of it on the scoring sheet.

If your car, and another car are identical, down to the most minute detail, having this hanging from the clock could (I guess) conceivably break the tie, but I doubt it would ever come down to that.

DM

4. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    That certianly would be a welcome dose of rational thought to the Judging process.

Steve

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While you're down playing the importance of a clock tag, I know at least one Boxer owner who went through extreme lengths to find a tag for his car. It is just one of those things, just like the original Ferrari radio (for the Boxer that is).

My feeling is, that even though it might not be on a judging sheet, it leaves a good impression with the judge when they spot it on the car.

6. TLKIZER660

TLKIZER660 Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2004
    Québec
    I would be really happy if I could contribute to disrupting the rising-cost-spiral of Ferrari trivia, like clock tags, warranties, and instruction cards/sheets. Since this stuff is worth nothing but costs a lot, I've decided to reproduce what I can and give it away (or at least the DIY instructions).

If anyone wants WORD versions of the ELECTRIC CLOCK clock tag, send me a PM with your email and I'll send you an email attachment. Unfortunately the text was done in other software and is pasted into the WORD business card form, so can't be edited to make the other later tags.

I'm now slowly (spare time) working on a reproduction of the Hirschmann antenna instruction card. My Queen has a Hirschmann power antenna. I don't have a card and have never seen one "in the flesh" but on Kerry's site there are two relatively good photos of the two sides. So far, I've created the LOGO and the Scripted Name by modifying a relatively similar font. I'm working on the text as I have time. What I'm missing are the exact dimensions and the card stock thickness. At least it's satisfying.
    Tom Kizer

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    What was the power antenna in the Daytona?

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I just had this conversation with a national FCA judge, who has also done Pebble Beach and the Radnor Concours D'Elegance, among others.

His words.

"might serve as a tie breaker, as suggested.

could also serve to impress the judge with the effort made to make the car as original as possible.

But, there are several "pointless' (as in, won't score a point or lose a point) items that can always help. How your tools are organized, are you books in good order, and well displayed, and most importantly, the attitude of the entrant at the concours. Your confidence, knowledge of your car and a good attitude when the judges come by.

Each can serve to elevate an entrant in the eyes of a judge."

There you go.

DM

9. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    I recall asking you about the cost of a set of Cromodoras and you quoted me market price. Then I found that you had recently bought a set of Cromodoras off eBay for $150.00 a piece, significantly less than the price you quoted this "Ferrari brother”.

My point, I don't fault you for the need to make a living by charging market price regardless what you bought the wheels for. In the same vein I have to support my hobby to keep my 12 cylinder engine running. If I find a good buy (as you did with the Cromodoras) then I like you am entitled to sell at market price.

I buy under medsia324 and sell under klkosola. No intrigue. I do it to keep track of my buys and sells.

10. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    I have the correct Hirschmann manual/card if you want to copy. It came with my 73 Daytona.

Daytonas came with at least two types of Antennas. The most common is the Voxson. My Feb 1973 car, and others around it, came with the Hirschmann "blue dot" antenna. If you are in the aftermarket looking for a correct Hirschmann, that's the one you want. My very early Daytonas came with an Antenna that looks like a Voxson, but Voxson is not written on it. I've been told that some cars came may have come with AudioVox antennas. They would be period correct, but I don't think I've ever seen one in a Daytona. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

Steve

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Great post. Something I'll print and file with my Daytona notes. Thanks.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes please, I'd love to get a copy of that.

13. shill288

shill288 Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2005
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Steve Hill
    #113 shill288, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What's the range of price for a pouch like this with those contents in today's market?

Thank you

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My guess would be about 5k.

16. rpochi

rpochi Rookie

Nov 3, 2003